**Please note the owner lives on site, in a separate unit, and may be present**
You may have to extend your trip once you realize the vast amount of adventures nearby at this 1-bed, 1-bath, vacation rental apartment that sleeps 4! Enjoy restaurants, art galleries, breweries, and the scientifically-proven best water in the world - all just minutes away! Spend a romantic getaway with your adventure partner or bring the kids along to experience the Northern California wilderness together!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom (Serenity): Queen Bed | Living Room: Pullout Bed
Dunsmuir is a historic, frontier town established in the 1880's and this home has been around almost as long - it was built in 1904! The interior is quaint and charming, perfect for a cozy place to relax after days spent exploring.
The home has a well-equipped and well-stocked kitchen complete with a blender, kettle, smoothie maker, and rice cooker. It's perfect for whipping up some homemade granola to bring when you go traverse the mountains, rock climb in Castle Crags State Park, and go caving!
The home comes stocked with 2 kayaks, a canoe, and many bikes that renters can use for an additional fee! How convenient is that?
When you're ready to get off your feet and give your body a break, the rustic, wood-paneled bedroom is an inviting place to relax. Watch a movie on the flat-screen Smart TV or read a book in bed. The comfortable cloud-like bedding might even make you doze off!
Prepare a hearty meal in the kitchen and share your meal at the table in the hidden patio lined with lush greenery. Retire for the night and wake up rested and ready for the day!
-- THE LOCATION --
The diverse landscape of the region makes it a true four-season destination! Spend a day river rafting, visiting waterfalls and photographing botanical gardens during the summer and skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and snowmobiling at Mt. Shasta Ski Park come winter.
Dunsmuir is the home of the best drinking water in the world! Be sure to bring your fishing gear, as this world-class fishing town is one of the top fly-fishing destinations in the world! Presidents since Teddy Roosevelt have been coming here to experience the world-class fly fishing!The Amtrak also stops in this town, so you'll have easy access to multiple California destinations.
The home is perfectly situated to get to every activity you could possibly imagine. The Sacramento River is 0.2 miles away and offers the perfect location to river raft, kayak, canoe, swim, and fish! You can also hop on the famous Pacific Crest Trail just 3.4 miles from the property for a scenic hike.
You're bound to get adrenaline rushes from these activities so opt for a calmer afternoon at one of the many local spas. Or go for a more outdoorsy route and pamper yourself at the hot springs. Other great escapades include horseback riding, jet skiing, and boating, visiting historic geological wonders, taking a helicopter tour of Mt. Shasta, and attending a multitude of festivals throughout the year!
All of these activities are going to make you very hungry, and if you don't feel like cooking at the home you can venture to some great local eateries! Downtown Dunsmuir offers Thai, Mexican, breakfast, coffee houses, bakeries, and anything else you could desire!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped, well-stocked kitchen full of essentials, a flat-screen Smart TV, free WiFi, air conditioning, complimentary toiletries and linens, a pillow menu, a furnished patio, carbon monoxide detector, fire alarm, parking for 1 car, and more
- Amenities available for an additional fee include 2 kayaks, a canoe, many bikes, tour guide services, local transportation services, and Airport and Amtrack train shuttle services
- This Dunsmuir, California home is the perfect home base for outdoor enthusiast looking to hike the Pacific Crest Trail, ski the slopes of Mt. Shasta, and fish the Sacramento River
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Redding Municipal Airport - 6751 Woodrum Cir # 200, Redding, CA 96002, (~ 59.3 miles away)
- Additional Nearby Airport: Medford-Airport - Medford, OR 97504, (~ 99.6 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »