Located only 40 feet from Lake Superior s beach is the Inn at Croftville Road Cottages. This unique and newly crafted building with tall multiple gabled peaks houses 5 vacation suites all with private exterior entrances. The Inn at Croftville Road Cottages #6 provides the gentle sound of breaking waves hitting the shore and spectacular views of Superior. It is designed with romance in mind. This is a smaller one room walk-out ground level vacation suite right next to Lake Superior. One enters this suite from a lakeside patio with comfortable outdoor furniture and then steps up onto a covered entry porch. The room features a king bed centered on the romantic wood fireplace. The king bed can be separated into 2 twin beds upon request. There is a wing back chair and ottoman you can sink into to enjoy the fire. There is also a dinette in the bay window facing the lake. The suite is equipped with firewood, a smart TV and DVD player mounted above the mantle, and a radio/CD player. The spa tub is near the rear of the suite just outside the bathroom but still with a view of the lake as you soak and relax in the tub. Although this is a smaller suite, it nevertheless has a full size and well equipped kitchen in the rear. This four season inn suite is open all year and has wireless internet access. An artesian well provides excellent water for drinking. The Inn at Croftville Road Cottages #6 sleeps up to 2 people with all linens provided.
Rates and Policies:
• Longer stays are better for us as hosts. Many hosts simply require 3 night minimum stays. However, we choose to accept 1 or 2 night short stays but charge more for short stays.
• There is a 10% discount available for 3 to 6 night stays. Ask for this discount when making a reservation request and we will send out an edited quote with the discount when you request a 3 to 6 night stay.
• There is a 20% discount for 7 or more night stays. This discounted rate is included in your original quote when you request a 7 or more night stay.
• We have a 2 night minimum stay on weekends and a 3 night minimum stay on holidays and special events.
• We have no cleaning fee. Our cleaning costs are figured into our nightly rates. We do charge for extra guests.
• Inn Suite #6 does allow pets. There is a 2 pet limit and a $26 per pet per night fee. You must tell us about your pet(s) in your initial inquiries. Fees for your first pet are included in your quote when you select the pets check box. Extra fees for a second pet will be included in an edited quote we will send out when you request to stay with your 2 pets. Please read our pet policy below.
• We are required to collect 12.375% in state and local sales taxes. These show up as lodging taxes on your quote/bill.
• As hosts, we pay a 5% commission to HomeAway(VRBO). This has been included in our pricing and will not show up on your quote/bill.
Inn Suite #6 is one of 8 vacation rentals at Croftville Road Cottages. There are 3 cottages plus the inn with 5 vacation suites, an office, and owners quarters. Croftville Road Cottages is owned and operated by Teresa and Mike Chmelik who live on-site. The inviting and romantic suites and cottages are impeccably clean and meticulously maintained. Croftville Road Cottages offers an experience reminiscent of days past when small mom and pop resorts were found all along the North Shore. However, the luxurious inn suites and cozy cottages are among the finest vacation rentals along Lake Superior. Croftville Road Cottages is conveniently located just 3 miles from downtown Grand Marais on the lakeside of scenic Croftville Road known by locals as the "walking road".
Come relax by a fire. Hike along the beach. Enjoy the ever-changing sights and sounds of the lake. Please contact Teresa and Mike with any questions you might have. They look forward to your stay winter, spring, summer, or fall at Croftville Road Cottages.
Pets at Croftville Road Cottages:
Allowing pets is an experiment for us. At the request of loyal guests who kennel their pets when they stay with us, we have created this pet policy. We anticipate this will be a win-win scenario:
• Guests can vacation with their beloved pets while respecting our other guests and our premises.
• Guests who prefer to vacation without pets will find the same impeccably clean and meticulously maintained cottages and surroundings.
• We expect increased business from satisfied pet owners who respect our other guests and our premises.
• Only well behaved pets are allowed. (Well behaved includes friendly to people, friendly to other pets, house trained, and no excessive barking or howling.)
• Guests must notify us in advance when bringing pets.
• $26 per pet per night. Limit of 2 pets per cottage or inn suite.
• Outdoors, pets must be leashed at all times.
• Indoors and outdoors, pets may not be left unattended.
• Guests are responsible for picking up after their pets.
• Cat owners must bring their own kitty litter and litter box.
• A designated pet waste garbage can is across the road from the inn.
• Guests are responsible for unintentional damages caused by your pet. Please notify us immediately of any damage.
• Guests not following the pet policy will be asked to leave.
• Guests must agree to and sign our pet policy.
We provide a pet care kit for each pet for our guests to use during your stay. Placed in your cottage, each pet care kit includes:
• Pet treats and toy. (Please keep the treats and toy as a complimentary gift for your pet.)
• Water dish, food dish, and mat.
• Spare leash.
• Pet towels for cleaning and wiping feet.
• Pet sheets for bed, futon, or chairs.
• Pet waste pickup bags.
• Pet hair remover roller.Get the full listing »