Updated on Apr 21, 2019
Be at Crystal put in by 10:00. Unload and spot vehicles at 10:15am
Skill Level Beginner
If you are spending the day with us, please bring your food and water for the day, we are not stopping at a restaurant to eat.
Put-In: Meet 10:00AM Crystal River Put in at Fisher Road coordinates are[masked],[masked]
Map from Interlochen State Park to Crystal River (Fisher Rd) (http://www.google.com/maps/dir/Interlochen+State+Park,+Interlochen,+MI/44.9002155,-firstname.lastname@example.org,-85.8552577,11z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!4m5!1m2!1m1!1s0x881e37fe968c67cb:0x36264e8086bc855c!1m0!3e0!5m1!1e1) 40 minutes, 28 miles from Interlochen.
(it is a few miles from Cherry Republic in Glen Arbor) . spot our vehicles.
Take-out: 500 yards past Crystal River outfitters M-22) where there is a good parking lot to spot our vehicles.
Take out... On the river you will pass 2 roads . The first road you will see two options, stay to the left (the big part of the river). The 2nd road is where the Outfitter station is, just past that is the take out. (Although the Outfitters did give me permission to use their take out, however, we need to know that they may have large groups) This is about[masked] hours depending on how fast you paddle and how much you play.
There is one area that we may need to portage across the road.
SPOTTING VEHICLES from the Put-In to the Take-Out. Left on 675 (W Crystal View RD 1 mile) Left on W Harbor Hwy (M22) .
After the paddle you can check out the Outfitters store where there is a lot to learn about the area and they have beverages, stuff for sale and you can rent paddle boards.
After the paddle, If you would like, join us in cycling Heritage Trail.
Some will paddle the Platte later. Some plan to be back to Interlochen about 6pm.
Crystal River Outfitters
6249 W. River Road (M22)
Glen Arbor, MI 49636
1. PFD Required
2. Dry clothes in a dry bag and some in your car
3. ****Please be aware that we enjoy our alcoholic beverages off-river only due to safety and other concerns. Please respect the event host (It's awkward approaching someone mid-trip) and the clubs position on this matter. We’ll enjoy one with you after the trip.****
4. We leave on time to make sure that those who have to drop out with out contacting us can do so. We also can't wait for those who will be running late to keep the paddle in order. Please be on time or early.
5. We leave together after the safety talk and picture. Please remain on land until the host has completed their duties in this regard.
6. Your event host is authorized to accept donations that help keep WMKC running smoothly.
Posting to gauge interest so that I can reserve a condo to share at The Homestead which is approximately eight miles to the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore . We will need...
Trip full. Please contact me to be added to the wait list. SLEEPING BEAR SAND DUNESCABIN, HIKING, BIKING, CANOEING, KAYAKINGKID FRIENDLY, NOT DOG FRIENDLY 3 nights lodging, with real beds...