This elegant 70m², 2 bedrooms apt is located on the second floor of a very nice brick and stone building. The old paved street is quiet, offers many flowered courtyards, and within a short distance one reaches the most central area of Montmartre “Rue des Abbesses” in a very safe and very familial environment.
The apartment was fully refurbished early 2011. It is of high quality, has 4 large windows with views on the private courtyards of the area, a traditional wooden floor and 3 nice traditional chimneys. Decoration is delicate. The apt has also a balcony with table and chairs to enjoy a drink and the sunshine. It offers a rare combination of advantages:
• A perfect location, lively but quiet : a few meters from the trendy Abbesses area, minutes away form the subway, close to the Sacré-Coeur.
• The apartment offers 2 bedrooms. It can be used for up to 6 guests. 2nd bedroom & living room can be linked.
• The overall quality of the apt is very high. Large windows bathe living room and bedrooms with light. The wooden floor gives a feeling of warmth. It is fully equipped.
The living room area has a nice view on the old haussmannian buildings and private gardens of the vicinity. It is bathed in light by 2 windows that open of the balcony. It offers a flat TV, a chimney, a dining area for 6, a lounge area by the windows and a comfortable convertible sofa bed for 2.
Both bedrooms are also bathed in light by windows and offers chimneys. The 1st bedroom offers a comfortable queen size bed and a piano for music lovers ! (note we cannot ensure the piano is in tune). The 2nd Bedroom offers a double bed.
The bathroom is equipped with bathtub with shower. Toilets are separate but inside the apartment.
The kitchen is fully equipped with microwave oven, refrigerator, stoves, dish washer, washer and dryer. A window gives view on the quiet private courtyard. It also offers a nicely designed dining area.
As a bonus, Phone calls to land lines in France, and to US, Canada and Australia are generally free. It is also true for more than 50 countries. Moreover, calls to cell phones towards specific countries (often US & Canada) may also be free. Ask us for detail as it may vary with time and policies of operators.
This location is a perfect base to visit Paris. It stays 15 minute by subway to most interesting Paris locations AND is a very charming and restful area to be appreciated after a whole day shopping and walking through museums.
• Montmartre is a village within Paris: it combines the atmosphere of an ancient village with trendy shops and fabulous restaurants. Many artists and movie stars live in the district.
• As you walk through Montmartre you will pass many winding and picturesque streets with fascinating houses, stairs and wonderful views over Paris. Look for the Montmartre Vineyard, walk to 'Place du Tertre' where artists will offer to draw your portrait and see Picasso’s house and the Salvador Dali museum. Visit the famous Sacré-Coeur Moorish-looking church.
• On the 'Rue des Abbesses' you will discover shops, cafes and clothing stores and in 'Rue Lepic' you will come across the market, wine shops - the cheese shop was rated n° 3 in France – bakeries and charcuteries. It’ll take a few days to select your preferred “café” !!! Walk down to the Moulin Rouge and experience the Paris nightlife.
• On the north side, close to the “Lamarck” metro station is the famous Rue du Poteau Market as well as quaint antique shops.
• The Champs-Elysees is only a ten-minute Metro ride, the Eiffel Tower, Le Marais, Les Halles, and Saint-Germain are all between 15- 20 minutes from Abbesses.
Keywords: Montmartre, Sacre-Coeur, Sacre Coeur, family, 2 bedrooms, flat, apartment, Paris, location, best, price, comfortable, perfect, light, calm, unique, charming, value for money, affordable, Moulin rouge, galette, safe, painters, artists, Picasso, Abbesses, piano, balconyGet the full listing »