Nestled within the acres of Cretan olive groves, ‘Villa Arete’ is a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom luxury villa featuring a furnished outdoor BBQ area overlooking the private swimming pool. Neatly placed in the middle of the plot surrounded by the Oleander bushes, 'Villa Arete' offers plenty of wide open spaces and absolute privacy for you to spend some quality time together with your family/friends. The long sandy beach of Pigianos Kambos is only 4-minute drive away from the villa.
- Villa Arete is a one-storey, tile-floored villa consisting of a living space of about 100 square meters (1000 square feet).
- Upon entering the villa through the porch, you will find a large open-plan area with cosy living room with fireplace and a fully-equipped kitchen adjacent to the dining area. The washing machine can be found in the utility room next to the lounge.
- Bedroom 1 boasts of an en-suite bathroom with a bath tub, a king-size bed and a large fitted wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2 features 2 single beds and a fitted wardrobe.
- Villa Arete is set within the olive groves of Pigi village and hence features aesthetically placed olive trees on all sides of the villa. Please feel free to take a stroll around the garden and feel the majesty of this eternal Cretan icon.
- In the immediate vicinity of the villa you will find a well-kept, Oleander-fenced private garden offering absolute privacy where you will be able to spend some quality time together with your family and friends.
- The swimming pool pump is stored within the external storage cabin in order to keep the pump noise to absolute minimum.
- Several shrubs, flowers, fruits & vegetables plants and trees have been planted in the garden to restore the natural environment and create a typical and colourful Cretan landscape.
What is included?
- Complimentary Welcome Basket consisting necessities such as milk, water, etc. to get you started.
- Complimentary free Wi-Fi coverage throughout the villa.
- Twice-a-week housekeeping with towels and linen change.
- Twice-a-week pool and garden attendance.
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms.
- All latest electronics including a dishwasher, smart LED TV with Netflix, separate fridge and a freezer, 4-hob electric stove, kettle, toaster, cooking utensils, coffee maker, food processor, juice maker, washing machine, microwave, vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board.
- Free parking space inside the Villa premises for several cars.
- Baby cot and high chair available upon request.
Prior to your arrival we will send you a detailed email with information on our contact details, how to get to the villa and the check-in process. We will discreetly remain in touch with you using technology during your entire stay in order to offer you a completely hassle-free experience as well as share with you vital information on Crete that can make real difference to your holiday.
Other things to note
Due to our villa's location in the Pigi village, it is not a must for you to have a car as the nearby supermarkets, tavernas and cafes are only 10-minute walk away. However, we would recommend you to hire a car if you wish to explore Crete.
The villa is located in the small village of ‘Pigi’, which means 'Source'. The village got its name from a source where a lot of water came out that was here centuries ago. Pigi is just above the village of Adele on the road to Arkadi monastery. It lies in a fertile area with many olive groves. The distance to the beach is about three kilometers (Pigianos Kampos). In Pigianos Kampos there are several beachfront bars & tavernas. The village is dotted with several churches, some of which were built in the period between the 11th and 15th centuries. Close to Pigi there have been many important archaeological finds. The village has a nice square with kafeneions, tavernas, a bakery and a mini-market.
The slow-moving, romantic town of Rethymno that still preserves much of its Venetian and Turkish appearance is only 7 kms away. From gourmet to traditional, Rethymno offers more than 200 eateries to choose from and also has a very active nightlife with its sea-front cocktail bars open till late in the evening.
Nearest beach: 3 kilometers (‘Pigianos Kambos)
Nearest bar/cafe/taverna: 400 meters (‘Zorba’s’)
Nearest supermarket: 400 meters (‘Bakaliko’)
Nearest town: 7 kilometers (‘Rethymno’)
Nearest airport: 75 kilometers (‘Chania’)
Nearest port: 65 kilometers (‘Souda, Chania’)Get the full listing »