***A note regarding the current COVID schedule***
The health and safety of our guests, homeowners, and employees is our number one priority. Our vacation rental aims to minimize person-to-person contact with extra sanitation and cleaning practices and supplies upon arrival, private amenities and entry via lockbox. We take sterility and cleanliness very seriously and abide by a strict cleaning and disinfectant schedule. I provide extra hand sanitizer, Clorox/Lysol wipes, Clorox spray, Lysol spray and a new kitchen sponge and paper towels for you to use while here as an extra cleaning measure. Please let me know if you have any cleaning questions! We want everyone to feel safe, happy and healthy!***
***Ok, now on to the fun part***
Located down a private road on a gated estate in gorgeous Glen Ellen you will arrive to full relaxation. Bon Vivant is perfect for those coming up from the Bay Area for a quick getaway, those in town for weddings, reunions, first timers to world class Sonoma wineries, veteran visitors to Sonoma, special events, conferences, or those just looking to get away for a while. We are well suited for those wanting to stay just a few days or months, Bon Vivant is set up for it all! You'll notice when you arrive that you are surrounded by many magnificent old Oak trees, a large rose garden and beautiful old organic Cabernet Franc grapes with beautiful views of Sonoma Mountain to the South, rolling vineyards and a beautiful open 60 acre pasture on the left, peek a boo views of the Mayacamas from the top of the property. Our organic Cabernet Franc vineyard is going on 30 + years and has produced Award winning wine.
When you enter Bon Vivant you will be welcomed with high vaulted ceilings, and the light filled living room complete with wood burning fireplace, huge comfy couch and sitting area. This room leads into the large kitchen where I have stocked the kitchen with all kitchen supplies, spices piles and everything else to get you started. It’s a perfect kitchen for cooking and entertaining with views out to Sonoma Mountain and bucolic pastures in the distance, the dining room, the breakfast nook and sitting area and family room all lead off of the kitchen. Just outside the kitchen door is a 5 burner outdoor grill next to an 8 person dining room table.
The first floor en suite master bedroom with a Queen bed with a screened in porch looking out to Sonoma Mountain. The perfect place to sip on your morning coffee while reading the paper or relaxing into a good book.
Back in the kitchen you will enjoy the indoor/outdoor access to the back deck to make for wonderful easy living. There are dual professional Thermador ranges with 9 burners and a large professional cooking oven. Bon Vivant comes equipped with a great Breville toaster, a Breville espresso machine a vitamin blender and many other great kitchen features. Enjoy al fresco dining on the back deck as you watch the sun set over Sonoma Mountain.
Down the hall on the first floor the other direction are the other two bedrooms, one is outfitted with a new queen bed, the other has a sleep number King Bed. Depending on your party size, this king bedroom and bathroom can be locked off to give you the ultimate privacy and personal use.
Up the steps you will enter the master bedroom complete with huge lofted ceilings and views of nature all around with deck. There is a large walk in closet for all your clothing needs during your stay, then on the other side is the private large bathroom, with two vanities, heated jet soaking spa, and spacious shower with dual 7 nozzle shower heads.
Outside you can enjoy the large pool and dual hot tubs on the large patio with views out to the vineyard and mountains in the distance.
Down at the vineyard, enjoy some fun bocce, or a game of Klop (trust me once you try it you will be hooked), then follow the estate walking paths along the vines, rose gardens and hillside to watch the sunset. Or just enjoy a glass of wine in the quiet country night by the pool where Olivia Newton John has swam(!), listening to the beauty of nature to truly unwind. The sunrises and sunsets will take your breathe away here. Complete tranquility. Relax on the hammocks throughout the estate during the summer, and cuddle up for a cozy indoor fire during the winter months. There is something for everyone at Bon Vivant. You will feel complete relaxation. You will also see why this area has been aptly named "Valley of The Moon" the moon will take your breathe away while here. Perfect for couples or multiply families looking for a retreat, people in town for weddings, special events, work retreats or re-unions.
I took extreme care in outfitting Bon Vivant with new high end beds, high quality fresh linens, furniture, good kitchen equipment, appliances, and accoutrements to get you started, also local treats to showcase a snippet of what Sonoma has to offer. I LOVE Sonoma and want you to have an incredible time in this magical part of California. You are moments away from an enormous amount of World Class wineries, restaurants, beautiful Sonoma Square, wonderful State Parks, hiking, glorious redwoods and other great activities. I set up all my guests with loads of information to make your trip much more enjoyable. And, as an extra perk in booking Bon Vivant I have access to wine tours not open to the public and a plethora of insider "wine maker" knowledge, tips, tricks, and recommendations that are not available with many other homes. So please let me know how I can help make your stay better! You will leave feeling blissfully refreshed and relaxed, as you should. The perfect escape awaits you at Bon Vivant. We look forward to hosting you!
***Check our rates against all the hotels in the Sonoma area and you will find we are a much better deal for a group - complete with a custom curated and caring experience.***
***Important things to note***
***Thank you for understanding these terms and conditions. We want all of our guests to have a wonderful & well deserved vacation and we feel transparency and honesty is key.***
- Supplemental pool heat available for an extra daily charge of $100.00. Inquire for more details. Only available for purchase from Memorial Day - Labor Day.
- Inquire with us if you have any questions about getting mail delivered to the house.
- Above ground hot tub is "always on" for you.
- A car is needed when choosing to stay here.
- Guests must abide by Sonoma County Noise rules from 10PM-8AM. NO outside amplified noise allowed. Failure to comply will result in immediate departure with loss of refund.
- Swimming at your own risk. No diving in pool!
- No parties - this is NOT a party house. We live in a very special and quiet neighborhood with wonderful people. The neighbors will alert us to any unusual activity. Thank you for understanding.
- No more than confirmed guests allowed overnight, please make sure to put in correct number of guests when booking. Failure to abide by these county rules will result in immediate cancellation and removal with no refund.
- The WiFi works very well most of the time, but on occasion it can go offline but very rarely. The internet can’t handle all guests gaming or streaming large amounts of data on all devices all at once. We rarely have problems steaming movies or shows as a group.
- By accepting this reservation, you agree to “Accept and Agree" to Sonoma County Laws and House Rules along with terms expressed in this listing. A reservation confirmation shall constitute Guest's acceptance of the terms of this Agreement in full and shall cause this Agreement to become immediately effective and binding. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of property from and against any and all loss, claim, liability or damages arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on property by you or your guest(s) or invitees.
- Sonoma County rules strictly enforce our maximum guest number of 8 people. Failure to comply will result in immediate departure with loss of refund / security deposit.Get the full listing »