Villa du Port is the perfect mix between tradition and modernity. Only 30 km away from Paris, this magnificent mansion from 1900 has kept most of its original features and provides modern comfort for its hosts after a recent redecoration by World-renown interior designer Elliott Barnes. Settled in a 2ha beautiful and fenced private park you will enjoy 200+ years old trees, birds, views on the river Seine ... but also kids playgrounds and a beautiful swimming pool 14x7m, an outdoor jaccuzzi ...
Traditional â€œMansardâ€ house of 370 sqm set in 2 hectares of a beautiful park, Villa du Port is located just 30 to 40 minutes South of Paris along the river Seine and can can lodge 12 people very comfortably with 6 spacious bedrooms.
Villa du Port is a unique base to enjoy the calm of the countryside combined with the pleasure of days or nights visits to nearby Paris, Versailles or other renowned chateaux nearby (Fontainebleau, Vaux-le-Vicomte). Fontainebleau also offers the best bouldering in Europe (if not the world!). Families will also not miss a visit to Disneyland (45 minutes away) or Asterix Park (1h).
The surrounding area provides biking, jogging or walking facilities along the Seine banks or in the nearby beautiful forest (SÃ©nart forest). 4 golf courses are located around 10 minutes drive.
Villa du Port has been built around 1900, on 3 floors according to the French â€œbourgeoisâ€ style: the house has wooden floors throughout, fire places, and numerous wooden French doors overlooking the magnificent park on the 4 aspects (they can be shuttered at night). It has been recently restored and redecorated by World-renown interior designer Elliott Barnes, providing simultaneously modern comfort and original features.
- on the ground floor, "the living area": a magnificent entry hall welcomes you, leading to the huge kitchen, the dining room and a cozy TV lounge. The large conservatory, which could be used as a huge living-room or home theater, extends the impression of being in the garden.
Satisfying the most modern demands you'll find a Lutron home automation, a multimedia installation, a 100Mb Ethernet / WiFi connection, a lounge with a LCD TV, DVD and music system, and a fully-equipped designer kitchen with Gaggenau appliances leading to a sunny terrace. The large conservatory built in new materials (insulation, air condition) but according to an old design provides at the same time a magnificent lounge overlooking the park and a home theater which can be activated anytime (curtains automated, 3m wide unfolding screen).
- a traditional wooden staircase leads to the upper floors, the "sleeping area": it includes 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms on 2 floors. All the floors overlook the park. Bedrooms are spacious (from 15 m2 to 24m2), and wooden floored. 4 of them offer a queen bed (160 cm) and a closet for the clothes. The fifth one offers a standard double bed (140 cm) and a handrail.
The magnificent fenced park surrounding the house (2ha, around 5 acres) offers green views, ancient trees, fruit trees, walking alleys, birds' singings, small soccer field, old glasshouses and a playground area.
As a central point of the park, a classified over 200 year old copper beech illuminates the views from the house.
Also in the park, settled in the quietness, an amazing pool area, created by modern Spanish architech Alberto Rubio Yuste in 2008:
- pool of 14x7m (heated from May to October),
- independent 100 m2 pool house settled in an ancient Orangerie with kitchen, bathrooms, glass house,
- and 130 m2 of a shadowed wooden terrace overlooking the pool and the park, including a Jacuzzi recessed in the terrace.
Contemporary sets of resin furniture spread throughout the area will enable to welcome guests and family in this heavenâ€¦
A â€œcaretakerâ€ is available on site (living in an independent house well separated) and is looking after the park part time. His english is basic but he speaks French, Portuguese and some Spanish.
****** The villa is not catered for big receptions and therefore we can't accept bookings for parties, weddings, ... Only friends or family holidays. ******Get the full listing »