The Colorado Rocky Mountains are calling! Book a trip to Idaho Springs and stay at this 3-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom vacation rental house located at a 9,200-foot elevation. The home offers multiple deck areas to view some of Colorado’s highest mountain peaks. It’s a gateway to some of the best skiing in the United States with many popular ski resorts nearby plus local rafting trips, which take you through historic gold mining areas.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Tempurpedic Bed | Bedroom 2 (Couple’s Suite): Queen Tempurpedic Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: 2 High-End Air Mattresses
Upon arrival, you’ll be amazed by the breathtaking views from this property, nestled on 12 private acres which are surrounded by the Arapaho National Forest. The house was designed by a NASA engineer and is adapted for year-round sunny exposure.
Wildlife viewing from the decks is a regular experience as elk, deer and BigHorn Sheep pass through. Hike the meadow or mountain trails, find a unique native Indian medicine wheel, and discover mining shafts as history come to life from the Colorado Gold Rush days.
Relax in the rustic antique living room, turn on the Smart TV, or just enjoy the majestic panoramic views. In the fully equipped kitchen you can whip up a snack or a home-cooked meal. Many of the household antiques represent local history.
Gather for table fellowship in the dining area where window views display the Continental Divide. If you’re looking for an amazing place to settle down and stargaze, the surroundings provide the perfect setting, there’s nothing like seeing constellations speckled across a clear Colorado sky. And when daylight breaks, take in views that are just as gorgeous as they are at night. The telescope provided will magnify the constellations plus identify the 14,000-foot mountain peaks.
-- THE LOCATION --
The surrounding Arapahoe Forest is known for its off-road trails, hiking, and horseback riding and 4-wheel trails that connect to historic Central City and Black Hawk. Not far from the property is the trailhead to Saint Mary’s Glacier; a stunning lake in the mountains complete with a glacier.
Plenty of quality restaurants are in Idaho Springs, including the popular Tommyknocker Brewery and Beau Jo’s Colorado Style Pizza. To keep your parts moving, try the Cliffside Zip line near Idaho Springs or the several mine tours that give insight into local gold mining history.
To top things off, adjacent to Idaho Springs is a 14-mile ascent on the highest paved road in North America, rising 14,200 feet above sea level to the top of Mount Evans. Check out nearby ski resorts such as Loveland Ski Area, Keystone Resort, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Vail Resort, Breckenridge Resort, Beaver Creek, plus many more.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, expansive decks with mountain views, Smart TV, free WiFi, towels/linens, Smart house amenities such as motion light sensors, washer/dryer, driveway parking for 10 vehicles
- Great Idaho Springs location 5 miles to Idaho Springs, 20 miles to Evergreen, 17 miles to historic Georgetown, minutes from Isle Casino in Hotel Black Hawk, and more!
- Nearest Major Airport: Denver International Airport (~62 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Note: You may be interested to know that this property serves as a respite for healing Combat Veterans when it’s not occupied as a vacation rental. Proceeds from your visits are used to provide a healing hiatus for the men and women who faithfully served our countryGet the full listing »