Villa Pian del Rocchio
In Umbria, the green heart of Italy, there is a place that speaks to you with tranquillity and peace. A place where you are embraced by nature and history. Where you realize that above else, being on vacation means getting closer to yourself.
In the municipality of San Venanzo in the province of Terni rises Pian del Rocchio, the plain that is home to the house that bears its name.
- Villa Pian del Rocchio, a 'Vacation House' surrounded by a large garden with pool, is situated in a beautiful, typically Umbrian green upland plain at 450 meters above sea level, amid gentle hills sloping towards the Tiber River Valley.
- In a triangle right between Orvieto, Perugia and Todi - all just minutes away - Villa Pian del Rocchio is two kilometers from the Medieval village of Collelungo, and four and five kilometers from Marsciano and San Venanzo respectively.
Villa Pian del Rocchio is a place designed to accomodate the interest of the people staying there, to respect their inclinations and their wish to stay where they feel truly at ease.
- Completely renovated, Villa Pian del Rocchio has a geometry architecturally defined as 'spontaneous' - typical of the old country homes shaped over the years by adding on new living spaces to satisfy the changing needs of the large farming households that lived there.
- The Villa is in five blocks: three central ones (the Tower, the Hearth, the Kitchen) and two side ones (the Dining Room and the Veranda). The entire 'daytime' is on the ground floor, and the upper floors, with 5 bedrooms, house the 'night-time area'.
THE GROUND FLOOR
the ground levels have floors in 'cotto fiorentino' - Florentine-style fired brick. The doors and windows are in solid chestnut, with roll-up screens.
- The Villa is furnished with beautiful pieces all restored to perfect condition. Combined with the charming colors of the upholstery and wallpaper, they create a warm, family atmosphere.
- The Sitting room is furnished with comfortable sofas and armchairs, plus a spacious built-in bookshelf that also contains a stereo system and satellite television. The large fireplace gives ambience character and warmth.
- The Dining room has two large windows, one looking out on the garden and the other on the flowerbed with its specimens of 'antiques roses'. The walnut table seats 10-12 guests. A comfortable, colourful 'Dormeuse' for a relaxing afternoon siesta in the cool shade of the house complete the furnishing.
- The Game room has two game tables (backgammon, cards, bridge board games and bidding box are available) as well as a harmoniously old-fashioned regular billiards table.
- The spacious yet cosy hi-tech Kitchen is completely furnished and equipped with a large oven and range, a refrigerator/freezer with ice dispenser, a built-in microwave and dishwasher.
- The large cool and sheltered Veranda, adjacent to the house, has a large, rectangular wrought-iron table easily capable of accommodating 12-14 guests for all outdoor occasions.
- The Parlour area has a 'guest bath' and the ground floor Laundry room is equipped with washer and ironing supplies.
THE FIRST & SECOND FLOOR (Mansarda)
The bedrooms all have warm, light oaken parquet floors and beds may be quickly rearranged to suit the Guests' needs.
- Of the four first-floor bedrooms with en suite bathroom, one has a double bed and the other three have twin beds.
- The fifth bedroom with en suite bathroom, on the mansard level, is particularly large with a double bed.
- The bathrooms are all delightfully decorated with precious matching tiles, with large showers and ceramic sinks. The marble-lined bathroom has a whirlpool bath.
- All the bedrooms have private terraces that look out on two small lakes, one to the north and one to the south of the Villa, and offer a splendid view of the surroundings.
THE GARDEN AND THE POOL
Villa Pian del Rocchio has a garden of about 5,000 square meters, with olive trees and orchards.
- The Pool is a six by twelve meters rectangle. On its short side, an additional semicircular area of five meters in diameter facilitates getting in and out of the water with large, easy stairs, nice and shallow for the smallest Guests. The bottom slopes down to varying depths (from 0.5 to 2.30 m.), thereby permitting both children and adults to swim in safety. By the pool is a handy hot-and cold-water shower.
- The Sunbathing area, paved in terracotta bricks, allow Guests to take the sun at all hours of the day, as they relax on comfortable beach chairs and lounges.
- A scenic corner, near the well by the pool, includes a round wrought-iron table with umbrella and a charcoal barbecue for tasty grilling in the cooler evening hours.
For more information and pictures about the Villa please CLICK the herebelow link: 'VISIT OWNER WEBSITE'.
The tranquillity and well-being that the house offers are in close dialogue with the variety and beauty of the surrounding area.
- From the immediate vicinity of the Villa to places slightly further afield but still easily reached, are places unique for their history and beauty like Gubbio or Assisi, splendid Medieval cities like Todi, Foligno, Bevagna, Montefalco, Spoleto, Orvieto and of course Perugia. In all these places, the history and nature of the green heart of Italy may be enjoyed with the flavours of a land whose culinary tradition and fine wines are another major source of pleasure for those who visit.
- Villa Pian del Rocchio can be even the focal point for places like Siena, Florence or Rome, all cities no more than two hours away by car or train.
Keywords: VillaGet the full listing »