A little outside Volos, at the foot of Centaur Mountain, you come across a lovely, charming, and above all, peaceful little village: Ano Gatzea.
Just two kilometers from the seaside fishing village of Kato Gatzea are a few houses scattered across the mountainside, a church, a tavern, the Olive Museum, and the Old Station. This is Ano Gatzea.
In the olive orchard beside the church, a house from a previous century was brooding in silence, steeped in memories, waiting to be filled again with sounds, colors, images and emotions.
In 2007, it came into the hands of the younger members of the family that had owned it for all of a century. Amalia and Antigone fell in love with this house and its surroundings, and with zest and zeal they decided to bring the house back to life, while retaining its character and charm.
Gradually, it turned into a retreat for family vacations and a starting point for group excursions. Friends could relax, children could build memories of summer holidays, and the two women themselves had found a refuge, a place to escape from the crazy commotion of Athens.
Realizing their friends’ enthusiasm and the children’s delight, they felt they should share it with others. Thus came the idea of renting. This house should not remain empty on days that none of their family or friends were able to visit.
They christened it “Villa Amanti” from the first few letters of their names. Amanti, which in Italian means lovers: lovers of the past, the present, of life, of joy and happiness…
And they offer it to you, for your own unforgettable moments.
Whether you are a couple, a company of friends, a group, or a family with children, this is the ideal place, because the feeling you are left with after a few days in the house is that “there is plenty of room for everyone, with no overcrowding.”
Moments that people have experienced in the house and have become indelibly etched on their memory could become your own memories too:
Reading by the morning light on the balcony; cooking together in the kitchen; yoga on the lawn in the lower courtyard; endless conversations and Scrabble matches with good wine in front of the fireplace; dancing under the stars in the moonlight; feasts with guitars around the garden table, with the barbecue aglow and your hearts floating free.
All will find their own little nook.
How can you say no:
• to a traditional house, by both sea and mountain, remote but at the same time so close to Volos, from where you can set off to the picturesque villages of Pelion and their magical beaches, to the ski center, or the nearby islands?
• to a comfortable house, where you can go with your entire company, all year round, and do nothing but chat, play, and cook with your friends?
• to a charming house, for spending a romantic weekend, with endless relaxation and walks to the traditional taverns?
• to a beautiful house, for family vacations, where you can enjoy your coffee on the balcony without worrying about the children, while they play safely in the playground or have fun with the various board games that come with the house?
“We set the scene. Bring your cast and live your own script”
The house is fully equipped to cover all your daily needs:
A fully equipped kitchen, with fridge, gas hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, water boiler, toaster, coffee machine, mixer.
Full table service for 12 people and all the necessary cooking implements (saucepans, pressure cooker, frying pans, etc.)
Traditional ingredients for your breakfast and snacks: home-made jams, coffee, tea and herbs, honey, oil, and tomato sauce, all natural products of the region.
Three bathrooms with showers, hairdryer, and a welcome pack of fragrant care products by APIVITA, made from natural pure ingredients.
Washing machine, iron and ironing board.
Radiators in all rooms, air conditioning in all bedrooms.
Wood for the fire.
Children’s stroller (pushchair) and playpen (by agreement).
Children’s playground with swings, slide, and trampoline.
WiFi, color TVs in all rooms, DVD player in the children’s room and main sitting room, satellite link on the main TV, mini stereo.
Variety of CD's and DVDs.
Umbrellas for the rainy days.
• Ano Gatzea, Magnesia, 17.5 km from the city of Volos, where among other things you will find a bus station, a train station, a harbor, and a hospital.
• Closest airport: Nea Anchialos (42 km, 55 min).
• Two minutes from the main road, where there is a bakery and a mini market.
• The closest gas (petrol) station is 2.5 km away and the nearest ATM is 10 km away.
The house is cleaned and the sheets and towels are changed once per week.
Spare bedding and towels are available if you wish to change them more often.
Services available for extra charge:
• More frequent house cleaning.
• Preparation of lunches or dinners with local products.
• Dry cleaning services.
• Guides – organization of excursions
• Transportation to and from Volos.
• Transportation to and from Nea Anchialos airport (Volos).
We recommend that you arrange your own means of transport for getting about.
Smoking is permitted in the common areas of the house.
Pets are allowed under certain conditions by agreement.
Not recommended for people with limited mobility.Get the full listing »