Come and relax in this beautifully remodeled vacation home with shared frontage on all-sports Big Platte Lake. Sit back and enjoy gorgeous lake views from the great room, bedroom, large deck, fire pit or dock. This rental features 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. It offers every comfort & convenience of home. Cozy-up in front of the stone surround gas fireplace, in the vaulted living room sporting beautiful Pergo floors. There is a clothes washer/dryer and a dishwasher making your day-to-day easier.
Refuel in this great location on the quiet part of the lake with easy access to the Upper Platte River for fall salmon fishing. Enjoy kayaking or tubing the Lower Platte River and letting the current take you to Lake Michigan. This home is located near Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore named Good Morning America's "Most Beautiful Place In America" in 2011 with the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive and the rigorous dune climb at Sleeping Bear Dunes. You are not far from Lake Michigan's beaches & hiking trails. You are also close to Crystal Mountain for golfing. Enjoy exploring the antique shops, craft shops and restaurants in the villages of Frankfort, Beulah, Empire, and Glen Arbor!
Visit the Little River Casino (30 minutes south), explore downtown Traverse City and it's annual Cherry Festival on July 4th (40 minutes east), and the Cherry Bowl Drive-in for a one-of-a-kind 50’s-style drive-in just three miles down the road!
This quiet get-away is within your reach. Enjoy a favorite author on the quiet lakeshore or on the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan. Make time for Petoskey rock searches, birdwatching, games and a campfire with the family. Be amazed at the meteor showers in the dark of the "up north" over the lake. Listen for the call of the loons at dusk and the cry of the eagles during the day. These are the moments that memories are made of!
· 3 bedrooms, 1.75 baths, sleeps 7
· Large living space - family room, kitchen, dining room
· Large deck for outdoor enjoyment
· Campfire pit
· Internet Wifi (password on sticker on table next to router)
· Cable TV
· Big Platte Lake waterfront
***Bring your own linens (sheets & bath & beach towels).***
Each bed comes with a bed spread, blanket(s), & a pillow.
4 twin beds
1 queen bed
1 twin roll away
***Don't forget your boat, kayaks, life vests, paddles, tubes & bikes.***
· Hiking, biking, backpacking - Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
· Golf courses – Crystal Lake, Arcadia, Sugar Loaf, Mistwood
· Casinos – Little River, Leelanau Sands, Turtle Creek
· Kayak/Canoe – The Trading Post, Riverside Canoes
· Theatre - The Cherry Bowl Drive-in, Garden Theatre (Frankfort), State Theatre (Traverse City)
· Fishing & Boating – Little/Big Platte Lakes, Crystal Lake, Glen Lake, Lake Michigan
· Village Shopping & Dining – Frankfort, Beulah, Empire, Glen Arbor
· Festivals – Downtown Traverse City, Interlochen Center for the ArtGet the full listing »