The Vacation Rental, Ohmae-ke is around temples in the east of the Takayama basin.
A jutting pine tree will welcome customers at the top of the stairs after going up among the masonry. When you open the latticed door, you can see the Japanese garden which was built over 100 years ago.
Entering the entrance, through the Tatami Hallway, the Japanese garden is openly viewed from the living room. When you go further, there is a Japanese-style tea room, and from the tea room, you can see Japanese garden which is small but really refinement.
The different taste of Western room, which reminds of Taisho Roman, awaits you on the second floor. From there, you can get a view of Takayama-city with looking down the Japanese garden.
From Vacation Rental, Ohmae-ke, just 20-minute journey to Higashiyama Temple Area, the Old Township, Takayama morning market along the Miyagawa River side, Japanese building and folk museum called Kusakabe-tei and Yoshima-tei, etc.
It is a pair of one-day accommodations of a two-story old folk house built with Japanese gardens and Japanese style built over 100 years ago.
* The main space on the first floor is arranged like surrounding the garden from the living room to the Japanese style room and the tea room, and the Japanese garden can be seen from every room. In the evening, a fantastic world is lighted up and it is inspired.
* Built-in Kitchen with Tatami floor, it is very comfortable and you can enjoy drinking and cooking with a view of the Japanese garden.
* We have 3 Tatami-styled bedrooms and 1 Western-styled bedroom. The maximum of 10 people can stay. Enjoy your stay with your friends and your family.
* Equipped with facilities such as laundry in spacious bathroom.
* The residence is a traditional building. All rooms have air-conditioner but compared to the latest hotels, heating is not perfect, please understand.
* Please note that we do not have a phone in the house.
* Please be careful with noise, because we are located among quiet and rich area.
* There are 3 parking lots. Please feel free to use.
* No smoking
* No pets/animals
* There is a storehouse, but please do not enter.
* On the 2nd floor, the floor creaks because we would like to keep the style from Taisho period.
* Please refrain from romping around the garden.Get the full listing »