The farmhouse has a composite structure. Its oldest part is the watching tower with a scarp wall. It was built in the ancient times by the Republic of Siena.
The farmhouse has been completely restored in 2009, according to the principles of bio-architecture; employing building materials such as bricks, slaked lime, wood; walls have been insulated by using cork; the heating system works with bio-masses and solar cells provide hot water. Our hosts will thus enjoy a stay in a healthy structure which takes care for the environment granting at the same time all the comforts required.
It is our desire to make our guests feel at home, in a warm atmosphere. The large open areas will allow a holiday in contact with nature.
Val d'Orcia Park
The territory of the Val d'Orcia is made up, mainly of a hilly landscape with gently rolling hills and valleys typical of the Sienese Crete and a rich variety of vegetation. The river Orcia springs from a gorge and winds its way across the valley.
Erosion of the soil has played a major role in the formation of the landscape with the clay soil laid bare and forming craggy badlands known as calanchi and clay knolls otherwise called biancane or mammelloni.
The tree species found throughout the area are the holm oak, turkey oak and downy oak which cover the territory in woodlands which become thicker towards the Maremma. However the tree which has become a symbol of the Val d'Orcia is the cypress.
The Val d’Orcia is also home to a large variety of wildlife such as the porcupine, badger, beech marten, polecat, weasel, fox, and wild boar. It is an ornithologist’s paradise with the barn owl, eagle owl and little owl, as well as birds of prey such as the buzzard, harrier eagle and kestrel.
Small jewel of the Renaissance in the heart in Tuscany, to the center of one of the most beautiful zones in Italy and richer than treasures of art, it owes his name and his fame to Enea Silvio Piccolomini become famous as Pious II. Big part of its more beautiful architecture was made to realize really from Pious Pope II among 1459 and 1462 that is called to work to Pienza one of the most famous architects of the epoch, Bernard Rossellino, turning the suburb native of Corsignano into a splendid Renaissance town, exceptional example of architecture and urbanism fifteenth-century.
Pienza, declared by the Unesco world patrimony of the humanity for the importance of his monuments and his urban order, it also constitutes, an ideal destination for a brief stay, a relaxing vacation between culture and gastronomy, to the center of a territory for big part still uncontaminated.
The city a very particular configuration: it is constructed along a geological ridge running down from the highest point. Today we find an extremely long main street leading from the Porta al Prato to the Piazza Grande. The houses are organised around this main street ina series of perpendicular short, narrow lanes- often extremely steep. The most important buildings are practically all on the main street, presenting a long procession of facades, almost an 'exhibition'of high level architectural design. There have been tho mai periods of architectural significance in Montepulciano, the XVI Century, and those years bridging the XVII and XVIII Centuries.
The costruction outside the gates of the imposing 'Temple' of San Biagio, on a projects of Antonio da Sangallo il Vecchio create a 'Style' taken up by most of the master builders, it inspires the palaces of the Avignonesi, Cocconi Cervini, Gagnoni-Grugni, Contucci and Tarugi, to mention only the main names.
Keywords: farmhouse, Villa, countryhouse, organic farmGet the full listing »