This house is for families only: parents-children-grandparents. Due to bad experiences we no longer take groups of friends.
We rent it per week from Saturdays to Saturdays, you can book it for 7, 14 or 21 nights...
This superb wooden house is peacefully situated next to the forest but within a couple of minutes walk to the shops, restaurants and street markets of Hourtin town and near the lake (2 km away, 1.2 miles) and Atlantic coast beaches (12 km away, 7.4 miles).
Bordeaux and airport within 45 minutes drive.
This house features an all-round verandah with access from glass doors from all the rooms and to the deck incorporating a heated swimming pool.
The accommodation includes:
- living room 50 m2 (540 ft2) with cathedral ceiling and triple aspect, glass doors to pool area, HD cable TV
- open plan fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher double-oven and fridge,
- 2 sofa beds which are actually real beds (1 twin size bed = 90 cm large , and one 'medium' bed = 120 cm large)
- inside table & chairs for 6-7 people
- outside table & chairs, on the terrace, for 8-10 people
- master bedroom with brand new queen size bed, and an en-suite bathroom with toilet and bathtub/shower
- 2nd bedroom with a queen size bed
- 3rd bedroom with bunk beds + 1 single twin size bed (sleeps 3 people in total)
- shower room and separate WC
- utility room with washing machine and tumble-drier.
- free internet connection WIFI available for free if you bring a laptop.
The house is situated in the Médoc, where the world-famous Chateaux of Margaux, Rothschild, Lafitte and Pauillac offer a warm welcome. Only two minutes walk into the centre of Hourtin town, with a good selection of shops, bars, restaurants, pharmacy, and three days a week market.
There are many activities held in the square during the Summer, with live music, dancing, exhibitions and crafts. Hourtin lake, the largest in France, is a 10 minute walk, where there is a lovely sandy beach with lifeguard supervised swimming, windsurfing, catamaran sailing, canoeing and water skiing. There are many colourful bars and restaurants overlooking the lake, and you can hire a motor boat to explore it.
There is a riding centre and tennis courts, with skateboard park, archery and childrens adventure island with a wooden fort. There are several golf courses, and Lacanau lake within a short drive. The Atlantic coast beach with some of the best surfing in Europe, is 10 minutes away.
The POOL is fonctional from mid May up to late September.
The pool is heated with a heat pump, which means that the temperature of the pool depends on the air temperature, as we can only warm up the pool by a few degrees above the outside air temperature.
So if the air temperature is about 20°, the pool will be about 23°;
if the air temperature is 24° the pool will reach 27° etc.
In July and August the rate is "all inclusive".
The rest of the year, we ask you to pay for your electricity consumption, based on the electric meter. This costs an average of 30-40 € per week.
linen and towels are not supplied, you will need to bring your own...
I will have to deduct from the refundable security deposit visitor's tax, which is 0.88 €/night/adultGet the full listing »