In the most panoramic position, the Hermitage of Montevergine, the first settlement of the area dating back to the early 1700s, dominates the beach of San Francesco, which is about 100 meters from the entrance adjacent to the Church of San Francesco.
The unique location, just two kilometers from the center of Forio, in an exclusive location that has always been considered a residential area with prestigious villas and hotels, served by restaurants, bars and supermarkets, makes it the ideal location for those who want to experience a holiday completely immersed in the special Ischian atmosphere made of nature, relaxation and fun, while enjoying absolute quiet.
Nearby is the forest of Zaro with the villa "la Colombaia" already belonged to the director Luchino Visconti and now home to a cultural foundation that deals with Cinema and Entertainment. In the same wood there is the place of worship dedicated to the Madonna of Zaro, while a few steps from the Hermitage you can visit the famous "Giardini della Mortella", considered among the first ten most beautiful gardens in Europe.
From the small square in front of the church of San Francesco di Paola, through a wrought iron gate, you enter the Hermitage. A long covered patio that houses an ancient well, bordered by large and beautiful arches, leads, widening into an irregularly shaped open patio, to the master staircase with the classic piperno motifs.
From the main staircase, the wide and luminous entrance introduces the Petrea apartment into the main part of the Hermitage, a former master residence of an English noblewoman of the early 1900s, located in the center of the apartments like the pistil of an flower in the center of the petals. Exactly in the moment of sunset and in particular climatic conditions, you can see "the sun, just disappeared, frolic, have fun, throw a tender, bewitching, fleeting flash: it's THE GREEN RAY".
The Hermitage of Montevergine offers its guests 7 exclusive accommodations, with characteristic names: Petrea (# 1679791), Galatea (# 1662493), Calypso (# 6815633), Nesea (# 6938623), Teti (# 1661795), Actea (# 1380689) and Seaview Dome. All with satellite TV, wifi, air conditioning and private parking. Some, recently renovated, have a kitchenette with equipped kitchen, terrace and sea view. The apartments of various sizes and arrangements, can accommodate from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 6 people.
Actea, which is accessed via a staircase from the upper garden of the House, is the most secluded compared to the other apartments, with which it shares the garden and the lookout. Furnished in a simple but essential manner, it is ideal for hosting a family of four. The apartment consists of:
• A double bedroom overlooking the panoramic terrace
• A complete bathroom with shower
• A second bedroom with single beds and a window overlooking a small internal terrace. This second room has old exposed wooden beams and was originally attached to the central part of the Hermitage.
• A large living room with two windows oriented towards Forio and Punta del Soccorso. From the same one leads to a terrace facing west on the bay of S. Francesco, on which to comfortably stay and admire the splendid panorama of the bay and on the horizon the island of Ventotene and, in the evening, the lighthouse of Punta Imperatore.
• A separate fully equipped kitchenetteGet the full listing »