The building, once used as a thermal power plant, has been recently upgraded to host elegant apartments of various sizes, surrounded by a lush garden, overlooking a characteristic canal, just a few meters from the train station of Venezia Santa Lucia.
The apartment is accessible both from the third and fourth floor of the building. On the first level (3rd floor) there is the sleeping area, consisting of:
- A room with a double bed (divisible into two single beds) with large windows and elegant en-suite bathroom with shower;
- A second bedroom with double bed overlooking the canal;
- A third bedroom with double bed
- A second full bathroom with a relaxing shower with emotional, Turkish bath function and color therapy.
On the second level (4th floor), accessible through an inner staircase (16 steps), you can find:
- the large living room with two sofas and an ottoman, with French windows overlooking the quiet common garden
- the kitchen (complete with modern appliances including dishwasher, oven and microwave, coffee maker, kettle) and a table for six people
- another bathroom with toilet and sink
From the living area you can reach to the terrace (17 sqm) from which, through another ladder, you can climb on an even larger outdoor terrace of 65 sqm located on the third level, furnished - in the summertime - with table and chairs, where you can enjoy a beautiful view of the lagoon and the orchard of the Friars.
The apartment, with energy efficiency class "A", has underfloor ventilation and cooling systems.
It is nearly impossible to imagine a better location!
The apartment is located next to the train station, which is easily reachable on foot, in a few minutes even with luggage.
The location is also a good starting point for exploring the city: Calle Pruli ai Cavalletti is very quiet despite being just off the bustling main street, hosting a succession of shops, markets and restaurants. In 20 minutes you can reach the Rialto Bridge and then the wonderful Piazza San Marco, heart of the city, with the Basilica and the Doge's Palace overlooking the lagoon. For art lovers, the Scuola Grande di San Rocco with important paintings by Titian is only a 10 minutes’ walk across the famous Ponte degli Scalzi, outside the railway station.
Five minutes from the apartment lies the famous district Cannaregio, the old Jewish quarter and now home to one of the departments of the University Ca' Foscari. Cannaregio is an area of the town that has preserved its discreet charm, perfect to breathe the authentic Venetian atmosphere; a special place, away from the bustle of the main streets, where you can enjoy peace and tranquillity.
In this regard, the foundations of Sacca San Girolamo, located on the tip of the district, are worth visiting: there you can admire the wonderful colours that produce the sun at sunset, when reflected on the opaque waters of the lagoon of Venice.
Following the sun, in the lagoon, is the best way to discover the most authentic side of the city. From the district to the Arsenale, for example, you can watch the sunrise at its outmost. A short distance away, there are the Biennale’s gardens perfect for relaxing walks, in the framework of the old town, which is never too crowded with tourists.
A wide selection of restaurants and “trattorias” is available in the neighbourhood of the apartments.
For everyday shopping, you can opt for the larger supermarket located in Calle del Ghetto Vecchio - 600m from the apartment, while in the Cannaregio district you will find a small but well-stocked grocery store run by a couple of very kind Venetians!
GETTING AROUND IN VENICE
The best way to experience Venice is “getting lost” on foot among its canals and stare wonders at every turn, admiring the passing gondolas or enjoying the silence that surrounds the channel at dusk.
The city is well served by a convenient network of water buses. The closest stops are only 200 meters from the apartment, on the Grand Canal in front of the railway station. Here you will find the landing of the lines leading to San Marco, Murano Island (famous for glass craftsmen) or the Lido of Venice (where the Festival of Cinema takes place).
HOW TO GET THERE
- From the train station: take the second street on the left, Calle Pruli ai Cavalletti, and follow it to the end, beyond a wooden bridge, to reach the entrance of the building.
- By Car: you can park in the underground parking in Piazzale Roma, 800 meters away, just across the famous bridge of Calatrava. Alternatively, we recommend leaving your car at the railway station in Mestre, well served by car parks open 24/24, and then take the train to Venezia Santa Lucia.
- From the airport Marco Polo: take the shuttle bus, leading to Piazzale Roma in 20 minutes.
- From Mestre: you can reach Piazzale Roma using the T1 tramway from the city centre.
* Neighborhood information:
Actividades cercanas: Restaurants, Shopping, Sightseeing
* Check in: after 15:00h
* Check out: before 12:00h
* Security deposit: € 300.00-On arrival you will be required to leave a fully refundable security deposit - cash
* Refund: Deposit refund at departure
* Extra cost already included:
Bed linen included in the price
Towels included in the price
Internet included in the price
Cleaning included in the priceGet the full listing »