*NOTE: The owner lives on site, in the top 2 units, with some shared outdoor amenities*
Bring your horses, bikes, or 4-wheelers to the 'Diamond K Bunkhouse,' a 1,200-square-foot 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental home in Hermosa. Boasting gorgeous views and access to South Dakota's most acclaimed outdoor attractions, this handicap accessible home is perfect for those seeking a combination of secluded relaxation and adventures in nature! Drive 1 hour to Sturgis for the famous Motorcycle Rally!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1 (Top Hand): Queen Bed | Bedroom 2 (Ramrod): King Bed | Additional Sleeping: Single Raised Air Mattress, Queen Raised Air Mattress, Rollaway Bed
As you arrive at this horse-friendly home, you'll fall in love with the lush 5-acre property. With beautiful rock walls, lots of trees, 2 large box stalls, and 3 pastures, both you and your horse will feel right at home.
When you need a break from the sun, retreat into the 10-year-old home and watch whitetail and mule deer, wild turkeys, rabbits, and coyotes that often visit the yard. From the comfort of the great room, with a leather sectional with 3 reclining chairs and a reclining chaise lounge, your group can enjoy your Netflix favorites on the 55-inch, full rotation, flat-screen satellite TV with streaming - that can be seen from anywhere in the room!
The well-equipped kitchen has everything you'll need to 'wow' your friends with your culinary creations. No matter what you choose to prepare, the hot plates, large island, toaster oven, large side-by-side freezer and refrigerator with ice cube maker and water dispenser, and other countertops appliances will make the cooking process fun and easy.
Once you've finished your feast at the 8-foot picnic table made of composite polymer materials, rinse off the day in the handicap accessible bathroom complete with grab bars, a hand-held shower head and overhead shower rain head, elongated handicapped height toilet, with available handrails and hands-free flushing.
An additional handicap-friendly amenity is the handicapped recliner/lift chair with heat and vibration, that can lift a person into a standing position - found in the Top Hand bedroom. There is also a handicapped walker available on the premises.
Not quite ready for bed? Spend some time on the patio, complete with outdoor lighting, and relax under the star-speckled sky. Whether you choose to gather around the fire pit with the homeowners, learn how to rope a roping dummy, or simply play with the purebred Welsh Corgis that live on the property, you're sure to make memories that you'll cherish forever.
Both of the home's bedrooms offer flat-screen satellite TVs and 3-zone, double-chambered air beds, making it easy to customize your sleeping experience. If you're looking for an added level of personalization, claim the home's electric, adjustable queen bed with variable vibration and an under-bed night light.
-- THE LOCATION --
Located 5 miles from Custer State Park, this property is an outdoorsman's paradise. As you hike, fish, ride horseback, snowmobile, four-wheel drive or hunt in this beautiful wilderness, you're sure to see Buffalo, Elk, Antelope, Mountain Goats, and Big Horn Sheep. Be sure to visit during the last Friday in September to attend the world-renowned Buffalo Roundup - one of the largest tour bus destinations in the country!
Motorcycle enthusiasts can bring along their bike and drive just about an hour to attend the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, held annually around the first week of August. This property boasts lots of land for you to park your bike and it even has an area where you can clean them!
South Dakota's most famous landmarks, Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial, are located just 12 miles down the road. Not only are these attractions beautiful, but they offer a unique look into the history of the area.
Starting to crave the city? Take a short 20-mile trip to Rapid City and experience all of the delicious restaurants and fun family attractions that this quaint city has to offer.
Rodeo, the state sport of South Dakota, is something all visitors of the area should experience. With several rodeos in the area such as the Black Hills Stock Show & Rodeo, Days of 76 Rodeo in Deadwood, Black Hills Roundup Rodeo in Belle Fourche, and Crazy Horse Rodeo sponsored by the Monument and Hart Ranch Rodeos, the fun never stops! Reach out to the property owners for some rodeo tips - they are a seasoned rodeo family!
For even more outdoor adventure, be sure to check out the area's many golf courses, reptile gardens, and other high-octane attractions like helicopter and hot air balloon rides. Local favorite attractions also include the Jewel Cave National Monument, Wind Cave National Park, and Bear Country.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, 3 flat-screen satellite TVs, a fire pit, gas grill, outdoor swing, furnished patio, horse stables, free WiFi, in-unit laundry machines (front load Samsung steam washer and dryer), bedroom closets, pantry, and storage areas, alarm clocks with USB ports, in-floor heating controlled with the thermostat, central air conditioning, linens and towels provided, picnic table and umbrella, gas grill, shaded yard areas and camp fire pit, six port usb hub available in the great room, privacy curtains and blinds on all windows, handicap chair with heat and vibration, handicapped walker, USPS and UPS shipping on site
- First aid kits made by the homeowners, that can be used for horses as well as companion animals, manufactured on site by EquiMedics USA and PetMedic
- Driveway parking for up to 4 vehicles, with additional parking for motorcycles, boats, campers, snowmobiles, RVs, etc available in the pasture!
- Check available dates to attend the 2020 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally!
- Unbeatable Hermosa location - Nestled on 5 lush acres, 5 miles from Custer State Park, 20 miles from Rapid City, 1 hour from Sturgis, and within minutes of several unique attractions like rodeos, golf courses, national monuments, parks, forests, and more!
- Closest Commercial Airport (~30 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed. The property is a breeding facility, so this rule is strictly enforced
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in the top 2 units, with some shared outdoor amenities
- Please note that the homeowners raise pure-bred Welsh Corgis so dogs may be present during your stay
- Horses are permitted on the property for an additional fee
- Please note the property is not suitable for children under 6; there are hazardous, tall rock walls on the property
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »