ED Refnr. 2350826
Impeccably designed to offer truly indulgent holiday experience, the 'disCRETE VILLA Amnatos' is among Crete's most prestigious residences. Endowed with an elevated location on a hilltop offering panoramic sea views, this opulent villa with six en suite bedrooms, private sauna and a heated pool, is perfectly suited to a group of family/friends in search of luxurious private retreat. The Venetian town of Rethymno with its long sandy beach and gourmet restaurants is only 10-minute drive away.
A spacious open plan area welcomes you with large sofas, a fireplace, a 65” smart LED with Netflix, an indoor dining area and a fully-equipped gourmet kitchen with top quality fixtures and appliances. From the kitchen you will be able to access the outdoor heated pool with jacuzzi and the BBQ pavilion to the north and an outdoor dining table located on the kitchen’s veranda to the east. Furthermore, a private sauna, WC and an en-suite bedroom 1 with king-size bed are also found on the same floor.
Walk down stairs from the kitchen to the mezzanine area where you will find an en-suite bedroom 2 with bunk bed and a utility area. Open the large iron doors to the east where state of the art acoustic wine cellar awaits you to spend quality time together with your family/friends.
Take the elevator to reach the first floor where a spacious and elegant second lounge awaits you with large sofas, armchairs, a fireplace and a bar. The lounge looks out to the pool area and offers exceptional views of the Sea of Crete through floor-to-ceiling glazing. This floor also hosts an en-suite bedroom 3 with king-size bed, an office space with library and a WC.
The second floor can be reached through the staircase or the elevator and it has two en suite bedrooms including the master bedroom with a king size bed, bathroom with a bathtub, 38” smart LED with Netflix, closet room, fireplace and a sitting area.
The third floor has the sixth en-suite bedroom and a spacious private terrace offering 360º panoramic views overlooking the sea and the surrounding mountains.
The beautifully landscaped outdoor area surrounded by various trees and flowers offers a variety of facilities and spots for relaxation.
Outdoor facilities include:
- 90 sqm heated swimming pool for all seasons
- Hot tub for 4 persons
- Fully-equipped charcoal barbecue pavilion with a wood oven and a sink
- Two large outdoor dining tables
- A variety of furnished spots (with sun beds, umbrellas, sitting areas with sofas and armchairs) for relaxing in the veranda and the gardens around the villa
- Vegetable garden
- Private church
- Security room
What is included?
- Complimentary Welcome Basket consisting necessities such as milk, water, etc. to get you started.
- Complimentary free Wi-Fi coverage throughout the villa.
- Twice-a-week housekeeping with towels and linen change (Saturday & Tuesday).
- Twice-a-week pool and garden attendance (Saturday & Tuesday)
- Central air-conditioning & central heating
- All latest electronics including a dishwasher, smart LED with Netflix, large fridge with freezer, electric stove, kettle, toaster, cooking utensils, coffee maker, food processor, juice maker, washing machine, microwave, vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board.
- Free parking space inside the Villa premises.
You will have exclusivity over the entire property and all its facilities. There are no shared areas!
Interaction with guests
Prior to your arrival we will send you a detailed email with information on our contact details, how to get to the villa and the check-in process. We will discreetly remain in touch with you using technology during your entire stay in order to offer you a completely hassle-free experience as well as share with you vital information on Crete that can make real difference to your holiday.
The village of Amnatos has a unique position on a hill with panoramic views of Rethymno and the Sea of Crete and a rich vegetation that has fascinated people since ancient times. Findings on inscription indicate the name of the place "AMNatos, and the assumption of some researchers that at precisely this area there was the ancient city named ‘Tripod’. Undoubtedly the area reached its zenith during the Venetian period when it was referred to as ‘Amnato’.
The village is closely associated with the holocaust of Arkadi and lost of a lot of its inhabitants in that tragic one hour. Among them, the heroine Hariklia Daskalakis or Daskalocharikleia with her three sons. To honour her and all the fallen ‘Amnatsanon’, the villagers have erected a monument in the center of the village.
In Amnatos you can visit folklore museum under the supervision of local cultural society and the ‘Museum of History of Greek Education’.
The entire route to the village is a tour of the flora and fauna of Crete, as it passes through a lush landscape with ravines filled oaks, oaks, cypresses, olive trees, carob trees and vegetable gardens. For fans of the species are entire forested slopes of fragrant shrubs, myrtle, laurel, thyme, oregano and sage to the sovereign.
Nearest beach: 6 kms (Stavromenos)
Nearest bar/cafe/taverna: 500 meters (Taverna Kapilio)
Nearest grocery store: 3 kms (Asteri)
Nearest historic monument: 3.5 kms (Arkadi monastery)
Nearest town: 8 kms (Rethymno)
Nearest airport: 77 kms (Heraklion International airport)
- Electricity: per object and day included in price .
- Sauna: per object and day included in price .
- Internet: per object and day included in price .
- Visitor's tax: included in price .
- Climatisation / Ventilators: included in price .
- Parking facilities: per object and day included in price .
- Fuel for chimney/fireplace: per object and day included in price .
- Final cleaning: per object and day included in price .
- Towels: per object and day available and included in price (Mandatory).
- Bed linen: per object and day available and included in price (Mandatory).
- Property area: 2000 m²
- Enclosed with a hedge, a wall or a fence
- Number of kitchens: 1
- Number of living rooms: 2
- Number of toilets: 2
- Distance to next shopping facilities: 0.50 km
- Distance to town (Rethymno): 9 kmGet the full listing »