*** Wedding conditions: listed at the bottom of this page ***
Villa Benedetta is a beautiful historic residence that has been the beating heart of the Folonari family (a renowned name in the Italian wine panorama) for many years. Dating back to the early 1800s, the villa is located at the center of the family’s agricultural holding, that is currently producing internationally known wines.
After an extensive renovation of the villa in 2014, the owners have decided to convert it into a vacation home considering its overall wonderful characteristics, elegance and charm. The spectacular Tuscan surroundings are perfect for excursions either on foot, by bike or by horseback riding.
The park of the villa is immaculately kept and features furnished shaded areas dedicated to relaxing while enjoying the view on the stunning Tuscan landscape or al fresco dining (there is a new barbecue and a covered gazebo that sits up to 20 people).
The private swimming pool (size 40 x 16 feet) comes with a changing area, full bathroom with shower and a dedicated wi-fi internet connection.
The villa guests are always welcome to visit the cellars and taste the wine produced within the estates of the Folonari family.
*** The property video (made in June 2016) can be viewed directly on this page or at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYBO7mT49A ***
Location: the villa is located in Greve in Chianti, which is considered the “entrance gate” into the Chianti region. The beautiful main square of Greve, Piazza Matteotti, is the focal point of the town and can be easily reached from the villa on foot (about 10 minutes walk), by bike, or by car (3 minutes drive).
At the Piazza Matteotti there is several excellent restaurants such as the Osteria Mangiando Mangiando, the Bottega del Moro or the Osteria La Terrazza as well as many other typical grocery stores, artisan shops and the famous Antica Macelleria Falorni (a Tuscan butcher that has been in the same spot since 1729). Nearby the square there is also a large supermarket.
In walking distance from the villa there is a bus stop where it is possible to take several buses to Florence or other nearby locations such as San Gimignano or Siena.
Description of the interiors: The villa features 9 large bedrooms (all with the characteristic high ceilings) and 8 bathrooms in total. One additional bedroom & bathroom is available upon demand.
- Entrance hall
- Large kitchen with table seating up to 8, oven, gas stove, American style fridge, kettle, toaster, ice machine, Italian coffee machine (moka) and American coffee machine (drip)
- Dining room seating up to 18 guests
- TV room with 54” TV
- Large living room with French doors, overlooking the valley and directly connected to the outdoor gazebo and lounge area
- Study with 54” TV
- 2 master bedrooms, each with a king size bed and a private bathroom
- 1 guest bathroom (half)
- Large living room
- 1 master bedroom with a king size bed and a private bathroom with tub/shower
- 2 master bedrooms with a king size bed each, sharing a bathroom with shower
- 2 twin bedrooms, with 2 twin beds each and a private bathroom*
- 1 twin bedroom with 2 twin beds, sharing a bathroom with tub/shower*
- 1 master bedroom with a king size bed, sharing a bathroom with tub/shower
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
*The 3 twin bedrooms on the first floor (that come with 2 twin beds each) can all be made up as kings upon request.
** A “City Tax” of € 1.50 per person per night, applicable for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights, is to be paid upon arrival (children under 14 exempt). The “City Tax” applies between the period of March 1st to October 31st.
*** Conditions to hold weddings at the property***
- The hiring of the villa’s preferred wedding planner is mandatory.
- A wedding/event fee is applied extra, for the permission to hold the wedding at the property with non-villa residents attending (this amount varies according to the final number of guests).
- The maximum number of guests allowed for any event/wedding on the property is 30 people (total includes villa residents).Get the full listing »