This is a modern and newly built house with one large bedroom, a living room & bathroom and is surrounded by a beautiful terrace. There is a fully equipped kitchen, washer and wifi. The house is situated in a peaceful village close to the famous beaches of Southern Crete such as Moni Prevelis, Triopetra and Agio Pavlos. It is perfect for your hassle free short or longer stays in the greater area of Rethymno.
This is a cozy modern house offering absolute relaxation and able to accommodate up to 5 people in 65m2 of interior space, balcony and large outdoor terrace. The house is situated in a peaceful village half an hour away from numerous beaches and few km away from many local sights and traditional villages.
There is one large bedroom with one double bed and one single. There is a bathroom with bathtub and a fully equipped kitchen. The living room and the bedroom are air conditioned.
Natural light bathes all interior spaces and beautiful views of the nearby area can be enjoyed from the terraces. It is decorated in colorful and soft textiles while every attention has been paid to ensure a trouble-free stay. The outdoor spaces are fenced and ideal for families with children offering hours of non-stop fun!
The house has one spacious bedroom with one double bed and one single bed. It is air conditioned. There are a wardrobe, side tables and a dresser with mirror. The room is bright with a window overlooking the nearby area. The room is tastefully decorated with beautiful textiles, pictures on the walls and lampshades. If needed, two more persons can sleep on the living room sofa that turns into a double bed.
There is a spacious modern bathroom with bath and shower. There is a washing machine available and of course, shampoo, soap are provided.
A fully equipped kitchen offers you all necessary amenities to prepare any kind of meal. There are a number of appliances such as coffee maker, toaster, and kettle.
• Living Room
The living room, dining space, and kitchen are in one open area. There is a sofa, that turns into a double bed and a coffee table in the middle. There is a dining table with chairs that can comfortably accommodate 6 persons. The room is air conditioned and there is cable TV. There is access to the balcony area.
This house is built on 500 m2 of land. There is a beautiful private elevated balcony with outdoor furniture and a large parasol. The terrace has lovely views of the mountains and the surrounding area an. Imagine waking up in the morning and enjoying your breakfast in a paradise of colors and fragrances!
Most importantly, if you are traveling with children this is an ideal place for outdoor nonstop fun.
-- List of amenities and equipment found in the house
• Cable TV
• Fully air conditioned
• Central heating
• Kettle, filter coffee machine, toaster
• Coffee, tea, salt/pepper, olive oil, sugar
• Iron & Hair Dryer
• Free Parking
The house is situated in a quiet and peaceful village called Kissou Kambos in the Southern Rethymno greater area. The nearest town is Spili at 4km away where you can find a supermarket, ATM, pharmacy and cafes and restaurants. The house is in an ideal location if you are looking to escape the tourist crowds but you are still close to the famous beaches of the Libyan Sea. Triopetra, Agios Pavlos, Ligkres, Agia Fotia are about 15-20km away while Plakias, Ammoudi, Souda and Preveli are about 25-30km away.
• • Visiting Southern Rethymno. What to expect
• Beaches- Driving along the winding roads one feels here as though heading into the wild in a land far removed from mass tourism. Between the seaside village of Aghia Galini in the east and the beach of Peristere to the west there are numerous long, broad beaches to discover. Some are sandy, others covered in smooth, gray pebbles, but all are lapped by deep, clean waters.
Three imposing rocks jutting out of the sea give Triopetra its name, a beach that could fit 15,000 people but is rarely frequented by more than 100. A perfect place to unroll one’s yoga mat and meditate to the sound of the sea.Ligkres is famous for its sunset while wild Aghios Pavlos also offers ample space to get away from it all.
Here at the top of the cliffs you can see as far as the island of Gavdos, Greece’s southernmost point. Preveli, is very popular but worth a visit for its incredible natural beauty and a swim where the river Kourtalioti meets the sea.Overall southern Rethymno is great for those looking to find a remote stretch of sand away from thumping beach bars and jabbering crowds. That said, for those looking for resort-style amenities the beaches at Plakias and Aghia Galini have you covered.
• Home style cooking- Here it is all about simple food made with fresh, local ingredients (and when we say ‘local’ we mean ‘from the garden right behind you’). Think dishes like fresh beans cooked in tomato sauce, or organic goat with root vegetables. Here you’ll also see a fisherman pull his catch from the waters of the Gulf and take it straight to the kitchen, as happens in Aghia Fotia, a taverna seemingly untouched by time built right on the shore. Much of the produce is grown just out back. Incredible food for incredibly reasonable prices.
• Treks and trails - The Kourtaliotiko Gorge is one of the most beautiful in Crete and walkable via a trail that runs 2km along the side of the river until reaching the beach of Preveli and its palm grove. For a trail with a more barren, wind-swept beauty, try the hike from Agia Fotia to the beach of Triopetra. Meanwhile horseback riding is also available with trails cutting through olive-groves and crossing streams, while for children donkey rides are also available.
For a walk through a charming village try Spili, where you can refresh yourself after a walk through the stone-paved alleys with the water from the Lion Fountains, an impressive row of 25 carved lion heads. Or visit the Preveli Monastery which played an important role in Crete’s revolutionary war in 1866.
• The feasts- In August the biggest such ‘panigyria‘ take place in the villages Mixorouma, Kerame, Aktounta, Akoumia, Spili and Lambini. Cretan folk music may not feature heavily in your everyday playlists, but it is still very much worth attending one of these events where you can mingle with the locals, and those who have left for bigger cities but still return every summer. Make sure to accompany your drinks with grilled meat or the traditional ‘gamopilafo‘ (literally ‘wedding rice’), a dish made of rice and goat which is traditionally served at celebrations.
• Chania International Airport 94km
• Rethymno city 31km
• Irakleion City 98km
• Spili 4km
• Plakias 25km
• Triopetra 15km
• Preveli 25km
• Agios PavlosGet the full listing »