Edelweiss Mountain Haus -- EV #3386 - a SkyRun Estes Park Property
From the moment you set foot in Edelweiss Mountain Haus, you will feel like you can take off your shoes, put your feet up and just sink into the warmth of the caramel pine walls, the plush antique furnishings, and surrounding mountain views. Built in the early 1900s, this quirky yet enchanting home was added onto and added onto through the years higgledy-piggledy. Now it is a wandering collection of winsome rooms that will delight you.
The former owner, Mr. Daley, was of Austrian descent and a consummate world traveler. His mother, Nona, would sneak to the Austrian mountainside to pick Edelweiss and it is for her family legend that this cottage is named. The home is still stocked with Mr. Daley's books, memorabilia and travel guides... even his map in the corner of the great room boasts of the many places he visited. It is all part of the charm of Edelweiss Mountain Haus, where you will truly feel like a welcomed guest.
Step into the spacious great room and you see an exposed log wall that was part of the original cabin that makes up the bones of Edelweiss. Mullioned windows bathe this room in light and offer stellar views of the surrounding mountain pines and peaks. A large stone fireplace, beautiful antiques, comfy sofas (one is a Queen sleeper) and floor to ceiling shelves of books help make this the quintessential cottage. A large oak table for 8 offers a great spot for dinners and excellent conversation.
Wander into the large, well-stocked kitchen and be delighted with the charm of the country curtained cabinets. Spacious and ready for meals for your mountain getaway, you'll find this kitchen is perfect for any cook. At the center of the kitchen is a pedestal table for 4, the perfect spot for morning coffee or a late-night snack. Step down to the laundry area and off to the side, you'll find a full-size washer and dryer for your vacation's convenience. This open room also features a swing and a rocking chair below a sunlit skylight. With the mountain views, you'll love curling up with a book and basking in the sunshine here. Step outside to the deck and you'll find a propane grill plus an outdoor table and chairs for summer dining.
Back inside and just beyond the kitchen, stroll to the first of three antique-filled bedrooms. This room is surrounded by two walls of windows - inviting in light and views of the Stanley Hotel and famous Lumpy Ridge. A plump, Queen bed makes this the perfect room for sleeping - whether it's a good night in our mountain air or an afternoon nap. The next bedroom also features antiques and colorful art... and also offers a plump Queen bed to snuggle into. Just past the bedrooms, you'll find a newly remodeled bath with a large walk-in shower. This bath is open to the kitchen on one side and the hall on the other, making it very convenient to guests in both bedrooms. Just past the full bath is a powder room - also newly renovated. Continue down the hall and you will enter Mr. Daley's study. For those who have to check in at the office during your stay, you will find this desk is very handy and quiet for getting a bit of work done.
Head back into the great room and up the stairs to a cozy, light-filled studio apartment. The apartment offers a small bath with a shower, a tiny kitchen with a microwave and small refrigerator, a small table for two and a full-size bed. An outside door opens to a roomy deck for morning coffee and views of the Stanley Hotel. Edelweiss Mountain Haus is the perfect getaway for you and your family or friends. While the neighborhood is tightknit, this home feels spacious and private.
The surrounding lawn is level and the perfect place for the kids to play and enjoy the fresh mountain air. Don't be surprised to find a herd of deer or elk in the yard. You'll love the gorgeous views of Lake Estes, Downtown Estes Park, Lumpy Ridge and the Continental Divide in Rocky Mountain National Park. This home sits less than a half mile above downtown Estes Park and is an easy walk to evenings of live music, restaurants, shopping, shuttle stops, and the Estes Park trail system.
Book Edelweiss Mountain Haus for your mountain vacation today!
What to be aware of:
- ALLERGY ALERT! Owners have had their dog in this home
- No air conditioning (most Estes Park homes do not have air conditioning) There are several fans at this home.
- Age Restriction: The person who books the reservation must be at least 25 years of age, and will also stay in the vacation home.
- BEARS in the area, please secure all trash and you will need to lock doors and windows each time you leave the property.
- Our office hours are Daily - 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. MST.Â
- On-call staff is available after hours daily to respond to urgent issues that threaten the health orÂ safety of guests, or the property itself; such as a gas leak, a broken furnace, or broken water line. Non-urgent issues will be handled on the next business day.
- We provide a complimentary starter set of household items such as bath tissue, paper towels, and dish soap. We do not re-stock these items and if needed, additional supplies will need to be purchased locally by the guest.
- This is a pet-free home. Pets are not allowed. You will be charged a $1000 cleaning fee for non-compliance.
- Absolutely no smoking, including marijuana, inside this home. Cleaning for cigarette or marijuana smoke will result in a $1000 cleaning fee.
- Parties are not allowed. This is a quiet neighborhood with strict noise restrictions. Quiet hours begin at 10 pm. Thank you!
What You'll Love:
- Charming, hilltop cottageÂ
- 0.3 Miles walking distance to downtown Estes Park, shuttle stops, trails
- 10 Minutes / 3.2 miles to the South entrance of Rocky Mountain National ParkÂ
- Views of Lake Estes, the Stanley Hotel and Continental Divide
- Personal Chef Services Available - Additional ChargeGet the full listing »