This 120 year old farmhouse has been restored to a very high standard, with many original features such as terracotta tile floors and wooden beamed ceilings, plus modern bathrooms and kitchen. Outside there is a shady pergola with dining tables and seating for 14 people, and a large sun terrace, leading directly to a 12x6 metre (c.40x20 feet) swimming pool. Set in 2 acres of olive, fig and cherry trees, Covivoli has magnificent, uninterrupted views across the Tuscan hills towards Caprese Michelangelo, the birthplace of the famous sculptor, painter, architect and poet.
The house is located in eastern Tuscany, near the border with Umbria, and close to the beautiful, historic towns of Caprese Michelangelo, Anghiari and Sansepolcro. Within easy reach are other famous towns and cities, such as Perugia, Arezzo and Cortona, and (a little further but still accessible in a day trip) Assisi, Montepulciano, Florence and Sienna.
Covivoli makes a perfect country retreat from which to go off and explore, or just spend the day at the villa taking it easy. The house, pool and terraces are exclusively for the use of our guests and provide a peaceful and private setting. Choose from sightseeing, a trip to one of the many local markets or a night out at any of the numerous superb local restaurants, or simply relax on the terrace, soaking up the views, the sun and a bottle of the local wine.
Covivoli has 3 double bedrooms, 1 twin bedroom and a second living room with a good quality sofabed, sleeping 10 adults comfortably. There are 2 travelling cots for babies plus 2 spare single mattresses, so Covivoli can accommodate a maximum of 12-14 people/children/babies. We often have groups consisting of 2 or 3 families with children, but have also hosted groups of friends looking for a stunning location to celebrate a special birthday or anniversary.
We offer a range of additional services, all organised through our House Manager, Chris (who is English and lives with his Italian wife in the nearby village of Caprese), including:
• Provisions bought for you (there are usually a few basics in the house, but having your first shop done for you can be particularly helpful if you’re arriving late)
• 5 course Tuscan dinner, with wine, private chef and waiter
• Tuscan wine tasting, perhaps combined with a dinner
• Homemade pasta lessons, combined with a lunch or dinner
• Private birthday or anniversary parties, other celebrations, even an all-inclusive Tuscan wedding, can also be organised - you name it, Chris and his team will do their best to accommodate youGet the full listing »