What an exclusive apartment! :
This exclusive apartment is located in the best location in Saint Germain :
• At your feet, “Place Saint Germain des Prés”, with all its luxury shops :
• The famous “Café de Flore” will be your choice for breakfast. For lunch, you will appreciate the ambiance of the “Lipp brasserie” where French politicians hold their private talks.
• The cab station, the subway, and the Saint Germain Parking are right at your foot. Even food shopping will be a pleasure at the Monoprix on rue de Rennes.
Location is unique, but not as much the apartment :
• Each of the 2 bedrooms has its own full bathroom- a rare feature in Parisian apartments
• Incredibly spacious living room and dining room for Parisian standards give a feeling of full rest
• a long Haussmannian type balcony follows the apt all around. Each room as well as living & dining rooms has access to the balcony which overviews the roofs and the “Saint Germain Church”.
• subtle decoration mixes modern comfort of large screen flat TV, B&O stereo and carefully chosen valuable antique furniture.
The entrance of the building is luxurious. It is also very safe with its second glass door. The marble like colors are perfect. The elevator takes you to the fifth floor dedicated solely to the apartment.
One enters through a large oval shaped entrance, decorated with nice fashion paintings from the forties.
Living room, Dining Room and kitchen :
On the left, the large living room, where the TV is located. It has a fire place (not for use) and 2 large windows full height opening on the balcony. A large sofa opens its arms to visitors.
A door leads to the dining room. It also offers a sofa, 2 arm chairs and a large table that can easily seat 4 guests. The room being at the angle of the building, it offers 2 full height windows and a 3rd one above another chimney. The balcony circles the room and bathes it in natural light. The room is also decorated with drawings.
At the other end, one finds the kitchen. Fully equipped and modern with top quality equipment. On exiting the kitchen, one is in the entrance again.
Bedrooms and bathrooms :
Crossing the entrance from the kitchen, a corridor leads to the bedrooms and bathrooms.
On the right is the first bedroom and straight ahead, its attached bathroom. On the left in the corridor, are the stand alone toilets. The master bedroom is very spacious, has two large full height windows opening to the balcony. It is equipped with 1 king size bed. Its bathroom is a piece of art, tiled with white and blue tiles and offering a bath tub and plenty of mirrors with high quality sinks. Please refer to the photos.
In the corridor, the door next to the master bedroom leads to the 2nd bedroom. It is equipped with 2 large single beds that can be set up as a double bed on request. It also has a full height window opening to the balcony. A door leads to the 2nd bathroom offering shower, sink and toilet. This bathroom is also well designed.
Note that, at the end of the apartment, access to the 3rd bedroom is not permitted. It is reserved for private use of owner when he comes to Paris and is not accessible.
The apt is furnished with valuable pieces of antique furniture, some of them fragile. Therefore if you have kids under 12 year of age inform us, we will require a formal confirmation from the owner before confirming booking.
As a bonus, Phone calls to land lines in France, and to US, Canada and australia are generaly free. It is also true for more than 50 countries. More over, calls to cell phones towards specific countries (often France, US & Canada) may also be free. Ask us for detail as it may vary with time and policies of operators.
• The Saint Germain area is very lively and full of restaurants, cafés, cinemas and trendy shops. The art Galleries of Rue de Seine are very close. One reaches the Eglise de Saint Germain des Pres in 2 minutes. And there is even a supermarket to conveniently buy food, which is not always easy inside Paris.
• Last but not least, if you have kids, the Luxembourg garden is walking distance.
• This location is a perfect base to visit Paris. It is very central. There are 4 subway stations at walking distance (Saint-Germain, Sèvre Babylone, Mabillon, Saint Sulpice)Get the full listing »