Unusual features you won't find at other mountain village homes:
-Hotel grade electrics.
-Views from every room.
-Large, private patio with a view.
-3 min drive to main provincial road.
-4 min drive to nearest restaurant.
-15 restaurants within a 15 min radius.
-Shops with both fresh market foods and every modern convenience, a pharmacy, and medical doctor within 5 mins.
It's a place where life doesn't zoom by; where time doesn't slip through your fingers. Your muse is just around the next tuck-pointed corner...That tune you've been humming... The sketch that tapped a deeper source of inspiration. At The Painter's Place, up to 5 guests can experience life off the clock, where urgency dissolves and your senses awaken.
Welcome to your mountain oasis…
The Painters Place is one of Villabuona's original structures, dating back to the 17th century. Yet it's interiors have been fully renovated to offer modern day comfort while retaining old-world details. The wood beamed ceilings and original period fireplace take you back to a simpler time. However, the entire house is fitted with hotel-grade electrics to current day standards and has been rendered very breathable with special materials that virtually eliminate all dampness.
Step into the spacious kitchen where you’ll find an electric cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, coffee-maker, coffee grinder, pots, pans and washing machine. This kitchen is perfectly positioned right off the front door, making it easy to transition from meal prep to alfresco dining. The extensive terrazza is adjacent to the house and furnished with a table, 6 dining chairs, 2 loungers and 2 director style chairs. Enjoy a full-bodied Nero D’avola at sunset, gazing across verdant mountains and a color-washed sky. You'll also be provided with comfy patio cushions and extra outdoor blankets for when there's a bit of a chill in the night air.
The adjoining living and dining area is the heart of the Painter’s Place. With the snug sofa, extra chairs, custom church-style benches and traditional chestnut table, this is where your group will laugh, play and eat together. Reminisce about your hike through the chestnut forests as you searched for Porcini mushrooms. Then cook up those mushrooms with a bit of nepitella and reminisce again. There’s also a credenza full of all the necessary crockery, cutlery and glasses. The TV receives a good aerial signal so local channels are available. And use the Grunding DVD player to make sure you enjoy one of the numerous English, American and Italian DVDs provided.
Just across the stairwell is the bathroom. To say it’s roomy is an understatement. The space is enormous by any standard, and especially for a village home. It’s equipped with an ample shower that includes a built-in seat for maximum relaxation. There’s also a toilet, bidet, basin, lovely vanity and a corner chair.
The 2 upstairs bedrooms sleep 4 guests very comfortably in 2 king size beds. There's a fold out single for 1 extra guest that can be set up upon request. Next to each bed are double sockets and light switches. Easily recharge devices and turn off lights without ever coming out from under the covers. There's a shirt and trousers stand in both spaces, along with an empty storage chest for your use. The second bedroom boasts an ensuite changing room and a desk - the perfect workspace with a view!
The entire place is yours!
Interaction with Guests:
The Painter's House is managed by Tuscan Property Solutions (TPS). This means that, in addition to staying at one of the finest properties in Tuscany, you will be cared for to the highest standard. If ever you find yourself in an emergency situation, like losing your passport or needing a dentist, you’ll have 24/7 access to one of TPS’s local team members to help guide you towards the services you’ll need. Maid services can be arranged upon request, along with a gourmet in-home dining experience.
The Painter’s Place is surrounded by woodland. Instead of passing cars or sirens, the mountain air is graced by the sound of church bells and hooting owls. Finally reach a level of meditation that has eluded you for too long. And when it’s nature you seek, take off onto one of the numerous hiking paths in the area. Maybe you’ll spot a wild orchid, or that part of yourself that still wonders what’s at the end of a rainbow.
Although it may feel like there’s an eternity between you and the rest of the world, you're actually much closer than you think. The nearest restaurant is just 4 minutes from the house, the local train station is 10 minutes away, and there are 15 restaurants within a 15 minute drive. The medieval walled city of Lucca, with A11 and A12 motorway access, is just a 25 minute trip by car. Experience the Italian Riviera (40 minute drive), the cathedrals and museums of Florence (50 minute drive) or the Leaning Tower of Pisa (45 minute drive) on a couple of day trips. All of Tuscany is at your fingertips!
Other Things to Note:
You can park your car just 100 meters from the property. There's a second entrance to the house that can be used as an emergency exit. Also, there are three fans provided for your comfort - 1 for each bedroom and a third for the sitting / dining room.
>>>NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 10 YEARS OF AGE DUE TO LOW WINDOWS WITHOUT BARS AND HIGH TERRACE<<<
The guests and the party accept the following conditions:
1. The property is rented fully furnished and equipped. The price for the property includes linen, towels, final cleaning services, and a welcome pack as a thank you to our guests for choosing our home for their holiday.
2. Arrival time is between 16.00 - 19.00 pm although in some occasions we can make special arrangements with arrivals at a different time. It is important that prior to your arrival you advise the property manager of your contact details ( mobile numbers and email address) so that you may be reached on the day of arrival in the case that this is necessary.
3. Departure time is before 10.00 am on the day of departure unless agreed upon differently with the property manager, the house representative . Guests must leave the rental property in an acceptable condition including taking away of all rubbish .
4. A refundable security deposit will be collected on the day of arrival in CASH in the following manner:
•EURO € 175.00
•Sterling £ 155.00
•USD $ 200.00
This amount is collected to cover the cost of any damages or breakages to the property or its contents. This amount, less any applicable claims, will be returned to the guest on the date of departure by our local representative.
5. WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Water shortages do occur; please be sure to use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at the same time because the limitator could shut the electricity off. Of course by just pushing the mains switch back on the electricity does come back if this were to occur.
6. RUBBISH- Rubbish collection has changed effective January 2018. There is a schedule located in the house of collection dates which you will need to remember ( in the appropriate rubbish bags ) what is collected on which day.
7. LINENS & TOILETRIES- Linens are provided in the house therefore you will not need to bring any of your own, pool towels are also made available to guests. Liquid hand soap, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tablets and toilet paper is also made available upon arrival. However, if these items finish prior to your departure it is the guest’s responsibility to purchase more.
8. OCCUPANCY & CLEANING RULES- As guests are not charged a final cleaning fee, guests are required to leave the premises clean, neat & tidy as they found it upon their arrival. Please ensure that the refrigerator is wiped out, kitchen and bathroom benches, floors etc. are to be left clean, rubbish taken to the local bin and dishwasher unpacked. Also we ask to please make sure barbeques and their utensils are cleaned prior to departure. If one or more of these things are not respected then an extra $25.00 cleaning fee will be charged. All guests are required to respect the property and its furnishings.
• Not suitable for children and infants
• No smoking
• Check-in is anytime after 4PMGet the full listing »