Il Moro "is a modern and bright house located on the hill overlooking the Riviera dei Ciclopi, just a few minutes from the sea of Aci Trezza, the ancient fishing village where the Sicilian writer G. Verga set his masterpiece: "I Malavoglia".
Consists of an elegant living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and laundry, the house overlooks a lush terrace, furnished with table, chairs, umbrella and barbecue, fragrant jasmine and lavender.
Il Moro "is equipped with all comforts, air-conditioned in summer with ceiling fans and in winter with methane radiators, ideal for couples, families or groups of friends up to 5 people or even those who, traveling for work, like the tranquility and the fresh air of the hill, away from the convulsive rhythms of the city.
The area is served by supermarket, deli, bakery, fruit and vegetables, pharmacy, bars, fish shop, gym, lupineria, restaurants and pizzerias.
In town you will find beaches, renting of pleasure boats, boutiques, restaurants, wine bars, delis, pubs, clubs, newsagents and banks.
"Il Moro" awaits you all year round, especially on the occasion of the "most beautiful Carnival of Sicily" of Acireale, of the famous "Festino di S. Agata ", the patron saint of Catania, of '' Ottobrata Zafferanese", event dedicated to wine Etna, Christmas, Easter, the "Cinenostrum" National Film review of Aci Catena, the "Pisci to" traditional pantomime seas of Aci Trezza, the "Nivarata", Sicilian granita festivals and, of course, in summer, also is also available to those who have the need to be close to renowned hospitals Catania.
Tips and activities
In a strategic location, the house allows you to reach Catania, Acireale easily, Aci Castello, Taormina, Savoca, Caltagirone, Siracusa, Noto, Ragusa Ibla, Sperlinga and Piazza Armerina, as well as the medieval towns and eighteenth century at the foot of Etna or villages fishermen dotting the nearby Lemon Riviera.
A stone's throw from home you can take archaeological and gastronomic itineraries to discover the Roman Baths of S. Venera al Pozzo, the route of the water mills and tasty lupine, legume from the many virtues, appreciated here since ancient times.
The most beautiful sea of the coast is certainly that of the Integrated Nature Reserve of the Ciclopi Islands, emerged years ago from the Ionian waters as primordial manifestations of Etna and easily reached by canoe, rowboat or pedal boat, to be rented on the seafront of Aci Trezza. In the reserve, as well as enjoy some exercise, alternating with sunbathing on the island Lachea and Faraglioni, you can also go diving, snorkeling and excursions by boat glass bottom.
To visit in the village the museum "La Casa del Nespolo" and the old Bastione, in the nearby Aci Castello the Norman fortress on the lava cliff overlooking the sea, in Acireale the baroque churches, the museum of the Opera dei Pupi, the Zelantea Pinacoteca , the path of the Chiazzette.
The picturesque fish market in Aci Trezza, open until the early hours of the morning, definitely worth a visit to admire the incredible variety of fish that arrives every night with local fishing boats.
Do not miss to savor a delicious granita or a delicious dinner of fresh fish in one of the typical bars and taverns Aci Trezza, Aci Castello, Capo Mulini, S. Catherine S. Maria la Scala and Santa Tecla.
Indispensable is finally a visit to Mount Etna, our beloved mountain, the highest active volcano in Europe, with its craters, the lava caves and the gorges of the river Alcantara, covering in spring and summer the numerous paths traced by the Park in the woods, going for mushrooms and chestnuts in the autumn and, even, skiing, winter.
from Aci Trezza 500 m. - from the train station of Acireale 1 km - from Aci Castello 1 km - from Acireale 4 km - from Catania 11 km - from the airport of Catania 16 km - from Taormina 51 km - from SR 78 - from Caltagirone 83 - from Etna 30 .
Near the house, bus stop to Acireale and Catania. tourist bus service in the summer.
Main events in Aci Trezza
• June - July: Swordfish Festival - Feast of St. John the Baptist
• June 24: "U pisci a mari" Traditional pantomime in a boat
• December: Christmas Market
Main events in Aci Castello
• June 17/19: Sagra della Pepata di Mzze
• 01/03 July: Masculina Festival
• 07/09 August: Paranza Fest
• 11th / 13th September: Festival of the Arancino - Ficarazzi
• 25th / 27th September: Akis Folk Fest - Music, cinema, photography, books, guided tours, old traditions
• 19/23 December: Christmas' nda strada longa - Craft market, ancient tastes and tastings in the historic center
Main events in Acireale
• 20 January: Feast of San Sebastiano, patron saint
• 17 February / 5 March: "The most beautiful Carnival of Sicily" Edition 2019
• Easter: Good Friday Traditional procession of the statue of the "Dead Christ" (1732)
• Easter: Holy Representation of the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ - Aci Platani
• April: Flower Festival - Parade of flowered carts, street artists, exhibitions, markets
• 26th June: Feast of the Patron Saint Venerates the Virgin and Martyr
• June: The Nivarata - Feast of the Sicilian Granita
• July: AcirealEstate - program of lively - Program of Festival of Santa Venera patron
• Last week end of July: Festival of the Swordfish - Pozzillo
• July: Festival of the White Tuna - Stazzo
• August 9: A sea of goodness - S. Tecla
• Last weekend of August: Fisherman's Feast - S. M. La Scala
• August: Summer Carnival
• 4th / 15th September: Fiera del Jonio
• December: "Christmas in Acireale" - "Itinerary of the Cribs" - Crib of the 17 th century in the church of the Madonna della Neve
Main events in Catania and Etna villages
• 3/5 February and 17 August: Festino di S. Agate, patron of Catania: worship, devotion, folklore
• 25th April: Basula Fest - Music and dance at the Cosentini Park - S. Venerina
• July 14th / 17th: Marranzano World Festival - Kermesse dedicated to Jew's harp, a traditional Sicilian musical instrument
• 22nd / 24th July: Zanne Festival - Rock, art, nature and wellness at the Gioeni Park
• September 5/13: Feast of the Madonna di Ognina - Sea procession of fishermen's boats and fireworks in the water
• 18/20 September: Ursino Buskers - Street arts festival with jugglers, acrobats, actors and musicians
• 18/20 September: Buk Festival - Festival of books at Palazzo Platamone
• September / October: Pistachio Festival - Bronte
• Every Sunday in October: Zafferanese Ottobrata - Zafferana Etnea
• October: Bio Expo - Healthy and Natural Living Exhibition - Le Ciminiere - CT
• November: Expo Food and Wine - Excellence in taste in Sicily - show cooking, workshops, tastings and seminars
• 8 December / 31 January: Christmas in Catania - Christmas itineraries, events, events and markets in the historic center
• 26th / 30th December: Catania Xmas Festival Street Artists - Music, parades and street artists
• New Year's Day: San Silvestro a mare - Traditional swim in the waters of the Gulf of Ognina
• Every Sunday morning: Flea Market - Port of Catania - Old CustomsGet the full listing »