Indulge in a relaxing lake retreat when you stay at 'Lakewood Lodge,' a tranquil 2-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental Claytor Lake cabin. Enjoy room for 6 guests, an outdoor fire pit, covered porch, and a great location near popular attractions. You’ll have access to a personal dock 5 minutes from the property so you can fish to your heart's content or dock your own boat! On-site certified massage therapists are also available by appointment - ask about discounts for Lakewood Getaways travelers!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom (Honeymoon Suite): Queen Bed | Bedroom 2 (Second Level Suite): Queen Bed with Twin Trundle Bed
You'll fall in love with the picturesque landscape surrounding the home, which consists of a stunning gold fish pond and gazebo in addition to vast amounts of lush foliage and rural terrain. Admire the traditional log cabin architecture and a spacious deck perfect for entering relaxation mode.
'Lakewood Lodge' boasts 1,200 square feet of living space and is adorned with an eclectic mix of Early Americana decor that adds a touch of home to your restful escape. Adding to the comfort of your stay are practical amenities such as air conditioning, washer and dryer, and complimentary wireless internet access.
Days enjoying downtime at the home will quickly become your relaxation outlet of choice. Make your way to the sizable front porch to catch a glimpse of the lake glimmering through the trees in the distance - a calming way to greet the day.
Add to the at-home ambiance by preparing your family's favorite recipe in the fully equipped kitchen. After dinner, meander out to the outdoor fire pit for a night of roasted marshmallows and quality time under a blanket of stars.
When you're ready to call it a night, let the soothing warmth of the honeymoon suite's heated jacuzzi-style tub melt away all your stress and provide a romantic experience for you and your significant other.
-- THE LOCATION --
In addition to being the perfect home-away-from-home accommodation, 'Lakewood Lodge' also provides convenient access to an endless list of activities and attractions in the area. A fun-filled day of boating, swimming, or fishing from the shores of Claytor Lake is just a short walk away.
If you're in the mood to explore, a 2-person canoe and 2 kayaks are available for use with an additional fee. Other outdoor activities include hiking and biking through New River Valley State Park, horseback riding, or playing golf at one of the several courses just 20 minutes away.
Randolph Park provides plenty of entertainment, with a children's water park, swimming pool, and frisbee golf course. Spend your day learning about the local culture at Ratcliff Transportation Museum and Train Station, or take in a baseball game featuring the local team, the Pulaski Yankees, a minor league team for the New York Yankees playing in the Appalachian Baseball League.
Attend an event at Radford University, a mere 20 minutes from the home, or Virginia Tech, a quick 45-minute drive away, followed by a delicious meal at restaurants like Jackson Park Inn, or popular wineries such as White Barrel and Chateau Morrisette.
Make plans to spend a memorable night enjoying dinner and live music at the Blue Door Cafe or an award winning dinner and show at Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theater.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, furnished deck, covered front porch, 3 cable TVs, free WiFi, DVD player, Jacuzzi tub, outdoor fire pit, goldfish pond, gazebo, in-unit laundry machines, and more
- This property shares the 3,000-square-foot double-decker dock with one other property - the 'Lakeview House' (Evolve listing number 312403). It is located at the manager's property, less than a 5-minute walk away. Fishing and boating activities are allowed here. The dock is a shared, privately-owned dock with separate gathering areas - it is not a community dock.
- Convenient Hiwassee location - just minutes from the lake, dining, and more
- Certified massage therapists on site by appointment. Discounts for Lakewood Getaways travelers!
- Therapeutic massage package available to all guests (pay on site)
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Roanoke Regional Airport - 5202 Aviation Dr NW, Roanoke, VA 24012, (~51 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet-friendly with $50 fee (max 2 allowed, dogs only)
- No parties or large gatherings
- Note that 6 guests can sleep comfortably in the bedrooms and on the air mattress, but the addition of 1 child on the couch is permitted (please inquire with Evolve)
- Canoe and kayaks are available starting May
- Events consider with prior owner approval and additional fee
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Boat docks are 'Alcohol-Free' zones
- Photo I.D. may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »