ED Refnr. 2546029
In the heart of the Tuscia, nestling on the border of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio, lies Montefiascone, an ancient medieval town located on the edges of the beautiful Bolsena Lake, the largest volcanic lake in Europe.
The lake lies just 8km away from the house and occupies the crater of an extinct volcano. Here you can relax along it’s shores, enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants, swim in the warm crystal clear waters or take part in many water sports. Along its shores lie the enchanting villages of Marta, Capodimonte and the sophisticated lakeside of Bolsena.
Montefiascone itself is not without charm and character. It commands an envious position with stunning views over the lake. You may find a wide range of local amenities here including shops, supermarkets and restaurants.
In summer the annual wine festival transforms the town with a series of events and historical pageants, enticing visitors to sample wine, olive oil and local produce.
Accommodation; 2 km outside Montefiascone is situated a country house. Built in the traditional rural Italian style of stone and chestnut wood. High quality materials have been used throughout with added features created for modern living. It is situated on a hill and provides unrestricted views of the Cimini mountains and beautiful rolling countryside towards the papal city of Viterbo. Away from the mass tourism of Tuscany lies this oasis of peace and tranquillity.
Is an impressive and spacious building which can accommodate a maximum of 10 people. These can accommodate couples, groups or families. Locality; Its location is ideal for exploring a rich variety of fascinating historical, geographical and cultural features.
The choice of sightseeing opportunities are overwhelming. Visit the fabulous gardens of Villa Lante or Palazzo Farnese in Caprarola, the fascinating Parco dei Mostri in Bomarzo and Civita di Bagnoregio (a dying city). The necropolis and sea beaches of Tarquinia are only a short distance away. Soak away the stresses and strains of modern life in one of the many free hot springs that dot the area. For those who crave the excitement, buzz and style of Italian cities, Viterbo is only 15 minutes away and Orvieto 20 minutes. The larger cities of Rome, Perugia, Assissi, Siena and Florence are all within easy reach by car, train or coach. A True Taste of Italy; This is an experience which is likely to appeal to the more discerning customer, who is searching not only for peace and tranquillity, but also a true taste of rural Italy. We can provide wonderful scenery, fascinating places to visit and superb local cuisine.
The house is set within a traditional Italian farmstead containing an olive grove and vineyard along with a few sheep, goats and poultry. All the produce is organically grown. The family has rigorously (some may say even obstinately) maintained their philosophy of producing high quality food in a traditional manner long before the slow food movement. It is our mission not only to provide high quality holidays but also to provide an illuminating insight into the traditional methods of producing good quality food.
So..... come to find us, you’ll pass a very relaxing vacation!!
- Water: per object and day included in price .
- Electricity: per object and day included in price .
- Parking facilities: per object and day included in price .
- Climatisation / Ventilators: included in price .
- Internet: per object and day included in price .
- Final cleaning: per object and day included in price .
- Pet: once per pet Costs amounting to 20 EUR (optional).
- Intermediate cleaning: per object and day Costs amounting to 30 EUR (optional).
- Visitor's tax: per person and day Costs amounting to 1 EUR (Mandatory).
- Fuel for chimney/fireplace: per object and day according to consumption (Mandatory).
- Heating: according to consumption (Mandatory).
- Cot for children: per object and day available and included in price (Mandatory).
- Bed linen: per object and day available and included in price (Mandatory).
- Towels: per object and day available and included in price (Mandatory).
- Property area: 15000 m²
- Number of kitchens: 1
- Number of living rooms: 1
- Number of toilets: 1
- Distance to lake (BOLSENA): 8 km
- Distance to next shopping facilities: 2 km
- Distance to town (MONTEFIASCONE): 2 kmGet the full listing »