Unique lakefront villa in Reno with garden on the shores of Lake Maggiore, Italy.
Designed by a famous Italian architect in 1958, this large villa is full of character with large windows and curved corners. It is a house with his own special style, architecturally very interesting, and built on a rocky slope with wonderful views over Lake Maggiore and the surrounding mountains.
This family friendly holiday villa (350 m²) is structured over 3 floors and can accommodate up to 14 persons in 6 bedrooms:
- From the entrance on the ground floor you enter the spacious and bright living room with comfortable couches and satellite TV, with an adjacent dining room with round table and chairs. Fully equipped kitchen. A sliding window gives access to a terrace with table, chairs and sun loungers from where you can enjoy the spectacular views over Lake Maggiore!
- On the first floor are 5 bedrooms: one bedroom with double bed, private terrace and ensuite bathroom with shower, two bedrooms with double bed and terrace, one bedroom with two single beds, one bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds (sleeping 4) for children. Two bathrooms with tub and overhead shower
- A narrow staircase leads to the 2nd floor where you will find a bedroom with two small single beds (80 cm wide for children) and a bathroom with shower.
From the house you can follow a set of stone steps (see notes) down to a private lawn (150 m²) which borders the lake. Table and chairs, barbecue and table tennis are available. La Dolce Vita on Lago Maggiore - fire up the barbecue, relax in the garden in the warm summer sun, or take a refreshing dip in the cooling waters of the lake and soak up the view!
The vacation home is situated within walking distance (400m) of the small village of Reno di Leggiuno with it's cute little beach, beach bar, restaurant and small port. Only 2 km away is the beautiful monastery of Santa Caterina del Sasso, a not-to-be-missed sight of Lake Maggiore. The picturesque village of Laveno 5km away is part of the Golden Triangle of Lago Maggiore (Stresa, Verbania, Laveno) with a scenic lakeside promenade, many shops and restaurants, and a cable lift up the mountain to a breathtaking panoramic view of the nearby lakes. From Laveno you can easily hop on any ferry to explore the delights of the lake, or take a train to Milan city centre and shop 'til you drop!
Water, electricity, gas, satellite TV, DVD, wireless internet, dishwasher, washing and drying machine, baby bed and high chair, terrace, garden, barbecue, ping pong, lake access, parking (4 cars)
Extra to be paid cash upon arrival:
- Security deposit (refundable): 1000 euro
- Final cleaning, bed linen and bathroom towels (obligatory): 300 euro (1 week) - 400 euro (2 weeks)
- Heating: 50 euro per day
- Tourist tax: to check upon arrival if applicable
- Domestic animals not allowed
- Place for your boat: contact us
Arrival and departure:
Bookings per week
- Due to the layout of this property with many steps and slopes, it is not recommended for small children or for persons with walking disabilities.
- Some of the single beds (80 cm) are recommended for children and considered narrow for an adult
- Lake access: the size of the beach depends a lot on the changing altitude of the water, it is not regularly cleaned up so debris will wash ashore. Swimming in the lake is possible.
- Boats are for rent in a nearby nautica; contact us for more info
Private chef and other catering options, pre-stocking, extra cleaning and change of linen, personal trainer and massage, tour guide, boat rental and other extra services (upon prior request only - to book directly with the service provider).Get the full listing »