This fully equipped 3 story townhome has been in our family since this home was built so it's a very special home to us =) It was one of the 1st townhomes built in this area. We used to live in this home, but we now strictly use it as a rental property because we want to share it with you all! Our home is located in East Downtown, Houston (aka EaDo) and is within minutes to many places in the city of Houston. We hope you enjoy your stay!
**THIS HOME WAS NOT AFFECTED BY HURRICANE HARVEY** Thankfully we did not have any issues with flooding or leaks in our home. If you are coming to Houston to help at any of the shelters, aid in rescue efforts, hired as a contractor to help rebuild our city, or if you have been displaced by Harvey, we will allow same day booking - please send us a request to book with more information and we can discuss details.
This 3 story / 2100 sq. ft. townhome is located in a more private area in East Downtown, Houston. Our small community has a cul de sac around the corner, and our townhome faces downtown without any properties obstructing your view. There are 6 physical beds in the home for your use - 2 queen size beds, 2 full size beds, and 2 twin beds (which are the top of the bunk beds in the loft room). Also, there is a full size and twin size air mattress available, which can be used in any of the rooms. PLUS - our big blue couch is a nice place to sleep if needed. Our guests have loved our extra amenities in the home (extra linens, blankets, pillows, snacks, etc.) so we hope you will, too.
This is a great place if you're a large group due to the number of beds and space available for everyone; or if you're a cozy group of 2-3 people that want their own private rooms.
This is not an ideal place to have loud and crazy parties because we want to be respectful to our neighbors. We've had people book our place to have work-related meetings or daytime events (i.e. baby showers). We are ok with these type of get togethers as long as guests follow the house rules.
If you're in town for a convention or need to be somewhere close to all the major inner city happenings, then this is the place for you! We are a quick uber / lyft ride to the GRB Convention Center, Hilton Americas, Marriott Marquis, Discovery Green, Toyota Center, Minute Maid Park, HTX & many more places!
You'll have access to our attached 2 car garage during your stay. The wide streets around our townhome allows for ample parking spaces as well. There isn't another property in front of our home, so you have access to park on both sides of the street. We've had many RV's, buses, trailers, vans, trucks, etc. park in front of our home with NO PROBLEM. Also, there is additional parking on the other side of our home - this is possible since we are located in a cul de sac. **NOTE** not every home in EaDo offers this amount of ample parking spaces. Our home is one of the very few homes in the area with this many parking options!
We have the Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt at the front door. Each guest will be given a personalized code to enter / exit the home during their stay. We also have the Ring Pro Video Doorbell for your added safety.
INTERACTIONS WITH GUESTS:
Free BASIC cable, HBO, & Netflix available in the living room. Bedrooms have TV's with basic channels available. Free WIFI also available throughout the home.
Our check in & check out times are flexible. We cater to a few business travelers, so we know that flights can be delayed or that traffic can be a nuisance. Just let us know what time is convenient for you.
We live in the area so we're readily available if you need assistance. We both have lived in Houston for most of our lives, and we've been in the EaDo area for over 10 years so we can definitely tell you where you should (& shouldn't) go during your stay. We know you'll love Houston as much as we do!
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) — the largest medical complex in the world - is only 10 minutes away.
You have easy access to Houston's world renowned parks & museums. Its also within close proximity to many colleges in the city, including Rice University, University of Houston (UH), University of Houston - Downtown (UHD), Texas Southern University, and the University of St. Thomas.
The Galleria, Texas' largest shopping center, is a 15-20 minute drive. You can also enjoy outdoor shopping at the Village Arcade or Highland Village.
You are also in proximity to Houston's nightlife. Eado is home to Warehouse Live, 8th Wonder Brewery, The Secret Group, Arlo's Ballroom, Little Woodrows, & more. House of Blues, Midtown, Downtown, Museum District, Washington Corridor, & the Montrose area are a $5 - $8 Uber ride away.
Take a bike ride to Discovery Green, which is only a few blocks away. You can drive there as well and park around the area.
