Cottage on one level between forest and meadows, far from major traffic but 5 km from an average town: Montpon Ménestérol (all shops and amenities). The cottage is adjoining our house, your freedom and tranquility are not endangered because the access is independent and the park is reserved for you.
free WIFI access. Pets welcome.
Holiday checks accepted.
Charges and central heating by geothermal are included
Rates are decreasing depending on the duration.
Furnished and decorated with care, all comfort.
Interior: fridge freezer 220L cooker 4 fires mixed oven, microwave oven, steamer, robot etc ...
washing machine, iron + ironing board
Sheets, pillows, towels and linens are provided. Beds are made.
Flat screen TV 80cm DVD player hi-fi system + radio
Inventory provided on demand.
Outside: a covered and an outdoor terrace with garden furniture, sun loungers, parasol, barbecue. Ping-pong, badminton, petanque
Complete baby equipment (bed, changing mat, bathtub, high chair, booster seat, toilet reducer, pot, bed rail) + a lot of indoor and outdoor games (baby pool) for babies and children-
Whether you are in love with nature, art and history lovers, gourmets or gourmands, sports or tired we will be happy to welcome you and you will be seduced ...
What to do here?
On site: rest, idleness under the oaks, walks on the surrounding paths, ping-pong, badminton ..
Ponds and river with recreation area suitable for swimming or fishing.
Free and free entries
-Lake Gurson 6 km - main body of water of 14 hectares, sandy beach, supervised swimming, shaded park, picnic area, many outdoor activities, playground, water sports, horse riding, a fishing lake of 4 hectares but also bars and restaurants.
-Lac de la Jemaye, large shaded lake in the heart of the forest Double
Supervised swimming, children's playground, observatory (fauna and flora), walking paths
- The river: L'Isle - stretch of water along the river, free entry and free, supervised swimming. Electric boat trips: discovery of the Isle (easy driving without a license)
- Canoeing: various courses on the river will make you discover a preserved fauna and flora as well as castles, locks, mills and old churches.
- Fishing: the Isle fish-rich river protected natural area, river 2nd category is part of the public domain fluvial.
- Hiking (more than 300km of marked trails) -
- Bike, VTC, the greenway: 100km on foot, by bike, alone or with family from Périgeux to Gironde
- Horse riding . Tennis. Golf (several golf courses of 9 and 18 holes)
Cultural activities: a rich architectural and historical heritage.
Churches, castles, mills, gardens (nearby "the garden of Sardy"), Bastides (these "new" cities created from all parts in the 13th century by the English or the French engaged in the long war of a hundred years), the tower de Montaigne (where he wrote the Essais), the Château de Monbazillac (and his wine! ), the Château de Bridoire: a paradise for children and parents ... (70 historical games for all ages = a superb day) the Gallo-Roman villa of Montcaret ...
"The Battle of Castillon", the biggest spectacle in Aquitaine. In August, August, during a large-scale show, the many volunteers revived in the Gironde, the last battle of the Hundred Years War. A range of guns from the historic site and 22km from the "lodging of La Barraque"
The medieval village of Saint Emilion. The steep streets allow to discover a village spread in the shape of amphitheater on the southern slope of the limestone plateau. The monuments of the city testify to a spiritual life, shopping and wine rich in and outside the city. The most famous wine in the world: the first vineyard in the world inscribed on the World Heritage List by UNESCO
Bordeaux: World Heritage Site by UNESCO
(1 hour from the cottage)
Wine and gastronomy: our reputation is second to none!
- The wine: Périgord purple = country of wine, wines ... Bergerac, Monbazillac, Pécharmant, Montravel ... and the wines of Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Pomerol nearby or even why not the Médoc ....
- Gastronomy of course! confit, foie gras cepes cheeses..to taste at home, in one of the many farms inns of the area or the restaurant.
Lili's jams are waiting for you on arrival.
The cottage is also an excellent starting point for elsewhere not so far!
__ A day trip is possible to:
Périgueux, Eysies, Sarlat, Lascaux, return by the Dordogne valley.
The ocean, the Pyla dune, the Bassin d'Arcachon (less than 2 hours)
Your stay will be too short and you will come back!
-Get the full listing »