Nestled between two mountains in the Black Hills National Forest, this 1944 log cabin not only removes you from the hustle and bustle of the city but transports you back in time - when life was lived in a slower fashion! Inside, you'll find 1 bathroom, room for 2, and all of the comforts of home - offering the perfect couples getaway. Savor the vacation rental's peaceful forest location, while still enjoying easy access to Hill City, Mt. Rushmore, Sturgis, local wineries and so much more.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: King Bed
It's hard to not feel at home within this quaint cabin's cozy interior! Flip on the gas fireplace and settle right into your next Black Hills retreat.
Rustic decor, thoughtful touches, and natural light create a comfortable space that you'll love returning to daily. With a well-equipped kitchen, boasting ample counter space, you’ll have the freedom to choose between dining in one of Hill City’s well-known restaurants or creating your own home-cooked delights.
Don't forget to utilize the gas grill, located on the covered deck. While dinner cooks to perfection, sit back and relax with your favorite drink in hand - watching the local deer quietly nibble the grass.
Ease into a calm night with a shower in the full bathroom, stocked with fresh towels. You won't be using the outhouse located on the edge of the property while staying in this snug cabin! Afterward, wrap up in the queen bed's comforter before falling into a peaceful night's sleep.
-- THE LOCATION --
Surrounded by pine, spruce, and aspen trees, this cabin boasts a private location - perfect for those seeking a relaxing getaway - while still being close to the attractions of Hill City, the Black Hill's second oldest town. Just 15 minutes away, you'll find shops, like TurtleTown and Dakota Nature & Art, attractions such as Black Hills Institute Museum and Black Hills Central Railroad, and excellent restaurants, including Chute Rooster Steakhouse and Desperados - great for those nights when you don't feel like cooking.
For outdoor pursuits, head to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, or Custer State Park - all located just a short drive away. Even closer, Mickleson Trail is only a few miles away, while Needles Highway and Sylvan Lake are a 15-minute drive away.
Just an hour and a half north, you'll find snowy adventures at Terry Peak Ski Area and Mystic Miner Ski Resort. Finish the ski day with a meal in Deadwood at one of the town's casinos or saloons like historic Saloon No. 10 and Gem Steakhouse.
Come August, hop on your motorcycle and head north to Sturgis for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, only a scenic hour ride away! Enjoy everything from concerts to street food vendors, along with the annual mayor's ride. You'll love sharing this experience with over 500,000 other motorcycle enthusiasts!
Additional attractions include Devils Tower, Black Hills National Forest, and wineries such as Prairie Berry Winery and Naked Winery. There's truly something for everyone here!
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that?s on your mind. It?s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, gas grill, furnished deck, picnic table, gas fireplace fresh linens and towels, 3 driveway parking spots, and so much more
- Private Hill City location with an ideal proximity to the town's attractions, minutes from Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial, and only an hour from Sturgis!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Rapid City Regional Airport - 4550 Terminal Rd, Rapid City, SD 57703, (~ 50 miles away)
On-Site Event Information:
- Maximum number of people: 150
- Event fee: Yes
- Outside services/vendors: Allowed, with approval of vendor
- Event parking: On the property
- Alcohol policies: Allowed, with additional event insurance
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Dog friendly with $100 per stay fee (Max 2 Allowed)
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »