La Provençal is one of two gites at Le Mas des Cyprès. Each is a separate building set around a central U-shaped courtyard with its own terrace set away from the other. The play area and pool are shared.
A two bedroom, detached gite sleeping 4 in beds *option on an extra 2 in a sofabed in the twin bedroom.
This gite is mainly on one level with exclusive use of a southwest-facing terrace (pergola, Weber BBQ, table and chairs) overlooking the pool, views and surrounding hills.
A side door leads to the terrace and the designated gite parking, and the main door leads to the central courtyard.
The triple-aspect, light-filled living room has a vaulted ceiling and comfortable seating, a flat screen TV (English Freeview and French channels) and a DVD player (selection of DVD available). There is also a selection of board games and games for the garden. The round dining table extends to seat six and the fitted kitchen is separated from the main living area by an oak-topped bar with two bar chairs. The kitchen is well-equipped with all you could need for a comfortable stay - oven, hob, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, washing machine, coffee percolator, kettle, toaster and all the glasses, crockery and cutlery you could need.
Bed 1: twin beds, oak floor, stone walls, sofabed for 2, wardrobe, tallboy, bedside tables, lamps and door to the courtyard
Bed 2: double bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe, bedside tables, lamps, fan
Modern shower room: tiled to ceiling, walk-in rainforest, single vanity, electric towel rail and wc
Crisp, white bed linen is provided with towels
*pool towels from the last Saturday in May.
The 2.5 acre hilltop gardens include an 11x5m saltwater pool with surrounding terrace - 10 sun-loungers, parasols, solar shower and table tennis. It is sited to take advantage of the lovely views across the hills as well as fantastic sunsets.
There is also a shaded, children's play area with trampoline, swings, slide, sandpit and chalet. You will easily find a quiet corner to have a nap or enjoy a good book.
We are ideally situated between the Lot and Dordogne valleys, with their many historical sites such as two of France's prettiest villages St Cirq Lapopie and Rocamadour; medieval Carcassonne, the pink city Toulouse and the beaches on the Med and Atlantic
all offer a lovely day out. The Med beaches are one of our favourite summer holiday days out.
Spend an afternoon strolling round beautiful old Cahors with its winding streets, famous market, restaurants and boutiques. You are spoilt for choice with things to do from vineyard visits and wine-tasting to bastide villages sets in the cliff, road trains (to save little legs!), boat trips down the river or why not rent a boat for the day, waterparks, circuits in the trees, canoeing, or enjoying one of the many walks or cycle trails. The list of endless.
- 5 mins from nearest bakery, general store and pizza restaurant at Lamagdelaine
- 10 mins from Cahors with its famous market. Just voted the prettiest market in the Midi-Pyrenees 2018
- 20 from Saint Gery with its Sunday morning local producers market, bakery and general store
- 25-30 mins from St Cirq Lapopie
- 45 mins from Rocamadour
- 1.5 hours from Toulouse
- 2 hours from medieval Carcassonne
- 2.5 hours from the mediterranean beaches
Activities are numerous:
- wine-tasting, local restaurants, historic towns and villages
- world-famous Blues Festival in July
- a night market in Cahors the first Mondays in July & August
- local producers village evenings on Thursdays throughout the summer - a favourite of ours
- canoeing, tree-climbing, rock climbing, horse-riding, boat trips, road trains to save the legs!, the famous steam train along the cliffs at Martel, caves such as Peche Merle with its pre-historic drawings
- there are numerous walks and cycling routes in the lovely countryside
*Dogs welcome - category 1 and 2 dogs not permitted.Get the full listing »