Welcome to The Good Shepherd’s Lodge on Sheep Ridge Road!
"Views are Stunning!" - Gary C
"We Loved our stay" - Melissa S
"All we hoped for" - Luke P
"A Diamond nestled in the Mountains" -Megan H
"Beyond Beautiful" Brooke H
"Sunrise was a highlight! - Chris R
Tucked among the aspens with an expansive view of the mountains, this 3,100 square foot, four master bedroom, six bathroom lodge is your home away from home. The lodge is centrally located five miles outside of Fairplay Colorado in Warm Springs Ranch for quick access to Breckenridge and Buena Vista. Many guests refer to the Lodge as their "Base Camp" to explore the Rockies. There is a definite warmth and welcoming feeling to this special home and area that will help you get away from the busyness of your daily life.
Tasteful mountain-inspired décor can be found throughout this Colorado mountain home, from each of its four master bedrooms to all three of its large living areas. Hardwood floors with in-floor radiant heating and exposed log ceiling lend charm to the spacious great room area. Relax by the gorgeous two story stone fireplace or enjoy a cup of coffee on the deck while watching the sunrise over the mountains.
There are four master suites in this lodge, one on the main level with a jetted tub, and all have walk-in closets & private decks or a patio for your comfort and scenic views.
The great room boasts a two story stone fireplace with floor-to-ceiling windows offering unparalleled views of the Kenosha and Tarryall mountain ranges and Pikes Peak in the distance. You can see for miles over the aspens and the Valley of South Park.
The kitchen, with stainless steel appliances and the adjoining dining area are a chef’s and entertainer’s dream and perfectly situated to enjoy casual living and views of the mountains. The spacious kitchen is fully stocked with all kitchen utensils, dishes and cooking supplies you will need for a home away from home.
The loft is a comforting area to relax and sit by the wood burning stove and read a book or watch a movie on Direct TV or from a selection of DVD’s.
Relax after a long day hiking or skiing in our new Hot Tub! Great for Sunrise, Sunset and enjoying the spectacular stars!
For the fishermen in the group, there are five stocked private fishing ponds located on the Warm Springs Ranch that are available for you to use without a fishing license.
For the hiker, The Good Shepherd’s Lodge backs up to open space and connects to the Pike National Forest for great hiking and exploring.
For the reader, the family room has a large library of over 150 books for your reading pleasure. In fact, it you start one and can't finish it, you can take it home!
Warm Spring Ranch
* Fishing in five stocked private ponds on the ranch
* Tennis and basketball court
* Relax on a hammock in the aspens
* Fish the world class trout streams and lakes in the Fairplay area. Fairplay is the official Trout Fishing Capital of Colorado.
* Hiking – Four of Colorado’s “fourteeners” are accessed from Fairplay and Alma, ( In fact they can be all climbed in one day!)and there are 15 peaks above 13,000 feet circling South Park.
* Biking – Bike around the ranch or choose from dozens of trails in the Pike National forest.
* Four-Wheeling – Four-Wheeling is not allowed on the ranch, but there are numerous forest roads and mountain passes to old mining camps and back country area’s around South Park.
* Wildlife Viewing – Because of the high altitude and geology, South Park supports a number of rare plant and animal species. The Bristlecone pines – the oldest living trees in Colorado ( 2,400 years) can be found above Fairplay on Limber Grove Trail. Elk, deer, moose and many other species can also be found in the South Park area.
* Horseback riding – Saddle up on an 8,000 acre ranch of varying terrain with spectacular views.
* Fall - Take a scenic drive or watch the aspens change colors right from the main deck.
Take a short drive to:
* Breckenridge for resort activities and shopping
* Buena Vista – Whitewater rafting
* Mt Princeton – Hot springs
* Fairplay – Activities every weekend in the summer
* Fairplay - Historic South Park City, an 1880’s restored outdoor museum is located on Front Street in downtown Fairplay
* Fairplay recreation center offers a pool and workout area for your enjoyment
* Cross country skiing right from the lodge
* Ice Fishing
* Take a short drive to Breckenridge for world class downhill snowboarding or skiing.
* You also can ski at Monarch for great skiing and family friendly prices.
* Fairplay recreation center offers a pool and workout area for your winter indoor enjoyment
For winter guests, 4 wheel drive is not required but recommend. Weather can change very quickly and having all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive is always helpful in the Colorado snow.
The Good Shepherd’s Lodge is a great location as well for women’s and men’s retreats, corporate meetings, and family reunions. Ask us for more pictures or more details if interested.Get the full listing »