Gite de la Fontaine *** classified by Alsace Destination Tourisme
The cottage La Fontaine offers an independent house with garden on the heights of Val d'Argent in the center of Alsace at height of Sélestat, shortly after the tunnel Maurice Lemaire (tunnel of St. Mary Mines).
Located in La Vancelle, a peaceful village in the south surrounded by mountains, the cottage faces the Haut Koenigsbourg and the Taenchel massif.
Characteristics of the Gite:
1 large living-dining room opening onto a terrace and garden (with garden furniture, parasol and barbecue), 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 separate toilets (1 with washbasin), 1 independent kitchen, 1 laundry and 1 large closed garage for 2 cars.
Babies are welcome (cot, changing mat, high chair). Children and adults will find games and books, TV and DVD player, WIFI.
The house is available for rent by the week or by night (minimum 3 nights). Free WiFi, city tax included Non-smoking rooms. No pets allowed.
Duvets and pillows provided. Bed linen and towels in supplement
(sheets 8 € / room, towels 5 € / person)
High season; July, August, December,
Average season ; school holidays and events of Val d'Argent,
(European Patchwork Salon, Fashion and Fabrics Lounge, Mineral $ Gem)
Low season (except dates mentioned above)
Final cleaning fee obligatory 45 €
The GITE in Center Alsace offers you
• On the spot : …. An IGN map specific to the area of the cottage is at your disposal Walks and marked hiking from the house (castle Franckenbourg, the rock cuckoo, rock fairies, Chalmont, Bagenelles, Valley Villé .... MTB and cycling tours marked out from the cottage.
• Close to the Wine Route: discovery of picturesque localities: Sélestat, Riquewihr, Kaysersberg, Barr, Andlau, Obernai, Ribeauvillé, Colmar and Little Venice
• Close to gastronomic sites: wine route and wineries, tasting flambé tart and other Alsatian specialties in the Winstub, farm inns of the Vosges or restaurants in the area, including two famous restaurants in the village.
• Close to historical sites: castles including the Haut Koenigsbourg, ... casemate of Marckolsheim, the Hartmannswillerkopf, the museum Alsace / Moselle, Struthof, Neuf Brisach and Vauban ... Humanist Library in Sélestat - Silver Mines in Ste Marie aux mines.
• Close to natural sites: the Ried (nature reserve - boat trips), peaks and lakes Vosges
• Close to play centers: animal parks: Volerie des Aigles, Mountain monkeys, Cigoland - relaxation pool: Ribeauvillé, Obernai, ... or balneo: Ribeauvillé
• For textile lovers: Fashion and Fabrics and European Patchwork Salon in Ste Marie aux Mines, Beauvillé in Ribeauvillé, linen factory outlets in Gérardmer, Labonal socks in Dambach la ville
• The winter season offers you skiing opportunities (Alpine skiing and Nordic skiing) at Les Bagenelles, at the Lac Blanc / Le Bonhomme station, at Champ du Feu, not to mention the many Christmas markets.Get the full listing »