Take a look at all of our incredible Cabins by searching the cabins HomeAway/VRBO number in the "Where do you want to go?" search function on the websites home page.
Homeaway 7295152 - Surrounded by Heaven (6 bed 6 1/2 bath)
Homeaway 7619351 - Heaven's Mountain Lodge (6 bed 6 bath)
Homeaway 9438559 - Overlooking Heaven (5 bed 5 1/2 bath)
Homeaway 7534537 - Majestic Heaven (5 bed 4 bath)
Homeaway 4357433 - Absolutely Heaven (5 bed 4 bath)
Homeaway 9133009 - Looking into Heaven (4 bed 4 1/2 bath)
Homeaway 9235638 - Above it All (4 bed 4 bath)
Homeaway 9038777 - Heaven on the Horizon (4 bed 4 bath)
Homeaway 7136800 - Window to Heaven (4 bed 4 bath)
Homeaway 7870616 - Heaven's Dream (4 bed 4 bath)
Homeaway 4209637 - Heaven's Ridge (4 bed 4 bath)
Homeaway 7408121 - Heaven's Landing (4 bed 3 bath)
HomeAway: 9247193 – Heaven's Reach (3 bed 3 bath)
Homeaway 9085780 – Closer to Heaven (3 bed 3 bath)
Homeaway 7484441 - Heaven’s Hangout (3 bed 3 bath)
Homeaway 4231986 - Heaven's Peak (3 bed 3 bath)
Homeaway 3780636 - Heaven on Earth (3 bed 3 bath)
Homeaway 3961435 - Heaven's Retreat (3 bed 2 1/2 bath)
Homeaway 7470025 - A Slice of Heaven ( 2 bed 2 bath)
Homeaway 7686870 - Heaven's Heartbeat (2 bed 2 bath)
Homeaway 4966789 - Heaven's Lookout (2 bed 2 bath)
Homeaway 4066947 - Heaven's Escape (2 bed 2 bath)
Homeaway 4085098 - Simply Heaven (2 bed 2 bath)
Homeaway 4810118 - A Little Bit of Heaven (2 bed 2 bath)
Homeaway 4484169 - Sky High Heaven (2 bed 2 bath)
Homeaway 4491958 - Fox on the Run (2 bed 2 bath)
* Note, a full list of frequently asked Questions and Answers are at the bottom of this description.
* Note, stays of 7 nights or longer have an automatic discount built in of 10 to 15%.
Closer to Heaven is one of Gatlinburg's most stunning cabins, offering panoramic views from all 3 deck levels. Unlike other cabins, our view of the mountain range and valley is unobstructed during all seasons. It is perfectly designed for relaxations, romance, and fun! If you’re tired of an endless mountain drive to get to a cabin with our type of view, incredibly, Closer to Heaven is only a 7 minute drive up the mountain from the Parkway. Closer to Heaven is ideally located for whatever adventure you wish to undertake with being only 3 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg and 7 miles from Pigeon Forge.
Our 3 bedroom luxury cabin accommodates groups of 1 – 8 guests. Each private bedroom has a king size bed, master bath, fireplace, flat screen television, and of course an amazing view. A pullout sofa in the Living Room accommodates the 7th and 8th guest comfortably.
As you enter the cabin, our stunning floor to ceiling fireplace is the focal point for the main floor entertaining area. Not to be overlooked are the incredible windows offering you million dollar views and allowing the sun to pour into every room. Furnishings of the cabin are comfortable and accommodating for a party of eight. If the pull of the mountains take you outside, each of our three deck levels offer comfortable seating to while away the hours.
Wood floors and Pine ceilings throughout the cabin set the tone for your relaxing retreat. Closer to Heaven provides a contemporary space for you to show off your culinary skills. Stainless steel microwave, stove, dishwasher, and granite counters equip the gourmet to create to his or her heart’s content. The stunning dining area seats 8 comfortably. If you’re a grill master we haven’t forgotten you. On the main deck is a Gas Grill waiting to be fired up to prepare your steaks, burgers, and chicken. While you grill we have a bar and stools for your fans to witness your preparation and enjoy a beverage of their choosing. When the meal is complete enjoy open air dining on the outdoor dining table.
If a gourmet meal and the mountain air hasn’t stoked your romantic fire, finish off your evening with a glass of wine in our 6 person hot tub or while conversing around 1 of 2 outdoor fire pits. Immerse yourself in the tub or staring into a flame while enjoying the sounds of the woods and mountains amongst the backdrop of stars lights twinkling throughout at night.
