Curious about what makes Ortigia so wonderful? Live like a local and find out for yourself in my newly renovated apartment with its view of the red rooftops,nestled in one of the most fascinating pedestrian piazzas of Ortigia (near the beautiful Palazzo Mergulensi).
Extremely quiet and intimate,“Il Teatrino” (the name is inspired by the Sicilian Puppet Theatre) is an airy one-bedroom apartment with abundance of natural light.
It is welcoming and homely, just as a real Sicilian home should be.
I really think that a home should make you feel good: " Il Teatrino" is a comfortable , serene space where the colourful mix of contemporary and traditional elements creates both a fun and relaxing family home.
Located on the second floor of a beautiful building from the early 1900’s, " Il Teatrino" measures about 50 sq.m.
The front door takes you into a bright and airy open-plan space , with a well-equipped kitchen, a dining area and a sofa bed with lots of soft cushions. A cozy and inviting bedroom and a stylish bathroom with shower and a storage closet complete the apartment.
To make your stay as pleasant as possible, the apartment has been equipped with all the amenities that you could want for a weekend getaway or a longer stay:
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to cook a delicious meal after visiting the local daily market!
I love cooking and I know that when you rent an apartment with your friends and family, food is a big part of the experience, especially in Sicily!
- Dishes, bowls , wine and water glasses,
-Cutlery for 6.
– Pots/Pans/Platters .
– Serving utensils.
– Full set of chefs knives.
– 1 microwave oven, 2 burner hop, a fridge with freezer.
– Almost any condiment you need: olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, local red pepper,
- A selection of teas and herbal teas.
- A traditional “caffettiera” (Italian coffee pot) along with the instructions to prepare a perfect Italian coffee, a French press coffee maker, ground coffee and sugar,
- A toaster
- An electric orange juicer (our oranges are simply delicious).
- A comfortable round table with 4/6 chairs.
The kitchen is in the main living area of the apartment, with a charming view of the red roofs of Ortigia and with plenty of space for your quiet evenings at home.
A comfortable sofa bed with lots of soft cushions and a large flat-screen television complete the space.
Whether you’re with friends, on a romantic getaway or with your children, this room ensures you a cosy, private space.
The bright and stylish room has a window overlooking the typical Ortigia roofs; it comes with a chest of drawers, a closet and a bench.
The double bed has crisp white linens , and four cushions to create the perfect pillow height and comfort level.
It is wide and bright, with shower and bidet.
You'll find classic, white towels and large bath sheets together with personal care products and an hairdryer.
Beach towels available on request.
All rooms have air conditioning/heating system and fast, unlimited WI-FI.
A drying rack, an ironing board and an iron are at your disposal.
It is easy to fall in love with this neighborhood where time seems to stand still: the building overlooks a quiet pedestrian area where you can relax in one of the cozy outdoor cafes and appreciate the Sicilian lifestyle.
The daily market, restaurants, shops and art venues are all within walking distance:
- 2 minutes to Piazza Duomo
- 3 minutes for the daily market
- 2 minutes to the nearest supermarket
- 4 minutes from the marina
-4 minutes from the nearest solarium where you can swim in our crystal clear sea and 10/15 minutes from the nearest beach, "Calarossa".
If you are tired of walking, in Piazza Archimede (two minutes from the apartment) you can take an electric bus that runs throughout Ortigia and Syracuse or a Hop on Hop bus with which to visit all the places of interest in the city (5 euros per day).
Other useful services in the area:
- Laundry, via dei Mille 25, about 5/10 minutes from the apartment
- Supermarkets two minutes walk (CRAI via Giusto Monaco and via Cavour 71)
- Daily outdoor market (Via De Benedictis) less than 5 minutes walk from the flat.
- Boat rental "Explore Ortigia boat rental" (Molo zanagora) to rent a boat, with or without skipper.
- Excursions by boat "Excursion by boat Ortigia": (Foro Vittorio Emanuele II).
- Scooters and Bicycles: numerous rental options near the apartment.
- Luggage storage at about 5/10 minutes from the apartment.
- Garage, two minutes from the apartment, available on request.
Ortigia is a magical island, surprising and full of charm.
The best way to visit is to wander without a map, getting lost in its colorful alleys and be surprised by its beauty.
You might need a car only when you decide to visit the surrounding area (and there are many beautiful places to discover!).
If you arrive by car, in my guide of Siracusa, you will find my suggestions on the nearest parking lots, but it is possible to book a place in the private garage two minutes from the apartment: Garage La Mesa, Via dei Mergulensi 11; if you prefer, I can book it for you.
If you travel without a car, I will suggest the easiest (and also fun) ways to visit Syracuse.Get the full listing »