Enjoy the cozy and comfortable 2,700 square feet of livable space that boasts 5 bedrooms and 2 baths, with enough sleeping space for up to 12 people. Located at over 10,000 feet and nestled in the pines of the Valley of the Sun Development ten minutes north of Fairplay, Colorado you will fall in love with the mountain peak views and unobstructed starry nighttime skies. Slow down the clock and stay for a while!
At The Starry Sky Lodge you can head downstairs to find tons of board games, darts, and a pool table! If instead you are just looking to kick up the feet and find some R&R then fire up the wood burning stove and watch the sunset fall against the Rocky Mountains. The Starry Sky Lodge aims to be your home away from home to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and find your adventure. Slow down the clock and stay for a while!
Almost all your outdoor activities can be found within 10-20 minutes of the lodge. Some of these activities include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding, ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, canoeing, kayaking, and much more! The Starry Night Lodge is your one-stop location for all that the Rocky Mountains have to offer.
• Breckenridge (30-45 minute drive) – in Breckenridge you will find world-class skiing and snowboarding as well as restaurants, bars, art galleries, snowshoeing, and golf.
• Keystone (1 hour drive) – head to Keystone for skiing and snowboarding, golf, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing.
• Arapahoe Basin Ski Area (1 hour and 15-minute drive) – Skiing and snowboarding
• Copper Mountain Resort (1 hour drive) – Skiing and snowboarding
• Vail Ski Resort (1 hour and 25 minute drive) - World-class skiing and snowboarding as well as restaurants, bars, art galleries, snowshoeing, and golf.
• Monarch Mountain (1 hour and 30 minute drive) – Skiing and snowboarding
Best of all is the amount of world class skiing within an hour’s drive without having to battle the dreaded i70 traffic and without the arm and a leg resort pricing!
• Buena Vista (50 minute drive) – Hot Springs, fishing, and rafting
• Salida (1 hour and 15 minute drive– Hiking, jeep trails, fishing, and rafting
• Canon City (1 hour and 30 minute drive) – Home of the Royal Gorge
• Denver (1 hour and 30 minute drive) – Restaurants, bars, sporting events, concerts, amusement parks, shops, breweries, and basically anything you could need!
• Red Rocks Amphitheatre (1 hour and 30 minute drive) – World-class concert venue and hiking trails
• Garden of the Gods (1 hour and 45 minute drive) – National Natural Landmark with incredible views and hiking trails
The Starry Sky Lodge is the truly central location to take in all that Colorado has to offer! A true mountain escape nestled in the pines, we warmly welcome you to your stay at The Starry Sky Lodge.
Please note that, from October through April, and any time snow is present, four-wheel drive is a must to access the home. During the summer months, the home is accessible by most any vehicle, but please note that the last mile or so to the lodge is a well-maintained dirt road, so you may still prefer an SUV or truck.
Daniel & Leah
Once inside the entire home is yours!
Inside the home you will find a binder with everything you need to know about the home during your stay. Along with our recommended activities, places to eat, drink, and get provisions in the area!
Interaction with guests
Please message us or call/text, and we will respond ASAP. Additionally, we have resources that live in the area if immediate help is needed.
Other things to note
At The Starry Sky Lodge, we believe our four-legged friends should be able to join in on any adventure! No sidelining the pooches because of cost. We aim to be one of the most dog friendly places to stay in the area, so we have no additional charge for dogs! We simply ask that you keep your puppers off all furniture, be house-trained, be kenneled when left alone, all droppings be picked up outside, and hair cleaned up as best as possible. No chewing and/or scratching of course. Paw cleaning stations can be found at each entrance. We do ask that you bring your own kennels and dog necessities! Please follow these rules, so that we can continue to offer the most dog-friendly place to stay in the area.
We kindly ask that you don’t make outdoor fire pits. Forest fires are a serious danger to the area, so we ask that you refrain from doing so. Smoking is permitted outside the Lodge, but not inside. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do so responsibly and ash whatever you are smoking in an ash try and make sure whatever you’re smoking is properly extinguished and disposed of (i.e. no forest fires), and please never leave butts laying around, because that just makes a butt out of you and I.
The Lodge is located at over 10,000 feet altitude. You should be aware that the high altitude can affect some individuals in an adverse way. If you have ever experienced high altitude illness, you may want to consult a physician prior to your trip. Parents of babies should contact their pediatrician before arrival.
The home has limited Wi-Fi, but does get cell phone service.
The kitchen is fully stocked with all the necessary cooking accessories to be able to make your own meals!
We highly encourage that you use the wood burning stove as it is absolutely dreamy to have the fire roaring with the Rocky Mountains as a backdrop. All fire starting necessities are located in storage behind the stove you just have to byow (bring your own wood). Wood can be purchased in town for a few dollars. Please let us know if you have any questions about how to do so and please cleanup after yourself!
The Starry Sky Lodge is our families home away from home, so we kindly ask that you treat is as you would your own home! We hope you enjoy your stay and remember to connect with us on Instagram @thestarryskylodge_co to share your photos of your stay and see other’s photos of the Lodge!Get the full listing »