For our guest who must stay connected we offer wireless internet and cable TV through Charter Spectrum. Our cable package includes ALL the channels including HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, Starz, Starz Encore, NFL Redzone, and all the sports Networks. Relax and recline in our comfortable theater seats while watching the big game or favorite movie on the big screen. In our Game Room, kids of all ages can enjoy our shuffleboard table, foosball table, poker table and a plethora of board games.
Two minutes down the road, our guests have access to the Association Clubhouse that features a huge swimming pool, as well as tennis courts. During the winter, our location on Ski Mountain makes access to the ski slopes of Ober Gatlinburg an easy 7 minute drive.
NOTE - Closer to Heaven was one of many cabins lost during the 2016 Gatlinburg Wildfires. We have completely rebuilt this magnificent vacation home and the photos we have displayed are current and the views are absolutely spectacular! We just want you to be aware that from this cabin, you may see evidence of trees and properties that were affected by the fires and possibly hear construction noise from other cabins being built.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: (if you re question is not answered here, please feel free to email us)
1. What Linens are included? – We provide linens for beds, bath towels, and wash cloths.
2. What household supplies are provided? – We get you started with 1 roll of paper towels, 1 roll of toilet paper per bathroom, mini dish detergent, dishwasher pods, 1 laundry detergent pod, kitchen trash bags, and travel/hotel size shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion.
3. What does the kitchen include? –The kitchen is stocked with everything you would expect in a normal kitchen plus a griddle, blender, toaster, waffle iron, slow cooker, various size pots & pans, wine glasses, a Keurig, and a regular coffee pot.
4. Do you provide any baby items? – Yes! We provide a high chair, pack n’ play, and baby gates where stairs apply.
5. Do you provide a grill? – Yes! And it is propane.
6. Do you provide fire wood? – No need, all of our fireplaces run on gas.
7. Do you allow pets? – No. Under no circumstances do we allow pets.
8. Is the hot tub cleaned after every stay? – Yes! Our hot tub is drained, cleaned, and refilled for every stay.
9. Is there a community club house and pool area? – Yes, in Chalet Village, we have 3 community pools and clubhouses. The pools are open from Memorial Day Weekend in May through Labor Day Weekend in September.
10. Is the price flexible? - We do NOT offer discounts, nor do we eliminate or reduce any of the fees.
11. When is the second payment due? – 30 Days prior to your stay.
12. When will I get the address and cabin access info? - Address, door code, and driving directions will be sent in a separate email after your final payment is made.
13. What time is check-in and check-out? – You may check in any time after 3pm and you must checkout prior to 10am on the day of your departure.
14. How do cancellations work? - Cancellations or shortened stays that are made more than 60 days prior to the arrival date will be fully refunded. Cancellations or changes that are made within 60 days of the arrival date are non-refundable.
15. Do you provide travel insurance? - If cancellation is a concern, we do recommend the purchase of Cancellation Protection from CSA (this does not go through us).
16. Can I cancel if the weather is bad? – Cancellations due to weather will not be refunded.
17. How is the drive up to the cabin? – It is a 7 minute (2 mile) drive up the mountain. The roads are well maintained and paved. However, there are some steeper parts that are "scary" for some people.
18. Do I need 4-wheel drive? – Only if snow or ice conditions are present. It’s basically a rule of thumb for all mountain roads in this area, that if ice or snow conditions are present, you should have 4-wheel drive or snow chains.
19. Is this cabin secluded? – This cabin shares a road with a few other houses. A house right in front of the cabin and a vacant lot to the left of the cabin that could start construction at anytime. There is a privacy wall on the bottom level deck that creates intimacy.
20. Was this area affected by the 2016 wildfires? – Yes. You may see evidence of trees and properties that were affected by the wildfires. Much of the cleanup has been done, and a lot of greenery has come back.
21. Will I hear construction noise? – It is possible that you will hear construction noise. Just as we rebuilt ours, others are doing the same.
22. What TV package / channels do you provide? – We provide the highest package that our cable provider has. This includes premium movie channels and sports channels, including HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, Starz, Starz Encore, NFL Redzone, and all the sports Networks.
23. What type of internet to you provide? – We provide unlimited cable internet with Wi-Fi.
24. Do you ever reduce the stated prices – On occasion, if upcoming unsold dates remain, we may reduce prices for those unsold dates. That will already be reflected in the pricing that you see here.
25. Are there any days where Check-in or Check-out is not permitted? - The only 2 days that we do not allow check-in or check-out is Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.Get the full listing »