Magnificent 18th CENTURY BASTIDE that belongs to the same family since 3 generations, in the heart of green Provence, located between MONTFORT-SUR-ARGENS and COTIGNAC, high places full of history (from the Order of the Templars to Louis XIV) .
The softness of the landscape is combined with the authentic charm of the place. La Bastide is located on a promontory overlooking the valley, at the heart of a wooded park of Mediterranean species (micocouliers, pines, holm oaks, cades, thyme, fennel etc) of 2 hectares.
The very refined decoration is of PROVENÇAL STYLE of the XVIIIth century (canvas of Jouy - printed linen hangings, silk taffetas) the whitewashed paintings tinted with pink or blue pigments resume the prints of tapestry in the old tradition Hand of the fleurs de lys and stars in the rooms at the "Lys" - "Marie-Antoinette" - and "Chevalier" room. Most of the grounds have been preserved (original tiles - Salernes XVIIIème -).
The BUILDING OF 230 M2 in total consists of a very old part, to which has been affixed a more modern structure imagined by an architect on TWO LEVELS with MEZZANINE and a LOFT which can be independent.
The whole building therefore comprises:
- a SALON of 25 m2 with ornamental chimney and direct access on the garden,
- in the back of the living room, a reading area and a RECEPTION ROOM of 40 m2 with sitting area, table and chairs. This room is composed of huge bay windows offering a magnificent view on the countryside
- a KITCHEN of old style entirely done up, and the fridge being outside
- next to the kitchen, you will find independent WC and the room of the donkey, which has become a bathroom with shower, bath, washbasin and original stone walls and with the ring used to hang the toilet, donkey
- the ancient staircase in tomettes of Salernes brene to the 1st floor where you will find the 4 ROOMS:
- The first double bedroom (bed 160x200) has retained its original murals of lime, and has a shower and a washbasin.
It has direct access to the 2nd double bedroom (bed 140x200 cm), which was the room of the grandparents. You can also see their portrait hanging on the wall, and the old furniture that belonged to them.
On the other side of this room you will see the staircase that leads into the reception room. There is also next to the bedroom a modern bathroom, with toilet, double sink and bath, which offers a breathtaking view of the oak and pine forest.
Going back to the original staircase near the 1st bedroom, you will find on the right a double bedroom (bed 160x200) and then the loft, separated by a curtain.
The loft extends over 2 levels: 1st floor with 140x200 bed and a single bed, shower, WC and washbasin without separation (see photos). A spiral staircase leads to the billiard room, which also has a single bed. The loft is ideal for a family of 4 and / or a group of teenagers who will be able to have their own space as there is a separate access to the garden from the billiard room.
All BEDS are equipped with bolster, 65 x 65 pillows and duvets.
- the house is entirely surrounded by GREAT SHADED TERRACES overlooking the gardens and the countryside.
- the whole of the HABITATION is CLIMATISEE and equipped in WI-FI.
Outside, you will appreciate:
- THE SECURED SWIMMING POOL and DONE UP of 10 x 4m, with a depth of 1,50 m along the whole length with wide beaches totally sunny and equipped with deckchairs. Shaded areas have also been developed.
- BARBECUE CORNER with PLANCHA near the SWIMMING POOL
- SPACE of GAMES with PORTIQUE arranged for the children, table football, corner petanque
- PARKING shaded on the property.
The whole PROPERTY combines an atmosphere of serenity, in an absolute calm, in the heart of an exceptional nature.
We have at your disposal 2 beds umbrella and a high chair.
Pets are welcome in the living rooms, but not in the rooms for hygiene reasons.
Note that the owners have decided as much as possible the original layout which make the particularity and the authenticity of the place, which can sometimes give a different rendering of a modern house, like for example the old staircase which has Tall and irregular steps, the tile in the upper bathroom which has no joints because impossible on this type of coating, the ceiling painted with lime which creates small deposits, etc.
The rooms are located on the 1st floor, the access will be easy month for the children in low ages and the people has reduced mobility.Get the full listing »