PLEASE CLICK ON THE FIRST PHOTO TO ENLARGE THE PHOTOS AND REVEAL THE CAPTIONS.
127 sq mt/1367 sq ft fully furnished apartment only 5 minute walk to Sosua Beach, the most popular beach in the Dominican Republic, the center of town, gym, casino, and many other activities and places of interest. Car not needed.
FEATURES: 2 air-conditioned bedrooms, 2 full baths with shower; air-conditioned living room; ceiling fans in living room, kitchen and bedrooms; balcony; washing machine and dryer; WiFi, TV in master suite and living room.
ON THE PROPERTY: Swimming pool and laundry. Property is gated and has 24-hour security.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE (CAR NOT NEEDED):
1. Two beaches: Playa Sosua and Playa Alicia. Sosua beach is the closest and most popular. On Sosua Beach, besides the sun and sand there are large shaded areas with bars and restaurants which are great places for food, refreshments and people watching.
2. Scuba diving and snorkeling. Equipment, instruction and PADI certification available.
3. Kayaks. CrystalKayak rents “crystal clear” kayaks on Sosua Beach.
4. Stand Up Paddle Boards. Rented by Eric Tours on the access street to Sosua Beach. Instruction available.
5. Top Cat Catamaran. Rented by Eric Tours on the access street to Sosua Beach.
6. Coral Reef Casino
7.Platinum Gym. Well equipped & air conditioned.
8. Racquetball and Squash court at Platinum Gym. Racquetball rackets available.
9. Shoot baskets and play "street basketball" on the abbreviated half court in Platinum Gym. Ball available.
10. Numerous restaurants and bars in town and on Sosua Beach.
11. Supermarket Playero and several pharmacies.
12. Jewish Museum. Displays tell about the 700 Jewish refugees able to escape Nazi persecution in 1940, settle in what is now Sosua and create this community.
13. Sosua Casa de Arte. Displays the work of area and national artists.
14. Sports bars
WITHIN 10 MILES (TAXIS CAN BE ARRANGED):
1. Kiteboarding and Windsurfing. 9 miles to Cabarete for world class kiteboarding and windsurfing. Many pros from Europe train here in winter. Equipment and instruction available
2. Surfing at Playa Encuentro. Equipment and instruction available.
3. Monkey Jungle. Mingle with the almost 30 squirrel and capuchin monkeys.
4. Monkey Jungle Zip Line. A 7-station 4500 foot ACCT certified zip line. Enjoy the breathtaking view spanning over 290 acre working farm
10 TO 20 MILES (TRANSPORTATION CAN BE ARRANGED)
1. Ocean World Marine Park in Puerto Plata has great shows, and you can also swim with dolphins or hold a 7-foot shark on your lap
2. Cable car to top of Mount Isabel de Torres in Puerto Plata. Great views from the top.
3. Fun City Action Park. Go-Kart tracks of varying difficulty.
4. Playa Dorada Golf Course. 18 holes
EXCURSIONS: Local tour operators offer a wide variety of excursions, including whale watching, deep sea fishing, white water rafting, mountain biking, and a a jeep safari that includes a 28 level waterfall where you can climb up the last 8 cascades.
AIRPORTS: The closest is Puerto Plata (POP) but Santiago (STI) is an option. Taxis can be arranged in advance for both.Get the full listing »