The traditional stone-built farmhouse stands in its own private grounds of over 1 acre, and comes complete with its own large enclosed private swimming pool (16*7M). Close to the historic town of Bergerac, on the edge of Pecharmant vineyards, it is a prime base from which to visit all the touristic places of interest in the Dordogne as well as the Percharmant, Monbazillac and Bordeaux vineyards.
Le Cireysou has been renovated in a manner that provides all the comforts of modern life yet retains the original charm and character of the original 300 year old farm building.
The farmhouse stands at the end of a quiet country lane with little to disturb you other than the nearby cows and occasional tractor.
The house itself stands in its own grounds with lots of trees and grass for the children to explore and a wonderfully large swimming pool sufficient for the most ardent swimmer or sun lounger!
Grounds & Swimming pool: The house is surrounded by local farmers fields providing a very peaceful and relaxing environment rich in wildlife. The grounds around the house cover 6000m2 so there is plenty of space to play games (football, cricket, table tennis etc.) on the grass or to lie under one of the many trees.
The swimming pool is 16m long by 7m wide and ranges from 1-2m deep which makes it a very large and enjoyable pool in which to swim. Fully surrounded with decking on all 4 sides. Situated approx 6m from the house the pool area is completely enclosed and private with a patio area and covered terrace with table tennis table. To prevent any allergies we have chosen a water treatment without chlorine which is provided through a salt machine system. We are environmental friendly and we only use organic pest killers (where absolutely necessary) and no weed killers.
Wine Tasting & 'Cuisine Perigourdine': Le Cireysou lies at the crossroads of the Bergerac, Monbazillac and Pecharmant vineyards. Pecharmant is the most prestigious Bergerac Appellation Controlee and is fast becoming a sort after wine. If you prefer sweet wine, then head straight to the vineyards of Monbazilliac. A visit to the famous Chateau Monbazilliac is an absolute must and maybe you can even combine it with one of their summer concerts. Locals will be happy to explain the vinification process and show you their cellars which have been in their family for generations and maintained with great love and care. You are also only 1 hour away from the stunningly picturesque medieval village of Saint-Emilion and within easy access of many other famous Bordeaux vineyards.
Do not forget to enjoy the famous “Cuisine Perigourdine” making the most of the region's duck population - the 'foie gras' is to die for! 'Magret' is also excellent on the BBQ! We can recommend local producers if you wish.
Dordogne touristic attractions : The property is situated close to the Dordogne river. You can follow the river up to Sarlat (60 minutes) and visit some beautiful places enroute: Beynac & Cazenac, Domme and its ramparts, La Roque Gageac and Sarlat itself.
Some outstanding features at Le Cireysou!
- high ceilings with wooden beams in the traditional Perigoudine architecture
- a large outdoor shaded terrace with view of the garden and swimming pool
- large grounds with various tree species, ideal to play cricket, football or just relax under
- very large pool with salt water to reduce the risk of allergies and the impact on the environment
- the pool is surrounded by a composite wood decking, made out of min 60% recycled wood fibers and low impact polypropylene.
- the house is furnished in a traditional way with old Perigourdine furniture
- large fireplace in the living room where stories used to be told
- above the living room, there is a spacious mezzanine where the tobacco leaves used to dry, to read, rest or watch television
- a stunning stone external staircase leads to what used to be the kitchen, now a large bedroom with an 'oeil de boeuf' (round window) above the old stone sink. Food was cooked in the large fireplace.
- the house has now been fitted with a large kitchen with breakfast bar separating a dining area from the preparation area.
- the kitchen has terracotta tiles on the floor which have been made locally and were the traditional flooring in Perigord.
- we have equipped the house with robust outdoor furniture made from Indian teak, so that you can enjoy and relax in a luxury environment.
- a large outdoor permanent BBQ has been fitted for you to combine gourmet French food and outdoor life. In the long summer evenings it is nice to sit and relax around an aperitif on the terrace whilst the meat is cooking.
- A special wine barrel to stand around a glass of wine
- the bedrooms are large with their original wooden floor and wooden beams.
- we are very environmentally conscious: the house is fully equipped with LED lights, we don't use any pesticide or fertilisers.Get the full listing »