Welcome to 1892! This unique farmhouse has been lovingly updated throughout the years, but still retains its charm! Located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the house sits on a working farm, and is easily accessible from I-81. It is close to attractions unique to the Valley, including the Blue Ridge Parkway & Skyline Drive (30 minutes), Luray Caverns (30 minutes), Endless Caverns (15 minutes), New Market Battlefield (10 minutes), the Shenandoah River, Bryce Resort (35 minutes),and Massanutten Resort & Waterpark (25 minutes). It's also close to area institutions, including James Madison University, Eastern Mennonite University, and Bridgewater College. For the outdoor adventurer, there are plenty of excursions, including trails and hikes, water adventures, and local golf courses. Located just 10 minutes north of Harrisonburg, and 7 minutes South of the historic town of New Market - you're only minutes away from shopping and dining as well!
As the farm comes alive in the morning, you can enjoy the sound of roosters crowing and cows calling to their calves. You'll also be able to see members of our farm family getting to work, day in and day out. We're happy to share a glimpse of our farm with you, however, we ask that you respect the animals, land, and equipment around you. Your rental includes the farmhouse and the grassy area surrounding it within the driveway.
Your stay in the farmhouse will include the following:
- 1 full bath with a shower/bathtub (it's original 1892 purpose was as a root cellar!)
- A full kitchen, including a refrigerator, microwave, stove, single-serve and 12-cup coffee maker, utensils, 8 place settings, and limited cooking items (pots, pans, dishes, etc.)
- A full size washer/dryer
- 4 bedrooms with the following beds (1 twin, 1 full, 2 queens)
- Cable TV (1 32" TV in the living room)
- Wireless internet
- Fully stocked linens and towels
- Front, side, and back porches for relaxing
- Playground area with swings and a slide
- Recreation area around the back deck with a charcoal grill
The property is fully cleaned between each guest use, including washing linens and towels. No smoking in or around the farmhouse, please. No pets allowed. (Fees will be assessed for both smoking and pets.) This house is NOT handicap accessible.
Check out time is 12:00 PM
Check in time is 3:00pm
From our farm family to you, we welcome you to the farmhouse. We look forward to your stay with us!Get the full listing »