Gite de la Fontaine classified *** by Alsace Destination Tourisme
The gite de la Fontaine offers you an independent house with garden on the heights of Val d'Argent in the center of Alsace at the height of Sélestat, shortly after the Maurice Lemaire tunnel (Ste Marie aux Mines tunnel).
Located in La Vancelle, a peaceful village facing south surrounded by mountains, the gite faces Haut Koenigsbourg and the Taenchel massif.
Characteristics of the Gite:
1 large living-dining room opening onto a terrace and a garden (with garden furniture, parasol and barbecue), 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 separate WCs (including 1 with sink), 1 independent kitchen, 1 laundromat and 1 large closed garage for 2 cars.
Babies are welcome (travel cot, changing mat, high chair). Children and adults will find games and books, TV and DVD player, WIFI.
The house is available for weekly or overnight rental (minimum 3 nights). Free WiFi, tourist tax included Non-smoking premises. Pets not allowed.
Duvets and pillows provided, beds made.
Possibility of additional bathroom linen (5 € / person).
Compulsory final cleaning costs 50 €
The GITE in Center Alsace offers you
• On the spot : …. A specific IGN map of the gite sector is available. Signposted walks and hikes from the house (Franckenbourg castle, Coucou rock, Fairy rock, Chalmont, Bagenelles, Vallée de Villé…. Signposted mountain biking and cycling tours from the cottage.
• Near the Wine Route: discovery of picturesque places: Sélestat, Riquewihr, Kaysersberg, Barr, Andlau, Obernai, Ribeauvillé, Colmar and its Little Venice
• Close to gastronomic sites: wine route and wine cellars, flambé pie tasting and other Alsatian specialties in the Winstub, farm inns in the Vosges or restaurants in the area, including two renowned restaurants in the village.
• Close to historic sites: fortified castles including Haut Koenigsbourg,… Marckolsheim casemate, Hartmannswillerkopf, Alsace / Moselle museum, Struthof, Neuf Brisach and Vauban… Humanist Library in Sélestat - Silver Mines in Ste Marie aux mines.
• Close to natural sites: the Ried (nature reserve - boat trips), peaks and lakes of the Vosges
• Near fun centers: animal leisure parks: Volerie des Aigles, Montagne des singes, Cigoland - relaxation in the pool: Ribeauvillé, Obernai,… or in a spa: Ribeauvillé
• For textile lovers: Fashion and Fabrics and European Patchwork Fair in Ste Marie aux Mines, Beauvillé in Ribeauvillé, household linen factory stores in Gérardmer, Labonal socks in Dambach la ville
• The winter season offers you skiing possibilities (Alpine skiing and Nordic skiing) at Bagenelles, at Lac Blanc / Le Bonhomme station, at Champ du Feu, without forgetting the many Christmas markets.
We will be happy to welcome you. To serve you better, we will try to improve our knowledge of the German and English language.Get the full listing »