An apartment in the center of Ameglia with double bedroom, 2 bunk beds, bathroom (bath foam, soap and shampoo) and kitchen ... Wifi, iron, hairdryer, essentials: sheets and towels, hairdryer, heating, TV, washing machine ..and you have people available to give you all information in French, English and Arabic and Italian.
Ameglia is a Ligurian town that rises in the water catchment area of the river Magra and extends to the nearby Monte Caprione
In addition to the chief town, the municipality consists of the four villages of Bocca di Magra, Cafaggio, Fiumaretta and Montemarcello.
• Montemarcello. It is a fortified medieval village located in the heart of Mount Caprione and dominates both the Val di Magra and the gulf of La Spezia.
Ameglia borders to the north and east with the municipality of Sarzana, to the south it is bathed by the Ligurian Sea and to the west with Lerici.
• Bocca di Magra. The place, at the mouth of the river Magra and at the foot of Mount Caprione, has been known since Roman times and the remains of a villa from the 1st-4th century BC bear witness to this. C., located at the end of the current village. Born as a fishing village and immediately after the war, from 1945 to the end of the fifties, it became a summer gathering place for intellectuals and writers, such as: Giancarlo De Carlo, Vittorio Sereni, Giovanni Pintori, Giulio Einaudi, Marguerite Duras, Franco Fortini, Lica and Albe Steiner, Elio Vittorini and Italo Calvino. With the advent of mass tourism it becomes a seaside tourist resort.
• Cafaggio. Developed in the last decades of the twentieth century on pre-existing vineyards and olive groves of the eighteenth century, in the village were found between 1976 and 1977 traces of an ancient necropolis of the second Iron Age.
• Fiumaretta. Located in front of Bocca di Magra, on the left bank of the mouth of the river Magra. It was built in 1855 following the reclamation carried out in the flooded marsh area between the ancient city of Luni, Marinella di Sarzana and the river. It is currently a seaside resort. Near the village there was a small port called San Maurizio in the Middle Ages, which took its name from a small church dedicated to the saint. The port, which had long since replaced that of Luni, was used by travelers and pilgrims, but also for the transport of goods.Get the full listing »