Traditional Japanese-style house is 60-square meters 2-floor, 4BR with 7 beds, can accommodate up to 10PAX
Only 4 min walk to Edogawabashi station, right at the middle of Tokyo. Airport pickup available ().
OTOWA neighbourhood itself is a charming district with popular spots like Gokoku-ji, Hatoyama Hall in walking distance.
We, foreigners living in Tokyo for 10 years, love to help you enjoy the charm of Japan.
* Portable wifi provided for free.
The neighborhood is extremely safe all hours. There are many families living around.
We got permission from the landlord to operate vacation rental while most of the hosts in Tokyo disguise and operate illegally. You don't have to worry of being canceled because of landlord issues which recently became serious problems.
It takes about 4 minutes on foot to the nearest subway Edogawabashi station which connect to Ikebukuro, Ginza, Imperial Palace, Yurakucho, Odaiba, etc by DIRECT train.
We live nearby so you never have to worry as we are always there to help you when you need.
The neighbourhood is extremely safe all hours. This is a quiet residential area with many families living around.
****** About the house ******
Traditional Japanese-style 2-floor house with 3 bedrooms in a charming and friendly residential area. Group of 10 people can sleep.
Powerful Home wifi and other necessities are provided for free.
***THE FLOOR PLAN***
+ 2nd floor has 3 bedrooms with 4 double-size beds, 1 single bed
+ Living room in 1st floor with 4 large couches
+ Large kitchen with all the kitchenwares
+ Large private bathroom with bathtub and shower
+ Powerful Home WIFI to use at home
+ Large TV
+ 4 double-sized beds (140 x 200 cm)
+ 1 single bed (100 x 200 cm)
+ 2 sofa beds (100 x 180 cm)
+ Air conditioner with both heating and cooling functions
+ Large and comfortable couches
+ Gas cooker, Fridges, Microwave oven, Toasters, Hot water pot
+ Rice cooker, Pans, Dishes, Bowls, Glasses, Chopsticks, Spoons, Forks
+ Hairdryer, Towels, Basic Toiletries (body soap, shampoo, hair conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
+ Standing mirror
+ Washing machine with detergent and softener
+ Cloth dryer
+ Vacuum cleaner
This house is located in Otowa district, one of the high-grade residential area with Gokoku-ji (the temple of "Defending the country", so you got the idea what is it for) at the North, and Hatoyama Hall (the residence of Hatoyama Ichiro, former Japan Prime Minister) which is as large as half of Tokyo Dome (the largest baseball stadium in Tokyo) in the middle and Kanda river at the South. The house is actually in front of Hatoyama Hall.
There is also Edogawabashi, in 4 minutes walk, the most beautiful bridge for Sakura in Tokyo.
Our friends provide car service (with driver) with the following price (we take zero commission fee)
- Half day: 25,000yen
- Full day: 35,000yen
If you want to take the train or walking, you will have walking access to the following places:
1) 4-minute walk to Edogawabashi station on subway Yurakucho Line
From Edogawabashi station to
+ Iidabashi: 3 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Yasukuni Shrine: 5 minutes by DIRECT train (stop at Ichigaya station)
+ Ikebukuro: 7 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Old samurai district: 8 minutes by DIRECT train (stop at Koujimachi station)
+ The Imperial Palace: 12 minutes by DIRECT train (stop at Sakuradamon station)
+ Ginza: 17 minutes by DIRECT train (stop at Ginza-Icchome station)
+ Tsukiji: 19 minutes by DIRECT train (stop at Shin-Tomicho station)
+ Odaiba: 29 minutes by DIRECT train (stop at Shin-Kiba station)
+ Shinjuku: 18 minutes with only one transfer at Ikebukuro station
+ Shibuya: 20 minutes with only one transfer at Nagatacho station
+ Tokyo Disneyland: 38 minutes with only one transfer at Shin-Kiba station
2) 10 minutes walk to Gokoku-ji, the Shrine of Defending the Country.
3) One step to Hatoyama Hall, a popular spot for people interested in contemporary Japanese politics history. It is just next door to our house.
4) There are a lot of other interesting spots nearby. Please refer to the photo of walking map for more details.
How to get here from airports?
Our friends provide airport pickups with the following price (we take zero commission fee)
- Narita: 20,000yen for one vans of 7-seaters (with luggage will be 5 people for your comfortability)
- Haneda: 15,000yen for one vans of 7-seaters (with luggage will be 5 people for your comfortability)
If you prefer go by train or by bus or by taxi.
1) By train:
* Train from Haneda airport to Edogawabashi station: about 50 minutes, 720yen.
- From Haneda airport, take Keikyu-Kuko Line at platform 2.
- Get off at Nihonbashi station and transfer to subway Tozai Line toward Iidabashi.
- Get off at Iidabashi station and transfer to subway Yurakucho Line toward Ikebukuro.
- Get oof at Edogawabashi station.
* Train from Narita airport to Itabashi station:
If you have Japan Rail Pass (JR Pass), activate it at the airport and take Narita Express to Ikebukuro.
When you get off at Ikebukuro, take subway Yurakucho Line for Shin-Kiba and get off at Edogawabashi. The order of stations on Yurakucho Line will be Ikebukuro, Higashi-Ikebukuro, Gokoku-ji, Edogawabashi.
It is totally free to travel from Narita airport to Ikebukuro if you have JR Pass. Please find the related information on Narita Express website.
If you don't have JR Pass, please follow the below route:
- From Narita airport, take Keisei Line Limited Express for Ueno, get off at Nippori station.
- Transfer to JR Yamanote Line for Ikebukuro/Shinjuku, get off at Ikebukuro station.
- Transfer to subway Yurakucho Line for Shin-Kiba and get off at Edogawabashi.
This way of transportation costs you about 1,370yen.
2) By bus:
* Direct bus from Haneda airport to Ikebukuro: about 1 hour; 1,200yen.
* Direct bus from Narita airport to Ikebukuro: about 2 hours; 3,000yen.
* From Ikebukuro, come to Itabashi station by train (about 3 minutes, 140yen) or come to the apartment directly by taxi (about 10 minutes; 1,200yen).
3) By taxi (4-seater cab in normal hour):
* Taxi from Haneda airport: about 40 minutes; 12,000yen.
* Taxi from Narita airport: about 1.5 hour; 30,000yen.
***INTERACTION WITH GUESTS***
* Check-in: If our schedule permits, we will pick you up from Edogawabashi station.
* During your stay: We live only close by. Please feel free to contact us via phone or message when you need help.
* Check-out: We always want to say goodbye to you. However, if our schedule doesn't permit, please drop the key at the mailbox near the entrance of the building.
We are both working and at home in the evening and early morning.
We are very willing to give you any advice or suggestion to make your trip in Japan enjoyable.
*** OTHER THINGS TO NOTE***
* The TVs are not for Japanese channels but you can use the game players or connect it to the internet for entertainment.
+4140 x 200 cm
+1100 x 200 cm
2100 x 180 cm
*Get the full listing »