If you want to sneak in a workout, the YMCA is a 5 minute drive away. It's a 5 story gym with group exercises available, as well as an indoor track. You can get a 1 day pass at your convenience. There is also EaDo Crossfit & Yoga available in the area for a nominal fee.
There are many more things to talk about when it comes to the Houston area, so let us know what you're interested in and we'll help you have a great stay here!
Easy access to I-45, I-69 (HWY 59), I-10, I-610, HWY 288, Hardy Toll Road & Allen Parkway.
METRO Light Rail distance to:
- TDECU Stadium (home of the UH Cougers)
- BBVA Compass Stadium
- Texas Medical Center
- Hermann Park + Golf Course
- Memorial Park
- The Houston Zoo
- The Museum of Fine Arts (MFAH)
- & to many more places!
Green Link is a free bus around the downtown area. There are two routes: Green (Monday-Friday) and Orange (Thursday-Sunday).
Uber rides are readily available at your convenience.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
The EaDo area used to be Houston's old warehouse district, so you'll see some warehouse businesses still in use; hence the wide streets around the area! There is no zoning in Houston, so you'll also see a variety of commercial and residential places. The area has grown quite a bit over the years, but there are still small pockets of very old homes that have been here for generations.
This area is well known for its artistry. You'll see a variety of artists who have painted murals throughout the area. Many people come to EaDo to take pictures, so join in on the fun! The murals change periodically so make sure to snag a pic before you leave.
There is a nearby train so there are times when you'll hear it pass by in the middle of the night. We've lived in the area for years so we're used to it, but we wanted to let you know about it before you decide to book our place. It's not very loud and you don't hear it every night - just every now and then. If you're a light sleeper, please take this into consideration.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
Our House Rules are pretty simple: Please respect our property and have common sense. We never thought we had to state this until we encountered one of our guests, who didn't understand this basic concept. To break it down even further:
1. TRASH - Please put your trash in the trash can. This includes all food items, drinks, clothing tags, gum wrappers, etc. We understand if little trash is found in the kitchen, but if we find trash and personal items in every square inch possible throughout the house, it really disappoints us.
2. FURNITURE - We want you to make room for all of your guests, so we don't have a problem if you move the furniture around. Please put them back where they belong before you check out. Be careful, though - don't scratch or dent the walls or any of the furniture.
3. ITEMS - Please bring all your items home with you. Don't leave extra socks, underwear, towels, clothing items, costumes, paraphernalia, etc. Also, please don't use our towels to wipe off any excess bodily fluids, including poop; we will have to discard any towels that have these type of stains. Each bathroom has toilet paper for your use in this incident. Also, if you happen to step in dog feces outside, there are 2 hose connectors outside of the home (1 by the front door, the other by the garage).
4. PARKING - If you feel eerie about parking outside when its dark, then park in the attached garage. Again, our place is in an old warehouse district so you will see a mix-use type of environment. It's part of living in the city =) Our garage comfortably fits 2 cars (plus, it has a new Epoxy coating that looks pretty cool).
5. HONESTY - Please be honest as to how many people will be staying at our home. We want to make sure we have additional items available if needed during your stay if you have a larger group. Also, It is a safety hazard to have more than the allowed number of guests at our home - in case of an emergency, we want you all to be able to escape the house in a safe manner. Although this has never happened in the 12 years we've owned this home, you can never overthink safety.
6. BE NICE - We love our neighbors! Say "hi" if you see them =) Watch your noise level at night if you're hanging out on the balcony. The house is pretty well insulated but we are connected to another townhome on one side of the home. Also, please don't do anything to harm yourself or anyone else during your stay. The police station is located a few blocks away and we don't want any visits from them during your stay!
*NOTE: We give everyone benefit of the doubt that our guests are awesome and respectful people who were brought up with manners. We don't expect our home to be immaculate when our guests leave, but we do expect everyone to be adults and be respectful to our property. If guests want to have a party and trash the place that they're staying in, I'm advocating for all VRBO / HomeAway hosts and highly recommending to not staying at any of our properties.Get the full listing »