CHARMING LUXURY 'SPA-LIKE' RETREAT in winegrowing village of Argens Minervois between Carcassonne & Narbonne. 19th century wine cottage and barrel barn minutes on foot to Canal du Midi, restaurants & pub, biking, walking trails, marina, vineyards & olive groves. Many comforts & amenities rarely offered by other rentals: heated pool (May-Sept.), central air con, deluxe beds, linens, robes & slippers, Shiatsu massage cushion, free wine, aperitifs, snacks, Nespresso coffees, teas, biscuits & more!
Le Petit Charme is a 1200-square foot circa 1870 winegrower's cottage and barrel barn with mature Mediterranean-style garden, heated pool, sunning/lounging areas, and outdoor dining terrace and courtyard.
Situated in the Minervois wine region, the cottage is designed to reflect its viticultural history. The cream-colored walls of the Wine Cottage and Barrel Barn change hue with the glorious South of France light, complementing a ‘harvest’ palette of ochre, red, orange, purple, gold, silver and bronze contemporary and antique furnishings. Floors of modern and antique tiles ground the interesting mix of decorative items of glass, mirror, wood and metal – many of which are vintage winemaking and agricultural items -- adorn the space.
WHY CHOOSE LE PETIT CHARME?
• BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: boutique hotel quality-like accommodations with the spaciousness & flexibility of a self-catering holiday home. Perfect for discerning travelers who value EXCEPTIONAL DESIGN, HOSPITALITY & GUEST EXPERIENCE.
• UNIQUE PROPERTY: Lovingly restored 19th Century winegrower's cottage and adjoining barrel barn that combines the charm of yesterday with the comforts & conveniences of today.
• TWO UNITS in ONE PROPERTY for ENHANCED PRIVACY. Perfect for one or two couples or a family of 3-4 who want separate, but adjoining, accommodations. The "WineGrower's Cottage" ('identified as ”WINE COTTAGE” in photographs) has a living/dining room with gourmet kitchen, ensuite bedroom with walk-in shower and vanity area, WC and dressing room. French doors in the kitchen and bedroom open onto a tranquil internal courtyard with secure exit to the pool, terrace and garden. The "Barrel Barn" (identified as "BARREL BARN" in photographs) has a living/dining/kitchen area and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open onto the heated pool, terrace and garden. A bedroom with a 14-to-18 foot ceiling is adjacent to the bathroom with multi-jet spa tub and overhead shower. The laundry area, with both a washer and dryer, is outside the bathroom. The units are joined by an internal door in the WINE COTTAGE kitchen and exterior door in the courtyard that separates the WINE COTTAGE and BARN BARREL.
• SPA LIKE SETTING & EXPERIENCE. Prepared to be pampered! Heated pool, lush garden with sunning/lounge areas, multi-jet spa bath, robes, slippers, toiletries and candles. Electronic massage units for relaxing shoulders and neck. Deluxe bedding and linens. Your choice of feather, memory foam or non-allergenic pillows. Complimentary welcome basket with red, white, rose or sparkling wine, a 'serve-yourself' French spirits bar, and wide selection of Nespresso coffee and Twinings tea with chocolates and biscuits.
• OPEN, LIGHT & AIRY SPACE. Le Petit Charme’s open-plan design, vaulted ceilings, ample windows, glass doors, skylights and interior lighting scheme ensures a light and airy space, even in the worst of weather.
• ROMANTIC GETAWAY. Especially at night with Illuminated pool, garden and courtyard and candlelit multi-jet spa bathtub that changes colors with touch of a button.
• COOL & REFRESHING IN HOT WEATHER. Entire house, including bedrooms, has robust air conditioning. Air con is a necessity when summer temperatures reach into high 90s-100F/30-40sC. Heated pool available May - September.
• INTERESTING & CONVENIENT LOCATION: The property is located the 12th century village of Argens-Minervois, situated along the banks of the Canal du Midi, a world-heritage site. It's a 25-minute drive from historical cities Carcassone and Narbonne. Many nearby wineries, restaurants, and historic sites, especially Cathar castles and chateaux. Easy access to major highways of A9 and A61. 4.5-hour TGV (fast) train ride from Paris. 1.5-hour drive from international airports in Toulouse and Montpellier. 45-minute drive from Beziers and Carcassone airports with flights from London.Get the full listing »