Retreat to the quiet of Hillsville, Virginia when you stay at ‘Groundhog Mountain Chalet.’ This lovely vacation rental condo has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and sleeps 4 people. Relax in the hot tub and admire the beautiful rolling hills. Immerse yourself in Appalachian history by exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway and Mabry Mill, discover a new appreciation for nature at Devil's Den Nature Preserve, and sip one-of-a-kind wine at Chateau Morrisette before heading back to this cozy condo!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: King Bed
After a day spent out in Fancy Gap, return home to the cozy ‘Groundhog Mountain Chalet.’ Settle onto the couch and watch a show or movie on the flat-screen satellite TV, or admire the stunning views from the wall-to-wall windows in the living area.
Start preparing dinner in the well-equipped kitchen as evening arrives. The stainless steel appliances will help you create a restaurant-worthy spread! Enjoy your meal at the round dining table.
Once dinner is done and the dishes are cleaned, take a quiet stroll around the neighborhood or down to the tennis and basketball courts. Head back home, hop into your swimsuit, and enjoy the hot tub.
As your evening starts to come to a close, retire to your bedroom. Shower off in the en-suite bathroom before you crawl into bed. Drift happily off to sleep knowing that you're in for another relaxing and peaceful day tomorrow!
-- THE LOCATION --
Less than 30 minutes away lies Chateau Morrisette Winery and Restaurant. Enjoy the rustic elegance of the restaurant, take part in one of their special events, savor the views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and sip some wine in front of the fireplace or out on the terrace.
In 20 minutes time, you'll find yourself at Meadows of Dan, home to Mabry Mill and one of the most iconic structures on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Experience live milling demonstrations and explore the nearby Matthew's Cabin as you learn more about traditional Appalachian crafts. Make a stop at the Mabry Mill Restaurant & Gift Shop, too!
Head over to Fancy Gap and the Devil's Den Nature Preserve, less than 20 minutes away! Embark on numerous trails across the property including one that follows the historic Good Spur Road. Explore Devil's Den cave or simply savor the beauty of the area!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, free WiFi, air conditioning, central heating, complimentary toiletries, flat-screen satellite TV, new vinyl flooring, hot tub, furnished deck with beautiful views, linens, towels, trash bags, and paper towels,, tennis and basketball courts on property, parking for at least 2 vehicles in front of condo, and more
- Picturesque Hillsville location less than 30 minutes from Chateau Morrisette Winery and Restaurant, 20 minutes from Meadows of Dan and Mabry Mill, less than 20 minutes from Fancy Gap and Devil's Den Nature Preserve
- Nearest Major Airport: Piedmont Triad International Airport (~75 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note cell phone reception is spotty
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »