Boussagou is a small private hamlet comprising three stone farmhouses for rental (Pichoutou, Le Pigeonnier and La Longère), plus four barns. It nestles in twenty acres of pasture including a large walnut grove and numerous fruit trees, surrounded by beautiful forests providing endless tracks for walking and cycling (bikes provided free of charge). It is located between the Lot and Dordogne rivers, so is an ideal base from which to explore the famous local attractions.
But, if that sounds too energetic, then relax around the heated 12 x 5 metre pool until the sun goes down, perhaps grabbing a cold beer or ice-cream from the honesty bar.
This stone farmhouse has all its rooms on the ground floor. It has a spacious living/dining kitchen area complete with stone fireplace incorporating a wood burner and beautiful oak beamed ceiling. There is a fully fitted kitchen including a dishwasher, microwave and fridge/freezer. (The washing machine is in a separate utility area next to the bathroom.) The living area includes satellite TV, DVD player and Hi-Fi.
There are two double bedrooms and a third bedroom with accommodation for three; one single bed and bunkbeds. There is a large family bathroom, including bath and shower, and a separate toilet.
The back stable-door leads to a private large garden, with a pretty terrace with barbecue and patio furniture, and a private 7x3m pool with decked terrace area. There are lovely views from the garden to the field and woods beyond.
Of course, you also have access to the communal 12x5m heated pool.
* Heated 12x5m pool
* Pool house with honesty bar
Apart from the pool, there is lots of space for adventure and play in a safe and secure environment:
Extensive garden area with:
* climbing frame, swings and slide
* swing ball
Games Barn with:
* table tennis
* table football
* dressing up chest
* tiny tots area
* bikes for all ages (free use) plus cycling helmets
Or perhaps spend time feeding the horses, or hunting for eggs from our chickens.
'Stables' barn with:
* Relaxed seating area to chill out in
* Blackboard with "What's On" each week
* Information board on local events
* Honesty bar
* Welcome Meal: 4 course home-cooked meal prepared for you on arrival. Please request more information at time of booking.
* Complementary Welcome Basket containing snacks, baguette, bottle of wine, butter, milk, biscuits and tea, coffee, sugar
* Babysitting service if you would like the opportunity to dine out without the children
* High-chair, cot, baby bath available on request
* Satellite English TV, DVD player, Hi-Fi and wireless broadband in each farmhouseGet the full listing »