Welcome to Cotentin, in Normandy, in a small hamlet in the Val de Saire "Le Vast"; Cottage between sea & countryside "Meublé de Tourisme" 3 *.
Quiet in the countryside, on the Cotentin peninsula in the Manche, near Barfleur (elected most beautiful village in France) and Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue in Normandy, "Au fil de l'eau" is a lush greenery close to the seaside.
The region enjoys a mild climate all year round, which is why there are market gardens and remarkable gardens with lush vegetation. Val de Saire is a large garden in the sea.
Exposed stone walls, whitewashed beams, wood stove, "Au fil de l'eau" is a warm cottage with authentic charm located in a small village in the Val de Saire "Le Vast" famous for its brioche.
It is a charming Cotentin village. You will have the opportunity to admire its typical small stone houses, lined up along the Saire where wild ducks paddle peacefully. Its rugged terrain, its river, its waterfalls, its woods and its houses make it a picturesque village where many painters have set up their easels. Around the gîte, the magnificent Norman bocage will offer you a large number of hikes.
Our cottage has a large garden where it is good to have breakfast in the summer. Relaxation areas are available for a reading break, a nap in the sun or a lunch.
Access to the property is via an automated gate (remote control provided upon arrival); private parking allows you to park your car near the cottage. The "Brioche du Vast" is within walking distance, 30 meters away.
The Cotentin peninsula is a paradise: wild landscapes, immense beaches, picturesque villages, remarkable gardens ... unspoiled nature to discover by exploring the many hiking trails of the Manche, Le Val de Saire, La Hague, the Isles coast, the Normandy bocage, Cherbourg, the tourist attractions of Cotentin are numerous and make photo enthusiasts happy.
Our 3 * holiday cottage "Meublé de Tourisme" is close to several tourist sites in Normandy: - Barfleur;
- Saint-Vaast La Hougue and its island "Tatihou" ("Traversées de Tatihou" organized in August);
- Gatteville and its lighthouse;
- La Hague;
- The Côte des Isles;
- The City of the Sea in Cherbourg;
- The Carentan marshes;
- Near the Landing beaches;
- A little further Mont Saint Michel.
Many activities are available to you:
- Walks in the countryside or through hiking trails;
- The beach ;
- Visit of many exceptional gardens in the Cotentin due to the mild climate;
- The Peach ;
- Diving ;
But also: several equestrian centers and three golf courses (Golf de la Presqu'île du Cotentin (18 holes) at Fontenay-sur-Mer at 17 kms, Golf de Cherbourg en Cotentin (9 holes) at La Glacerie at 20 kms and Golf de the Côte des Isles (18 holes) at Saint-Jean-de-la-Rivière 46 km from the gîte).
DESCRIPTION OF THE GITE
Ground floor: Garden view
The living room is made up of a large living room with fitted kitchen including a fridge, induction hob, oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, Nespresso coffee maker, BOSE chain and all the equipment for 6 people ( 12 flat, deep plates ... 12 forks ...) and a baby chair.
The living room is made up of 6 seats including a very comfortable convertible bench, HD flat screen (satellite dish), DVD player around a stove (wood provided), very pleasant at the end of the day.
The bathroom is equipped with a washbasin cabinet, a shower, a towel dryer, a toilet and a washing machine (dryer available in an annex)
Washing machine, dryer, Dyson vacuum cleaner, cleaning products are provided.
The floor is composed of:
A large bedroom: a double bed (160), a half wardrobe and a chest of drawers.
A second bedroom: a 140 bed and a 90 bed, a half wardrobe.
Possibility of an additional bed.
Each bed has new and quality bedding (blankets or quilts available) bedside tables and chairs.
A bathroom: a vanity unit with two sinks, a spacious shower, a heated towel rail and a toilet (bath mat supplied).
On the landing, a work table, a chair and a small bookcase.
On request, provision of baby equipment: baby bed (bed linen provided), bath, stroller, high chair, changing mat, potty, toilet reducer.
Terrace and Garden:
The cottage opens onto a terrace facing south. The garden bypasses the gite, closed and planted.
At your disposal :
- Garden furniture;
- Deck chairs ;
- Outdoor games (ping pong, shuffleboard, pétanque, Finnish skittles ...);
- Room to house, clean and repair if necessary your bikes or motorcycles.
Free WIFI access.
Tourist tax included.
Discover the Val de Saire, East Coast:
Val de Saire Tourist Office: www. tourismecotentinvaldesaire. Fr
Tourist Office of Saint Vaast La Hougue: www. saint-vaast-reville. com
Discovery trails of the Val de Saire: www. val-de-sary. com / tourism / trails. html
Tatihou Island (Saint Vaast): http: // tatihou. handle. Fr
Barfleur: www. the-most-beautiful-villages-de-France. org / en / barfleur-0
Visit the bay of Saint Vaast La Hougue: www. attelagecotentin. com
The Gatteville Lighthouse: www. pharedegatteville. com
The City of the Sea: www. citedelamer. com
Cherbourg Tourist Office: http: // www. cherbourgtourisme. com
Discover La Hague and the surrounding area, West Coast:
La Hague Tourist Office: www. lahague-tourism. com
Hikes in the Hague: http: // aladecouvertedelahague. Fr
Getting to Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney and Sark: www. round-iles-express. com
Discover the landing beaches:
Utah Beach Museum: www. utah-beach. com
Museum of Arromanches: www. museum-Arromanches. Fr
The Crisbecq Battery: www. battery-marcouf. com
D-Day Experience: dday-experience. com
Activities in the Manche:
Tourism in the Manche: www. manchetourisme. com
Discovery of local products from the Channel: www. mancheterroirs. Fr
Discovery of the Regional Natural Park: www. Park-Cotentin-Bessin. Fr
Hiking in the English Channel: www. mancherandonnee. com
Boating in the English Channel: www. manchenautisme. com
Gastronomy is a strong point of the Channel: fish, crustaceans and shellfish from our coasts, Norman meats, dairy products ... the Cotentin region is rich and there is no shortage of good tables at reasonable prices. Consult our selection of restaurants.
The good tables of Val de Saire at 10mn
- Le Panoramique, 1 Village Eglise, La Pernelle: www. le-pan. Fr
- Les Fuchsias, 20 Rue Maréchal Foch, Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue: www. France-fuchsias. com
- Le Chasse Marée, 8 Place Général De Gaulle, Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue: www. chassemaree. net
- La Maison Rouge, 16 Anse du Brick, Maupertus-sur-Mer: www. lamaisonrouge restaurant. Fr
- Criée du Tomahawk, 1 bis Quai de Tourville, Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue: lacrieedutomahawk. com
The good tables of Bocage Valognais at 15 minutes
- Agriculture, 18 Rue Léopold Delisle, Valognes: www. hotel-agriculture. com
- Le Moulin de la Haulle, 1 Le Moulin de La Haulle, Yvetot-Bocage: www. lemoulindelahaulle. com
- La Forge d'Yvetot, 3 Tapotin, Yvetot-Bocage: www. laforgedyvetot. com
- La Galetière, 10 Place Vicq d´Azir, Valognes: www. lagaletiere. Fr
The good tables of Cherbourg at 20 minutes
- Le Vauban, 22 Quai de Caligny: levauban-cherbourg. Fr
- Le café de Paris, 40 Quai de Caligny: restaurantcafedeparis. com
- La Satrouille, 26 Quai de Caligny: lasatrouille. Fr
- Le Patio, 5 Rue Christine: restaurant-lepatio-cherbourg. Fr
- Le Pily, starred restaurant, 39 Rue Grande Rue: restaurant-le-pily. comGet the full listing »