In the remote, serene Mimbres Valley in Southwestern New Mexico, NAN Ranch guests enjoy access to river, mountains, canyons and desert, thousands of acres and hundreds of miles of ranch roads from our rental housing at the historic headquarters. On a slow day, visitors might simply stay home with acres and acres of lawns, trees, gardens, mountain and valley views, sunny poolside garden or shady private spots and worlds of solitude.
This listing is for the Hawk's Nest Patio Apartment, only, adjacent to the luxurious, historic Rancher's House. The Hawk's Nest, up an iron staircase from the patio, has two queen beds, plus one "over sized twin" loft bed in the sitting room, which also boasts a comfortable chair and ottoman and a sofa (not a sleeper). Besides the loft, the apartment's highlight is its romantic, airy bath with claw foot tub, vessel sink, and marble vanity. Furnished are microwave, small refrigerator, dishes and glassware. This apartment is often rented as adjunct to the Rancher's House, but a guest with minimal cooking needs is right at home. The Hawk's Nest can sleep up to 5.
Other available options listed elsewhere in this website include
• 1912 Rancher's House with 1950s High-Style Western interior that accommodates 8-12 with 3 bedrooms, 2 sleeping porches, 2 baths, new gourmet kitchen, large porches, fountain patio, fireplace, and more.
• NAN Ranch Lodge, typically furnished to sleep 22 but cozy for any number. 3 Lounge areas, huge kitchen, group and private baths (7). Additional beds can be added.
• Charming "Old Gardener's Cottage," a cozy 1-bedroom that can sleep 4 when sleeper sofa is in use. Full kitchen and newly remodeled period bathroom with claw foot tub/shower.
• 2 Bunkhouse Cabins that sleep 4 each with an additional sleeping room for 2 that can be rented along with either Cabin;
• Rental guests may also park one RV or camping trailer nearby, though we do not offer hookups.
• For very large groups, combinations of rentals, and events, a consultation with the ranch owners is recommended.
Whether you want quiet and solitude, a leisurely visit with nature, or rigorous hiking, trail running, or bicycling, your time at the Y-Bar NAN Ranch will be fulfilling. We can confidently say that there is no comparable property, anywhere, that is so open to guests' personal visions for a fulfilling holiday from the outside world. Public parks and preserves are full of other adventurers, but the NAN is yours to share with only a handful of others, and there's so much space and variety you need never see another guest unless you wish to. Just as important to most of our guests is that this historical working ranch is neither resort nor "dude ranch": we don't "entertain" you, schedule you, or crowd you. You design your experience.
Though you're in one version of heaven just staying at the NAN Ranch, you're also close enough to make day trips to the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument, Gila National Forest, City of Rocks State Park, Silver City for fine dining and fine art shopping, La Esperanza Vineyard just up the road for wine and sunsets, and other interesting and sometimes quirky corners of our neighborhood.
Lodge and related cabins and houses in the remote, serene Mimbres Valley in Southwestern New Mexico, NAN Ranch guests enjoy access to river, mountains, canyons and desert, thousands of acres and hundreds of miles of ranch roads from our rental housing at the historic headquarters.
Lodge facility may be rented alone or with other houses and cabins on the NAN Ranch. The Lodge has dorm-style bathrooms and huge kitchen and public areas for your family reunion, country wedding, school or church retreat or friends group.
Again, for very large groups, combinations of rentals, and events, a consultation with the ranch owners is recommended.Get the full listing »