Cliff’s Edge is a brand new, luxury log cabin built in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, just a stone's throw from the famed Chalet Village. Enjoy breathtaking views from your private deck and explore the Great Smoky Mountains with ease. Cliff's Edge is the perfect choice for honeymooners, a couple's retreat, or a small family and is ready to welcome you home. Located approximately 3.5 miles from downtown Gatlinberg and approximately 4 miles from the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Cliff's Edge is sure to offer your perfect vacation destination.
Frequently Asked Questions of Cliff’s Edge
If your question isn’t here, feel free to contact me.
1. What linens are included? We provide linens for the bed, pull out sofa, pillows, bath towels, hand towels and kitchen towels.
2. What household supplies are provided? We get you started with a roll of toilet paper in each bathroom, a roll of paper towels, one dishwasher soap cartridge, hand soap and shampoo. Please bring your own laundry detergent.
3. What does the kitchen include? All basic appliances and cookware, except a blender. We also use a Keurig instead of a traditional coffee pot.
4. Do you provide a grill? Yes, a charcoal grill is available for use. We also have an ash can to empty the cooled off ash into. Please use it and firmly secure the lid back on. It is very important to let the coals cool off to help prevent the chance of starting a forest fire. If you use the grill, please clean it before you leave. Uncleaned grills will be charged a $25 cleaning fee.
5. Is the rental price flexible? No.
6. When is the 2nd payment due? 14 days prior to stay.
7. When will I get the cabin door code and address? Address and door code will be sent in a separate email after your final payment is made.
8. When is check-in/out? Check-in is at 4:30 pm eastern time and checkout is at 10:00 am eastern time. Your door code will expire at 10:00 am! If the cabin is ready prior to 4:30, I will let you know that you are free to check-in early.
9. How do cancellations work? All changes or cancellations must be received via VRBO.
10. Can I cancel if the weather is bad? No.
11. Do you provide any baby items? No, but you are welcome to bring your own.
12. Do I need 4-wheel drive? These are mountain roads and the cabin is located on a mountain. During the winter months, you will need a 4-wheel drive vehicle to safely travel on the roads. Sidewalk salt is provided in a bucket next to the cabin if needed.
13. How is the drive-up to the cabin? Driving on mountain roads can be a little intimidating at first for some drivers, but take your time and you will be fine.
14. How is the parking at Cliff’s Edge? Parking can be a little tricky, especially at night. You have to pull slightly past the driveway and then back into it or go past the driveway, turn around, and approach it from the opposite direction.
15. Was this area impacted by the 2016 fires? Yes, the fire did spread through this area and you may see some small signs of the fire. Much of the cleanup has been finished and Mother Nature has erased most signs that the fire happened. Cliff’s Edge was rebuilt in 2019 at the site of a burned down cabin. The photos provided are current.
16. What is your tv/internet package? Spectrum WiFi with 2-55 inch Smart TV’s. Feel free to log onto any of your streaming service you already have accounts with; Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, ect. Samsung TV's does include the TV Plus app which includes a 100 non-traditional cable channels. For example, no ESPN, TNT, History Channel etc.
17. Are there bears in the area? Yes, do not leave your car unlocked and do not leave food or food wrappers inside your vehicle. Bears in the area are known to open and damage vehicles. Make sure all garbage is securely stored in the bear proof metal trash bins.
18. Is this cabin secluded? Cliff’s Edge has a cabin to the right of it and a lot to the left. The developer has plans to build a cabin on the lot but no construction has started. Cliff’s Edge has unobstructed mountain views off the back decks and all three lots are close, but spaced adequately apart.
19. What is the maximum number of people? Four! This cabin is best designed for a couple or a small family.
20. How close to downtown Gatlinburg is Cliff’s Edge? 3 miles
21. How close to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is Cliff’s Edge? 4 miles to Sugarlands Visitors Center
22. What are the cleaning procedures? All remotes, door handles, furniture knobs, kitchen handles are sprayed with Lysol and wiped down. The kitchen counter tops along with the hard surfaces of furniture are cleaned with Lysol wipes. The bathrooms and shower are cleaned with bleach. The floors are mopped with a hospital grade disinfectant mixture.Get the full listing »