Villa Lorenzo is a very large, registered early nineteenth century frescoed villa designed by the famous Lucchese architect Lorenzo Nottolini, who was also responsible for the celebrated aqueduct that used to bring the water down from the hill cities. Nestled in 50 acres of pine forests and olive groves, the villa lies about eight kilometers to the south of the medieval town of Lucca and offers extensive gardens, a floodlit tennis court, a large swimming pool and several different al fresco dining areas.
Villa Lorenzo Estate is the combination of the Main Villa with its 12 bedrooms and the second 5 bedroom villa which is located on the same large Estate, just 100 meters from the main villa.
While the villa is situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Vorno, the surroundings are completely rural and tranquil. Within a five minute walk, guests have the convenience of the village bar, shops, and restaurants. There are wonderful views of the surrounding hills, forests, olive groves and the Alpe Apuane, sometimes snowcapped in the winter.
Due to its vast size, the villa provides a perfect location for large family groups or reunions, weddings in its beautiful consecrated chapel, corporate meetings, product launches, and film sets. Coupled with the proximity to the Pisa airport, which has numerous daily international flights, Vorno is an ideal meeting place for large groups.
Price includes: Heating, utilities, exclusive use of villa, gardens, grounds, pool and court.
Available upon request (at additional cost): Chef service, maid service, Food, beverages, telephone, transfers, nanny service, heating of the pool above the standard temperature 24C (during the period May - September incl.)
The ground floor of Villa Lorenzo offers a grand entrance hall leading to an extravagant drawing room with marble fireplace and grand piano facing the lemon garden. The formal dining table can seat up to thirty-two and has a lavish chandelier. There is also a casual dining room along with a television room and a modern kitchen leading into the demonstration kitchen. Also on this floor is a library and office, with Internet, fax, and telephone service. And for those who are stair adverse, a bedroom with ensuite bathroom is available on the ground floor. This room offers a view over the front courtyard.
The mezzanine floor is part of the main house and is reached from the half landing on the main staircase, although it does also have its own separate entrance from the back lawn if required. There are two double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, and a sitting room on this floor. One bedroom has a Kind and the other one has two twins.
The first floor offers four double bedrooms, all with ensuite bathroom facilities, lovely frescoed ceilings, and views of the valley, garden, or olive groves. There is also a large sitting room with a grand piano and fireplace.
The top floor has the remaining five bedrooms: 4 double bedrooms and one bedroom with twin beds. Three bedrooms are ensuite and the other two share a bathroom. And of course, all rooms offer sweeping views of the surrounding countryside.
The backyard features a completely private swimming pool, lounge chairs for sunbathing, and an outdoor dining table that seats twenty four guests and is shaded by a large mulberry tree. The grass lawn tennis courts are located a few yards down a shady path and are floodlit for nighttime playing.
The second villa:
Interior Description (550 m2):
Ground Floor: It has a beautiful open living/dining/kitchen room on the ground floor, which includes television, dishwasher, microwave, and washing machine. The walls are painted a restful shade of yellow, and the flooring is traditional Tuscan terracotta. There are two bedrooms, each with King size beds and ensuite bathrooms with tub.
First Floor: There is a large sitting room.
Second Floor: There are two bedrooms, each with King size beds and ensuite bathrooms with tub. There is also one large bedroom, ideal for children, with a skylight, three single beds, and ensuite bathroom with shower.
The second villa has its own private enclosed garden and direct access through a gate to the main grounds of the main villa.
The chapel dates back to the 13 century. The Annunziata has been owned through the years by different families; the Giglis, the Macariuis, the Simibaklis, the Carbolanes, the Lucchesinin and at the beginning of the 18th century it passed onto the hand of the Nottolini family who restored the house, and between 1860 and 1870 rebuilt the chapel to the design of the renowned Lucchese architect Lorenzo Nottolini. The Annunziata was a public chapel where mass was held every Sunday and (until the 17th century) had its own priest. Each year on the 25th of March big feasts were held with luminary processions and food was given to the poor people of Vorno. The chapel has a fine neo-classic facade, with an arch on the upper part of the building portraying floral motives and the Annunciation. You arrive at the chapel by a driveway built in 1910 after the old road of Valle (that used to pass in front of the Annunziata) was made private by the Capannori commune.Get the full listing »